shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
So I stopped by a little second hand shop today and came across the sweetest little rosebud pearl necklace. It was only $5 so I scooped it up.

fullsizerender_21.jpg

I believe them to be 5-6MM but I could be wrong. They are a lovely white/creamish color, and some have the most beautiful luster.
I put it on right out of the shop.

It's 18" long, The clasp is a tiny SS lobster clasp. I may look for a little toggle or hook clasp for it (the pearls are so small I wouldn't want one to overpower them). I was thinking about taking it apart to salvage the pearls, but I actually quite like it. The silk looks knotted well with no fraying or stretching, and it might look nice layered with other necklaces I have.

fullsizerender_1_11.jpg

Not a bad $5

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ooooooooooooooooooo Ckrickett! nice find !! $% lol That's a good buy ! Those little rosebuds or drusy pearls can have a nice luster to them ..I think all the little lumps and bumps catch the light ! Well done !!

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
My new everyday go to pearl earrings are a pair of what I call splatts. You know the shape you get when you squash a ball of blu -tac..?
So that's what I am wearing today

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
fullsizerender-51.jpg

Today is my Tornado!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Love this look!!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett - What a great find for $5! You've got a great eye!!! And I've missed your tornado too!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Fun ckrickett, lucky you. I don't know about rosebud pearls. Can you give me some information?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I love your torsade Ckrickett. I have a multicolour strand of rosebud pearls too, they are just adorable.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Lovinggems|1422404844|3822952 said:
I love your torsade Ckrickett. I have a multicolour strand of rosebud pearls too, they are just adorable.

Thank you! I love them too. I think they may be to small, and to short to wear often on their own, but I have played around with layering them with other strands and i love the look!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
fullsizerender-52.jpg

40" metallic lavender oval and red seed bead strand today. Nothing crazy fancy as today is packing and cleaning day for a weekend trip.

also, my phone pretty much washed out the whole necklace.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Grey Tahitians from American Pearl today (it's a casual day at the office as I don't have clients). I love these. They are a beautiful soft dove grey with a silvery tone to them.

I was wearing my gorgeous multicolour strand from Ashley at Pure Pearls yesterday along with some aubergine overtoned studs, but didn't have time to get a picture. Here's a picture from a few months ago:

The funny thing about this particular strand is that it looks dull and surprisingly uniform in colour in the box, and springs to life on the skin.

I was also admiring my PP strands from the Tahitian sale yesterday and thinking how lucky we all were to get such great finds.

neck_shot_38.jpg

earring_shot_small.jpg

neck_shot_39.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Ckrickett that's a very pretty necklace, I love the contrast with the red beads.

Cmd2014 I love that multicolour Tahitian strand! Looks beautiful on you, too.

Today, Tahitian pendant with little diamond.

_26445.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Oops, my apologies for the upside down photo.

img_6780.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tucs,

What great luster and colour on your pendant! So pretty!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks CMD!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Frost Me - RoseBud pearls have little bumps all over them

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ckrickett, your tornado is a favorite of mine!

Cmd, I admire your whole Tahitian collection but that multicolor from Pure Pearls is my favorite :love: :love: .

Tucs, lovely choice of pendant with that neckline! The pearl looks smooth and lustrous.

This is my 50" silver/blue Tahitian rope from PP, purchased a year ago. I doubled it and then twisted it. I'm trying to get the knack of doing a torsade.

silverbluetahitians2.jpg

silverbluetahitians1.jpg

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
great pearls ladies!

Here's my Friday look...sorry, but I can't figure out how to rotate the shot.

img_1518.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
That's wonderful, Pirard. I love gray and black pearls in the wintertime to dress up all my gray and black winter clothes.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
The colors really pop against grey and black...which I tend to wear often during the depths of winter! Thanks SU!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Pirard and Baby Nurse, those are gorgeous Tahitians!!!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Baby Nurse.

Beautiful Tahitians Baby nurse and Pirard! I love both looks, both very elegant.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
very pretty pearls everyone :clap:

where is bsomlo by the way ? I had not seen any post of hers in a while .

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett|1422551562|3823913 said:
fullsizerender-52.jpg

40" metallic lavender oval and red seed bead strand today. Nothing crazy fancy as today is packing and cleaning day for a weekend trip.

also, my phone pretty much washed out the whole necklace.
Love this look, btw...that strand looks fantastic against green.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jeweln|1423233125|3828272 said:

I think she's mainly been at the other pearl forum. There was apparently an interaction she had with the admin here that she found upsetting. So I think she and a number of the other regular posters have decided to put their energies elsewhere.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014
that is really sad to hear ! I hope she comes back .I really enjoy her enthusiasm for pearls . she and icy jade made this forum come alive when they joined .

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1423317305|3828705 said:

I think she's mainly been at the other pearl forum. There was apparently an interaction she had with the admin here that she found upsetting. So I think she and a number of the other regular posters have decided to put their energies elsewhere.

I remember reading about that. I felt bad for Bsolmo, her intentions were great and what they accused her of was pretty outlandish and rude IMHO.

I do love PS though and will remain here, but for more pearly stuff I have been migrating to the other forum as of late.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
ckrickett|1423321670|3828750 said:
cmd2014|1423317305|3828705 said:

I remember reading about that. I felt bad for Bsolmo, her intentions were great and what they accused her of was pretty outlandish and rude IMHO.

I do love PS though and will remain here, but for more pearly stuff I have been migrating to the other forum as of late.

To clarify, while we generally don't allow discussions of moderator actions on the forum, I want to be clear that we didn't accuse anyone of anything. We only told her we were no longer allowing the live video chats.

We did this in part because we received a number of reports, some from people in this thread, asking us to stop allowing the video chats as it made them uncomfortable. We also have been increasingly uncomfortable with them as they have evolved and now feel a bit more like sales videos for the companies, which we don't allow.

This is absolutely not the fault of the members doing these videos, but we did decide to stop allowing them and this made some members upset. It also made some relieved. Unfortunately we can't win with this as it will never make everyone happy but we tried to make the best decision for the forum and as such we felt these videos needed to stop. As I told Bsolmo, she is absolutely welcome to continue posting on the forums and is in no way limited from doing so.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ella,

Moderating sounds like a challenging task, and I'm glad that I am not the one tasked to do it! From what I hear, this has historically been especially true in this forum. I appreciate the clarification, as it was otherwise a bit of rumor and conjecture, and can appreciate why there had been a concern. I hope I didn't sound critical....I struggled with how to phrase what I knew about where everyone was so that others wouldn't be concerned about anyone's health or wellbeing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results