shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

AGSHF

Shiny_Rock
This Cartier tiara is new, but it has a pearl with royal provenance. WSJ reports the natural pearl came from Princess Mary, daughter of the UK's Queen Mary.

online.wsj.com/articles/crowning-glory-a-tiara-with-pedigree-1417105215

picture_17.jpg

picture_18.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I'm still around, just busy chasing after the crown prince of the household (now 13 years old) and listening to my little princess (now 7 years old) sing "Let It Go" constantly. School is insane as always, and I started working on a master's degree.

It does seem like tiara events have slowed tremendously over the past year or so. Since the global economy is still a little shaky, royals are shying away from grand events. When I look at some of the new stars on the royal watching scene, no one seems to be embracing their inner magpie. Princess Madeline of Sweden basically only worries about the Nobel Prizes for a tiara event, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge almost avoid bling all together, and Princess Charlene is the eiptome of anti-jewels.

Another aspect that I think is that with the recent flurry of abdications (Netherlands, Spain, Belgium) we have a crop of Crown Princesses who are too young for tiaras (Amalia, Leonore, and Elisabeth). When they hit 18, hopefully they will get a chance to shine.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LadyMaria|1418313958|3799456 said:
I'm still around, just busy chasing after the crown prince of the household (now 13 years old) and listening to my little princess (now 7 years old) sing "Let It Go" constantly. School is insane as always, and I started working on a master's degree.

It does seem like tiara events have slowed tremendously over the past year or so. Since the global economy is still a little shaky, royals are shying away from grand events. When I look at some of the new stars on the royal watching scene, no one seems to be embracing their inner magpie. Princess Madeline of Sweden basically only worries about the Nobel Prizes for a tiara event, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge almost avoid bling all together, and Princess Charlene is the eiptome of anti-jewels.

Another aspect that I think is that with the recent flurry of abdications (Netherlands, Spain, Belgium) we have a crop of Crown Princesses who are too young for tiaras (Amalia, Leonore, and Elisabeth). When they hit 18, hopefully they will get a chance to shine.

Hi, LadyMaria! I was delighted to see your name pop up and so I came to check out this thread. I had assumed that you were writing about the birth of Princess Charlene's twins! Obviously you were not. I am charmed to see you. I am also charmed that AGSHF has been posting since I last visited. I had not realized that, either. And, in case anyone could have missed it, Princess Charlene gave birth to twins: a girl and a boy.

Link to Article on Births in Monaco...http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/monacos-royal-twins-throne-27499642

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Well, this thread is for royal jewels, and Charlene doesn't seem to wear any ;))

But yes, the news about the twins is delightful. I love their names. I was a teensy bit surprised the name Grace wasn't included somehow (Rainier was) but Albert does have one illegitimate daughter with the middle name Grace.

I really really REALLY loved watching the Nobel Prize ceremony!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1143254/Glamorous-Swedish-royals-attend-Nobel-Prize-ceremony.html

Victoria's dress was gorgeous! I wasn't sure about the diamond cross she wore at first, but it is growing on me. I would like to see her in the Connaught tiara someday. Next year, there will be a new tiara wearer after Carl Phillip marries!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is from the first series of photos of the twins (with their parents) released by Monaco's reigning family.

AGBF
:read:

monacotwins.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
More or less along the lines of royal jewels, the Miss Universe pageant was held this weekend. They have a new jewel sponsor which means a new crown. See here for pictures...

http://www.missuniverse.com/news/view/530

Personally, I loathe it. I think it looks like a cheap New Year's Eve trinket.

WithinDemise

Rough_Rock
It's been a long time since I've posted here (shame on me) and I'm in the process of catching up on what I've missed.

Lately, I've gotten into the obsession of compiling as many tiara event photos that I can for each lady. So far I've done Silvia, Victoria, Madeleine, Mary, Marie, and Alexandra. I am working on Margrethe, Benedikte, Anne-Marie, Alexia, Marie Chantal, Theodora, Alexandra SWB, and Nathalie.

Silvia:
6-Button Tiara (Part 1)
Baden Fringe Tiara (Part 1)
Braganza Tiara (Part 1) (Part 2)
Cameo Tiara (Part 1) (Part 2) (Part 3)
Connaught Tiara (Part 1) (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5) (Part 6) (Part7) (Part 8)
Cut Steel Tiara (Part 1)
Edward VII Ruby Tiara (Part 1)
Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara (Part 1) (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5)
Modern Fringe Tiara (Part 1)
Nine Prong Tiara (Part 1) (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5) (Part 6) (Part 7) (Part 8) (Part 9)
Queen Josephine's Amethyst Tiara (Part 1) (Part 2)

Victoria:
4-Button & 6-Button Tiara (Part 1) (Part 2) (Part 3)
18th Birthday Tiara (Part 1) (Part 2)
Baden Fringe Tiara (Part 1) (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4)
Cameo Tiara (Part 1)
Cut Steel Tiara (Part 1) (Part 2)
Cut Steel Bandeau (Part 1)
Diamond Necklace (Part 1)
Laurel Wreath Tiara (Part 1)
Queen Josephine's Amethyst Tiara (Part 1)

Madeleine:
4-Button & 6-Button Tiara (Part 1)
Aquamarine Bandeau (Part 1)
Connaught Tiara (Part 1)
Diamond Necklace (Part 1)
Modern Fringe Tiara (Part 1) (Part 2) (Part 3)
Queen Josephine's Amethyst Tiara (Part 1)

Mary:
Danish Ruby Parure Tiara (Part 1) (Part 2)
Diamond Wedding Tiara (Part 1) (Part 2) (Part 3)
Midnight Tiara (Part 1)

Alexandra:
Princess Alexandrine Drop Tiara (Part 1) (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5) (Part 6)

Marie:
Princess Dagmar Floral Tiara (Part 1) (Part 2) (Part 3)
Flora Danica Tiara (Part)

(if you're on pinterest, you can also check out my tiara collections there too: http://www.pinterest.com/sarahw1315/)

I found a lot of new and cool photos. I tried to add dates when I could, but some of them for Silvia & Alexandra are unknown. Margrethe has been difficult to collect, but I'm doing as best as I can.

(I hope all of these links work!)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LadyMaria|1422418573|3823057 said:
More or less along the lines of royal jewels, the Miss Universe pageant was held this weekend. They have a new jewel sponsor which means a new crown. See here for pictures...

http://www.missuniverse.com/news/view/530

Personally, I loathe it. I think it looks like a cheap New Year's Eve trinket.

I agree, LadyMaria. It's really ugly. When I read about the materials with which it was constructed, I was surprised that any precious stones were used, however. It never occurred to me that any were used in beauty pageant crowns. (Why would any be?)

Why would anyone mix diamonds with leather and crystal?

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WithinDemise|1422500277|3823611 said:
It's been a long time since I've posted here (shame on me) and I'm in the process of catching up on what I've missed.

Lately, I've gotten into the obsession of compiling as many tiara event photos that I can for each lady. So far I've done Silvia, Victoria, Madeleine, Mary, Marie, and Alexandra. I am working on Margrethe, Benedikte, Anne-Marie, Alexia, Marie Chantal, Theodora, Alexandra SWB, and Nathalie.

Wow, WithinDemise! You surely returned with a bang! That's a lot of work you did! I will certainly dip into your catalogue when I have some leisure time. Thank you so much for posting the links for the rest of us so that we can enjoy some eye candy!!!!

Deb/AGBF :wavey:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this a new sapphire suite (pendant and earrings). They look to be a shield or pear cut.

ddc2e464-8b88-4594-9a47-05a8dd2d5f84_zpsdsqvo8s8_1_.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not have Facebook, but looked up the suite, too. I found this:

"Following endless searching the team at My Small Obsessions finally identified the stones as pieces by G Collins & Sons, a jewellery favoured by The Countess of Wessex. The stones come from Tanzania in Africa, We know the Duke and Duchess are both fond of Africa. Below we see the Tanzanite and Diamond Pendant at G Collins & Sons. The pear shaped pendant are available for £8,400. Kate's exact earrings are not available at this time."

I am also including another photo that I thought showed the earrings in a different light and a photo of the necklace alone (not being worn).

AGBF

diamondandtanzanitependant.jpg

_28160.jpg

MsBris

Rough_Rock
I just love this thread. Thank you all to those contributing such wonderful information.
And now back to it.

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Hi

i have not been here for a very long time

here are some updates

Nobel 2014
Crown Princess Victoria

ste_2014_nobel_p_2899627.jpg

starl-988x926.png

victoriarod-878x988.png

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Queen Silvia and crown princess Victoria with same diamond cross, also worn by Queen Sofia of sweden

wiklund-988x721.png

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Princess Madeleine nobel 2014

maddediadem-988x812.png

maddeslotts-988x959.png

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Queen Silvia at nobel 2014

king-carl-xvi-gustaf-and-queen-silvia-nobel-laureates-dinner.jpg

silvia-tt1.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Princess christina at nobel 2014

3452532_2048_1152.jpg

460251872.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
first represenationdinner of the year in sweden march 2015

645_70.jpg

43.png

645_70__1_.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden attended the Royal Swedish Academy of Letters, History and Antiquities on March 20, 2015.

crown-princess-victoria-2.jpg

princess-victoria.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
there has also been a state visist to finland from sweden in 2015

eskstrom-988x874.png

jonase-988x889.png

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
official photos of Crown Princess Mary of denmark

crown-princess-mary-of-denmark.jpg

253d363900000578-2935813-image-m-18_1422843536784.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Danish Royals attends a New Years Levee and Banquet at Christian VII's Palace on January 1, 2015

queen-margrethe.jpg

crown-princess-mary.png

princess-marie.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
State visit from the netherlands to Denmark

26c2a31600000578-3000564-image-m-22_1426686471527.jpg

466613980.jpg

queen-maxima-visit-denmark.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
second part of post
state visit from the netherlands to denmark

the bracelet photo posted first at the royal forums

_28736.jpg

mary_aqua_bracelet_0.jpg

_28739.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, thanks, Josefine! Those are some amazing jewels and gowns!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhea|1428604464|3859384 said:
Wow, thanks, Josefine! Those are some amazing jewels and gowns!

Yes, Josefine, thank you for posting all the wonderful photos. It is still difficult for me to get used to Maxima now being Queen Maxima, although somehow King Willem-Alexander doesn't come with such difficulty. How can Beatriz not be Queen, however? I always love seeing Daisy in her red lipstick. Her green gems do not exactly match her teal gown. (I believe she often combines the two.) Ask her if she cares!

AGBF

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
What tiara is queen silvia wearing Here?

_29054.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Josefine|1429043633|3861842 said:
What tiara is queen silvia wearing Here?

At times like this I miss Bobby even more than I usually do (which is a lot!). I will see what I can find out. He would know immediately!

AGBF

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results