shape
carat
color
clarity

Is now the right time for an upgrade?

MJGallery

Rough_Rock
Per RapNet, diamond retail prices have been stagnant or declined slightly over the last quarter of 2014. Do you think prices will continue to come down? Have you experienced a price drop recently?

http://www.idexonline.com/portal_FullNews.asp?id=40279

Secondly, how much mark up do you think online retailers (like BN, B2C, enchanted, etc.) put on their stones vs what they paid to their suppliers?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have noticed that prices have been stable and really not higher since I last bought a diamond a year and a half or so ago. So for me, it is time to buy because I doubt the prices will stay this way long term due to demand in other parts of the world such as China. That is just a consumer hunch...I have no knowledge about predicting diamond prices!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there a wrong time for upgrading?... :lol:

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Dancing Fire|1422241661|3822089 said:

Now is always the right time for upgrading. I am just glad I got my AVC before my refrigerator kicked the bucket. :lol:

AlexPark

Rough_Rock
MJGallery|1422238551|3822060 said:
Per RapNet, diamond retail prices have been stagnant or declined slightly over the last quarter of 2014. Do you think prices will continue to come down? Have you experienced a price drop recently?

http://www.idexonline.com/portal_FullNews.asp?id=40279

Secondly, how much mark up do you think online retailers (like BN, B2C, enchanted, etc.) put on their stones vs what they paid to their suppliers?

Perfect time to buy. I'm buying everything about -5% to -10% off rap cheaper. Blue Nile markup is 5-7% I believe. I found some stone listed on Rapnet that blue Nile also had.

retrogamer

Shiny_Rock
Dancing Fire|1422241661|3822089 said:

According to my wife, never. According to my own philosopies, depends on whether or not we want a vacation or a piece of bling :razz:

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
I think diamond prices have come down a bit, when I was searching for a round brilliant I noticed prices were slightly lower than the same time last year.
I would upgrade now for sure bec you never know what can come up in the next couple months, you might need somrthing new for the house or some other thing might come up.
Do it now!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results