shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AMC - how are you doing today? Did the walking help? You're so close. I can't help but thinking baby might have arrived sooner than planned. . .

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loves Vintage|1422049850|3821055 said:
AMC - how are you doing today? Did the walking help? You're so close. I can't help but thinking baby might have arrived sooner than planned. . .

yes do keep us posted!!

adm- baby is "normal " sized. I dont think they anticipate a concern unless i go a few days + over.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Muff, your post made me lol. I had a similar issue on public transit in NYC. Most of the people who offered me a seat were women.
I literally had one man look me up & down (at 8.5 months) & go right back to his phone. :angryfire:

As for the sleep inducing powers of your belly, would you like to pay a visit to my little one? Pretty please? :???:

Thinking of the rest of you lovley ladies!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Still here! I thought last night was the night. I went to the bathroom and after had a contraction that was just constant. It seriously lasted over an hour. It was my whole belly, lower belly (like AF cramps), my back, and right in my butt. DH went off to work and I told him to make sure to have his phone on. I took my usual tylenol and unisom and ended up falling asleep. Ironically, it was one of the best nights of sleep I've had in weeks. This morning I woke up and things were back to normal. I'm trying to enjoy my last "free" day and also plan some fun stuff to do with B over the weekend.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1422054740|3821106 said:
Still here! I thought last night was the night. I went to the bathroom and after had a contraction that was just constant. It seriously lasted over an hour. It was my whole belly, lower belly (like AF cramps), my back, and right in my butt. DH went off to work and I told him to make sure to have his phone on. I took my usual tylenol and unisom and ended up falling asleep. Ironically, it was one of the best nights of sleep I've had in weeks. This morning I woke up and things were back to normal. I'm trying to enjoy my last "free" day and also plan some fun stuff to do with B over the weekend.
Amc, wishing you a smooth and uneventful delivery today! I'm excited that you get to meet your new family member! Update us when you can!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
He's here!

Tucker Jack, 9lbs2oz, 19.5" long. The ultrasound estimate was pretty much spot on! Looks nothing like B and is super chill. Already latching like a champ. The c-section was awesome and I'm so glad I went that route.

image-3810211975.jpg

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats AMC! He's a cutey pie! Good luck with everything!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1422304593|3822325 said:
He's here!

Tucker Jack, 9lbs2oz, 19.5" long. The ultrasound estimate was pretty much spot on! Looks nothing like B and is super chill. Already latching like a champ. The c-section was awesome and I'm so glad I went that route.
Congratulations! He's adorable! Enjoy your new family member!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I can't believe he is already here, AMC. That sure seemed to go fast, but probably not to you. A big congratulations to you and your family on an adorable new addition!!! So glad to hear everything is going smoothly so far!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's here!

Yay! Look at that chubby peanut!
I'm glad everything seems to have gone smoothly and I hope your recovery is quick.

Congrats!!!

April20

Ideal_Rock
AMC, he's adorable! Congrats!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMC|1422306160|3822340 said:
He's here!

Congratulations! He's adorable! Enjoy your new family member!

Smc, I was going go ask, have you discussed stretching your cervix with your doc? Mine wants to do it at my next appointment but I'm not sure I want to.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
39+6

Doc says I'm about 3.5 cm 50%

:blackeye:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1422329893|3822509 said:
Smc, I was going go ask, have you discussed stretching your cervix with your doc? Mine wants to do it at my next appointment but I'm not sure I want to.
Nope, she hasn't mentioned it yet. I might bring it up when I see her on Thursday. I went to see an acupuncturist over the weekend and she put some needles in me to "get my body ready for labor". Not sure if it was super helpful, but it was relaxing. Hopefully things start happening soon! I'm 39w3d now.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMC|1422381189|3822769 said:
Nope, she hasn't mentioned it yet. I might bring it up when I see her on Thursday. I went to see an acupuncturist over the weekend and she put some needles in me to "get my body ready for labor". Not sure if it was super helpful, but it was relaxing. Hopefully things start happening soon! I'm 39w3d now.
I guess you can stretch it and do something called a sweep? I don't know what a sweep is but that's suppose to help too.

I think my doctor tried to stretch it a little today but she talks like she doesn't think I'll have it this week. She scheduled me a UT to check fluids and a non stress test to see I'd I need to get induced soon, or I'd I can let him stay there a little longer.

My.fluid levels are high so she didn't think the fluid would be a problem. I guess I'm at 22 now and it would be an issue if it dropped to 5 (I don't know what units that's measured in) so assuming there isn't a problem with the baby in the NST I don't anticipate a problem with the test Friday.

My doctor is the doc on call all next week for the hospital So that would be nice

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1422381900|3822779 said:
I guess you can stretch it and do something called a sweep? I don't know what a sweep is but that's suppose to help too.

I think my doctor tried to stretch it a little today but she talks like she doesn't think I'll have it this week. She scheduled me a UT to check fluids and a non stress test to see I'd I need to get induced soon, or I'd I can let him stay there a little longer.

My.fluid levels are high so she didn't think the fluid would be a problem. I guess I'm at 22 now and it would be an issue if it dropped to 5 (I don't know what units that's measured in) so assuming there isn't a problem with the baby in the NST I don't anticipate a problem with the test Friday.

My doctor is the doc on call all next week for the hospital So that would be nice
I think a sweep separates the amniotic sac from the cervix, which may cause your cervix to ripen more. They can only do the sweep if your cervix is dilated enough to get to the sac. I think the stretch is done when your cervix isn't dilated enough to do a sweep. At my last appointment, my dr says they start discussing induction when I'm a week overdue (Feb 7), so I have a bit of time left. Baby is doing well, but will get more info at my next appointment on Thursday!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMC|1422382205|3822781 said:
Niel|1422381900|3822779 said:

I think a sweep separates the amniotic sac from the cervix, which may cause your cervix to ripen more. They can only do the sweep if your cervix is dilated enough to get to the sac. I think the stretch is done when your cervix isn't dilated enough to do a sweep. At my last appointment, my dr says they start discussing induction when I'm a week overdue (Feb 7), so I have a bit of time left. Baby is doing well, but will get more info at my next appointment on Thursday!
Have you been trying at home stuff?
Spicy foods? Sex? My doc said I should be standing a lot, try and get gravity to help. I work a desk job so that's easy enough, though having too much fluid I really don't want my water to break at work. :shifty:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1422386966|3822827 said:
Spicy foods? Sex? My doc said I should be standing a lot, try and get gravity to help. I work a desk job so that's easy enough, though having too much fluid I really don't want my water to break at work. :shifty:
Yeah, I've been trying all the at-home remedies, though none have really been proven to be effective. If my doctor can get to my membranes on Thursday, I'll ask her to do the sweep.

I'm working until Friday too!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMC|1422388949|3822842 said:
Yeah, I've been trying all the at-home remedies, though none have really been proven to be effective. If my doctor can get to my membranes on Thursday, I'll ask her to do the sweep.

Well keep trying. I feel bad for you as I know your super tired of being pregnant. I'm mostly just tired of the comments I'm getting, I can handle the cooking for a few more days, though.

Hopefully something works for you soon!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1422390145|3822850 said:

Well keep trying. I feel bad for you as I know your super tired of being pregnant. I'm mostly just tired of the comments I'm getting, I can handle the cooking for a few more days, though.

Thanks! Though I do want her to have a January birthday, I won't be too upset if she's late. I don't want to be induced though, and would rather her decide to come out on her own.

Are you working until you go into labor? Or are you stopping on your due date?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMC|1422401828|3822914 said:
Niel|1422390145|3822850 said:

Thanks! Though I do want her to have a January birthday, I won't be too upset if she's late. I don't want to be induced though, and would rather her decide to come out on her own.

Are you working until you go into labor? Or are you stopping on your due date?

My induction was terrible, so I don't want it either :/

Because of all the FMLA I had to use for my bedrest I have to work until he's out.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1422469420|3823293 said:
SMC|1422465743|3823271 said:
Niel|1422404052|3822938 said:

Because of all the FMLA I had to use for my bedrest I have to work until he's out.
Niel, I saw this and thought of you: http://amessagewithabottle.com/2015/01/27/baby-naming-company/
;-)

Ugh I saw this on the news. We should get into this business. I'll fall asleep on the keyboard and only charge $12 for the resulting "name"
Niel, is today your due date? Any progress? I'm seeing the dr in a few hours, hopefully she will have good news for me!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMC|1422554686|3823946 said:
Niel|1422469420|3823293 said:
SMC|1422465743|3823271 said:
Niel|1422404052|3822938 said:

Niel, I saw this and thought of you: http://amessagewithabottle.com/2015/01/27/baby-naming-company/
;-)

Ugh I saw this on the news. We should get into this business. I'll fall asleep on the keyboard and only charge $12 for the resulting "name"
Niel, is today your due date? Any progress? I'm seeing the dr in a few hours, hopefully she will have good news for me!

Yes today is my dd. No discernable changes. UT tomorrow and NST tomorrow.

Hope they can do some stretch for you.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1422557330|3823968 said:

Have made some positive progress. 1-2cm dilated, 80% effaced. Dr was able to sweep my membranes too! If it works, I should be in labor within 24-48 hours. I've read that it's not very effective at inducing labor, but it's better than doing nothing.

Fingers crossed! 39w5d.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMC|1422563380|3824045 said:
Niel|1422557330|3823968 said:

Have made some positive progress. 1-2cm dilated, 80% effaced. Dr was able to sweep my membranes too! If it works, I should be in labor within 24-48 hours. I've read that it's not very effective at inducing labor, but it's better than doing nothing.

Fingers crossed! 39w5d.

Yay!
Do some brisk walking or something! Fingers crosses for you

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if anyone is reading now as were all at the end of our marathon, but I just have to vent.

My sister today (my due date) put on her Facebook: "[my husband] said when he hears someone is pregnant, instead of " congrats" I think "I'm sorry"..."

And then of course like 5 friends of hers were like "yeah sorry bastards" and "I agree!"

And whatever I get its a joke, and she didn't say it herself, but like, keep that to yourself. Now when I have a baby (in a f'ing day!) And her husband says congratulations... I'll be like, uh huh... Or my sister says that and I get to essentially listen to people talk about how "stupid" having kids is. Its like, I saw her today, I told her how I'm all like, over it, and over emotional and can't handle this sh!t people are saying anymore. Then boom, shes making fun of pregnant ladies.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1422583498|3824174 said:
I don't know if anyone is reading now as were all at the end of our marathon, but I just have to vent.

My sister today (my due date) put on her Facebook: "[my husband] said when he hears someone is pregnant, instead of " congrats" I think "I'm sorry"..."

And then of course like 5 friends of hers were like "yeah sorry bastards" and "I agree!"

And whatever I get its a joke, and she didn't say it herself, but like, keep that to yourself. Now when I have a baby (in a f'ing day!) And her husband says congratulations... I'll be like, uh huh... Or my sister says that and I get to essentially listen to people talk about how "stupid" having kids is. Its like, I saw her today, I told her how I'm all like, over it, and over emotional and can't handle this sh!t people are saying anymore. Then boom, shes making fun of pregnant ladies.
Well, I'm sitting here still pregnant with no real contractions. It's pretty safe to say that I will probably go over my due date (tmw). Oh well.

Niel, sorry your sister is being annoying. People obviously don't think before they speak. One of my friends told me (while I was pregnant) that she'd much rather travel the world than have babies and she would hate being tied down with a child.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys! Tucker is 6 days old now. I originally reported he was 19.5" but my husband thought they shorted him a bit. He was re measured at his doc appt on friday and he's actually 21.5". Oops.

Things are going well. Going from 1 to 2 is definitely more than twice the work. B is doing fairly well with T. He wants to be helpful but also doesn't want a whole lot to do with him.

Recovery is also doing well. Having had a vaginal birth and now a CS, I can definitely say I preferred the cs. The recovery has been longer and more painful, but I didn't feel like such a complete mess on the first days after the birth. I remember with B being so drained that I didn't have the energy or desire to care for a new born. I think that made it much harder for me to bond with him early on. This time, I had a baby with zero effort on my part, so when he was here it was a completely different feeling.

T is sleeping pretty well. He does at least 3 hour stretches at night, which is far better than B ever did at this stage.

I'm hoping you ladies join me soon! I can't even express how happy i am to not be pregnant anymore.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results