shape
carat
color
clarity

wedding programme ideas

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
it's about a year and a half before the wedding (we think, though we'll give it up to 2ish years), and we're trying to think about what we want.

we're chinese, so the standard is:
1. gatecrashing in the morning (which means the man needs to do all sorts of hijinks to 'get' the bride)
2. sometimes a church-walk-down-the-aisle, and sometimes a small solemnisation
3. HUGE banquet dinner with about 300-400 people.

BUT

1. we don't want the gatecrashing
2. we won't have a church ceremoney
3. we want a small dinner with close friends and immediate family, with about 85-100 people.

so I was wondering, of the rest of you unencumbered by church or asian traditions, what did you do for your wedding?

I see loads of gorgeous photos of american/ european weddings, but what actually goes on!

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
I too am Chinese and got married only a few months ago.

We got married on the coast of Spain (though we are in Canada) in an 18th century converted theatre turned boutique hotel… it kept the wedding very intimate (35 people), unique and so beautiful! The setting was incredible… medieval towns and amazing country-side and coastal villages.

It definitely requires much more coordination and work, but I would suggest considering a destination wedding. If an all-inclusive wedding package (e.g. caribbean) is not your cup-of-tea, consider one in Europe?

The one disadvantage to consider is that we still had to come home and have a "chinese banquet" for all the family friends who couldn't make it to Spain… but we didn't spend too much time or effort making that one special (in fact, I gave the reigns to my mother completely, and it was really more of a dinner in a restaurant).

Moses026

Rough_Rock
Hey I am not a Chinese but my girlfriend belongs to China. I attended some Chinese wedding events in New York with her. Their traditions and cultures are quite different and she always asks me to get married in Chinese style.

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Do your number 3. What is the big deal? Your wedding...your choice.

I did not realize being Chinese was “encumbered”.

FM

MichealFlint

Rough_Rock
Changing the name? I’ve so tired from this! My friend got married last month, I making the decision was really hard for her. But now it seems to be okay. This how to change your name resource was really helpful. If you, girls, have the same problem just click the link, it really would save your time. Very nicely written and inspiring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results