clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1422080729|3821284 said:
marcy|1422070776|3821223 said:
LLJsmom|1422059992|3821150 said:
Can I ask what you guys do when there is a thread where someone is being just so mean, and then in the process of insulting a specific person she ends up insulting a whole class of people? I want to say something but that thread has been derailed enough. I'm talking about thread DSS thread in Rocky Talky. Do you guys respond, and if either yes or no, why? Sometimes part of me feels that not responding is the same as condoning. But then I feel like with the person involved it would not make a difference. She does not seem to be a person who would be open to seeing another person's perspective anyway. Or is that being unfair? And another part of me doesn't want to get dragged into the vitriol, as she seems to enjoy being malicious, and that would just fan the flames.

I just saw this; I thought I offended you earlier when I mentioned drool about SDL ring. :appl:
Lol!! Boy I must have been in a bad spot not to have seen that. Of course we drool over a keyboard. We are PSERS after all. Marcy, :) I didn't even notice your comment. Callie is right. Nothing to do with you at all. Sorry. Just a bad coincidence. Hugs Marcy.

I figured it out later but when I first read your post I'm like holy crap I used the word drool. What did I say? :lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I am so glad you got the gist of my post, sometimes I have trouble expressing my thoughts lol - I want to be encouraging about your returning to work and I have faith in your abilities, but at the same time I also feel that it's ok if you give it a try and it turns out you're not happy with how it's going and decide to give notice - you have to do what's best for you! Just wanted to let you know I will be supportive of whatever you decide to do.

Ovi, don't feel badly! This thread moves very quickly, and I feel I miss things too, but it's clear you are so kind and compassionate so no worries! Hugs, sorry you aren't feeling well, hope the day gets better for you!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy and all, you are the best.

"Expectations are disappointments in the making." This is what Bob tells me when I get disappointed about something or someone.

I would actually give my parents a relationship with me IF they would stop the abusive and controlling behavior. They won't stop. They refuse. I get the feeling that if they pulled back on it now, they feel they would be admitting to past behavior/actions being wrong too. They feel they have successfully created an image of them being ideal parents and anything contrary to that receives real rage and lies from my mom and my father just walks away.

The real deal killer that came up the past year was over my mom wanting me to be their administrative slave and handle all bills, financial scut work, etc. My parents are dishonest, particularly when it comes to money. They lie to each other, they've lied to me when we had the discussion about their finances/very elderly years. (My friend tells me almost all old people lie to their kids about the money, about their health, they don't like disclosing that kind of info in the first place so they mitigate the bad news or stupid decisions by lying about them.) They have lied to relatives and friends about the money---they either have LOTS or they have NOTHING. Where I'm very, very afraid of them is that they will tell caregivers at their CCRC or their friends there that the reason they can't travel or do and buy certain things is because Bob and I have helped ourselves to their money. (The last time my parents 'gave' me money was when I was in college, they paid for my books 2 semesters, other than that I had a presidential scholarship and everything was paid for). If they do this, and the chances are high, the County will come after Bob and me and we would have to prove we did NOT take money. The best thing is for me not to be involved in any way/shape/form with their money. I advised my mom to hire a fiduciary to handle it, that way my mom can give orders and have everything HER way all the time. They will have to pay a monthly charge depending on how complicated my mom makes the monthly bill paying. I've tried to explain that automatic bill paying can be set up for the bills they do have, but she won't consider it. She wouldn't consider letting me handle their bills and deposits on line (@%^#&). Back when I was considering helping them with this, anytime I discussed it with my mom, she would go into a rage. The last one was in front of Bob, who had never seen an adult act like that before. It was an eye opener, seeing her behavior through someone else's eyes.

I took my mom and dad out to lunch in July and my mom dragged up some old baggage and then had a full on rage in the restaurant. I got up and headed for the door (had alraedy paid thank god) and they were right behind me, my mom screaming that I was crazy, I was stupid, a liar, etc etc.

When I was opening the car door for her, she got really close in to my face and said "If we were so bad, why are you still here?!" in a triumphal tone of voice.

my response was that I'm a decent person, I've always been the one to suffer in the relationship, and that I was through doing that.

I took them home, my mom demanded that I hug her, and they marched into their building.

That was the last time I saw them. I called my father the next morning when I knew my mom would be in the shower. I told him that mom said he was giving money to people---money they need and will need soon. I asked him if that was true (my mom is a liar and she very well may have been trying to push my buttons with this). He said no, it wasn't, he hadn't seen those people in 20 years! I said, Dad, you saw X and Y last summer. He then concluded our call.

This is a fraction of my parents through the decades. I just can't do it anymore and Bob won't stand for it. So they are blocked on our phone, they don't email anymore, and I would be surprised if they showed up here (they don't go anywhere they won't be received like royalty, LOL).

The ensuing months have been peaceful. Thanksgiving and Christmas were tension and rage free and Bob and I did what we wanted when we wanted to do it! He won't go back to the old days of my parents causing havoc and chaos and unhappiness. He's through seeing me treated like some kind of hated slave by them and if they show up here, he's going to say what he's wanted to say for 20 years.

So I'm adjusting to having them out of our lives. I can't lie to myself about them any more.

WHEW! if you're still reading I'm sorry I banged on so long!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ladies,

Thanks Callie. I was sure wondering at first trying to remember what the heck I said when I used that word. Are you getting snow? It's in the 40's here but windy.

Junebug, rats that you didn’t find anything you wanted at Ruby Lane and missed out on the one you were interested in. I agree about the importance of laughing being a good thing for a relationship. Life is too short to not enjoy yourself. Snoopy is certainly the best cartoon character (IMO). I hope you slept well.

LLJsmom, I hate those threads where the fights and snarky comments take over. I’ll try not to start any more trouble here. :bigsmile:

Ovi, I am glad my rabbits gave you a good laugh. Monty Python is a great name for a kitty. That’s wonderful the piece you let your jeweler make for you turned out to be something you really like. I hate to hear you are sick. I hope you feel better soon. Rest up and snuggle with Sapphie this weekend.

Missy, I like what you said to Kristie. I think that is smart advice for all of us. I don’t think there is anything wrong with being an eternal optimist. I guess I mostly would rather be disappointed in the end than assume the worst up front. Yes, Marty will be home a week from today. Sweet. I should try and get the bears and rabbits to do my chores for me. That would be great. You kitties obviously do their jobs well, lying around looking pretty. Are you getting snow yet? An iPhone is basically a tiny iPad. Come to the dark side, we serve cookies. :lol:

Kristie, my heart goes out to you for the heartache you feel because of your parents. I think what Missy said was great so I just want to add a big hug to you and let you know we are here for you.

I guess I am not going shopping today. My friend has a case of the Morning after too many drinks flu. It’s windy as crud out today too. I need milk or I’d stay home. Maybe I’ll get something through a drive up for lunch that has milk. Good plan! I want to go take pictures of furniture though.

It’s probably a good thing I am not going shopping. I was going to look at upgrading a diamond today at Jareds. I have a ½ ct heart diamond RHR from them and was going to look at .75 to 1 carat oval for it. I also have a ¼ ct ideal cut pendant from them. It’s some off brand certified diamond and I compared it to my ACA studs last night and it was like “Ewe”.

Have a great day!
Marcy

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went back in to try to edit out most of my above post, sorry to have blurted all that out here. Just carry on and ignore my lapse please!!

:oops: :roll:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, please don't feel like u need to edit yourself. It's funny that you went off cause when Callie texted me last night I kinda went off. Seriously, I don't know what set me off, just stuff that happened during the day. One little thing, a negative , malicious spirit that I allowed to make me feel negative too. I'm kinda late catching on but I am just starting to see how people, especially family members, who are critical, pessimistic and negative can have a very detrimental effect on not only my mental state but my physical state too. I grew up with a very negative and pessimistic family, a large part due to their general state of poverty I think. I thought that was how all families were. Turns out not so. My husband's family is generally very positive. Anyway I now understand why it is important for me not to be around these people if they are detrimental to my mental and physical health.

So Kristie, I can't imagine how hard it has been for you given that it is your parents who are treating you this way. I am so sorry. I am so glad that you have found a way to manage the relationship, even if you need to distance yourself from them. I am so glad you are taking care of yourself and Bob first.

You are a very strong woman to have survived with your mental and physical self intact. Keep on going, like Churchill said. ;-). (((Hug)))

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls, Boy this thread is moving so quickly!

Kristie, I am so sorry. It sounds like you have been through so much where your parents are concerned. Missy put everything into words perfectly in her response. I'm sorry I am so awful with words, but please know I am here to offer any support I can to you. I can hear in your post that all of this is breaking your heart. The only thing I can offer is you need to do what is best for you. My parents, well actually my side of the family, can be incredibly selfish. I tended to expect them to act the same way I would in a situation and like Greg has told Missy, I needed to lower my expectations. My husband has told me this too for 20 years. It sounds as though you also go out of your way for people. I probably put up with a lot more than I should but at the end of the day I have found that I feel better about myself if I help when they need it and if I do go out of my way. I admit whole heartedly that I get taken advantage of a lot but at the end of the day I like the person I am and when I act like they do I feel awful about myself. I sounds like you really want a realationship with your parents. Can you set boundries where you see them but protect yourself? I had to come to the realization that they are who they are. They are not going to change especially as they get older. At the end of the day please do what will make you feel best. You do so much to make everyone here feel better. I wish there was some way I could help you. You are such a kind and warm hearted person. Please don't let them make you doubt yourself. Unfortunately family has a way of hurting us intentionally or unintentionally deeper than others in our life.

Missy, I'm sorry you are getting hit with a snow storm. I know you were looking forward to shopping today. Are you looking for any thing in particular? Work clothes? We are supposed to be getting a storm late tonight and tomorrow. Thank you for always giving the best advice. You and Kristie are experts at putting your thoughts on paper. I hope you know how much both of you are loved here!

OV, I'm sorry you are sick. You have been under so much stress that it probably has your resistance down. Cuddling with Sapphie sounds like what the perfect way to spend the day. What would we do without our animals? They provide so much comfort. I hope the coming week is better for you. You are so much stronger than you realize.

LLJsmom, Thank you so much for the offer to look at stones. The jeweler will be going to a huge gem show in Vegas in a few months and will see what they have. The reason I was thinking of using him for this project is I have a large credit with him that would basically cover the cost of the ring. I first need to decide if I want to move forward with this ring or continue saving for an old cut diamond. I have loved the ruby and diamond ring from the first time I saw the picture on Pricescope. I swear I am the most indecisive person on the planet. How on earth did you make your mind up on your setting so quickly? Thank you for last night. My husband wasn't home and I loved talking to you.

Marcy, I'm sorry your plans for today fell through. If the weather isn't good it's probably better you stayed home. When did you decide to upgrade your pendant? It's always fun looking at diamonds.

Junebug, Do you have any plans for the weekend? Is your husband excited about going to the Super Bowl?

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow, wow, Kristie, this really rings a bell, I did not know about this. Can I say something? R-U-N. I know they are your parents but listen this was what I realized about my husband and his family. They are a mess of crazy people and they all lie to each other and everyone else in the world, they have perfected this skill. They lie the most about money. They have all stolen from each other, actually large sums of money and it took me a while to figure this situation out, even they cannot figure it out who took what from whom and so on. My husband constantly lied to me even with evidence to the contrary in my hands.

I tell you there are five things I will not tolerate in a human being: Cheating, lying, stealing, aggression and disrespect the last two often being the same. I despise people like this. I think the worst kinds are the dishonest liars and thieves. My husband was that on top of many other things and his whole family was that. Strangely the only value he learnt as a kid was that money mattered and to him it mattered more than anything else in the world and as a result he took it from everyone, his friends, me, my family, his family and never gave it back, he ended up wasting it all and being horribly in debt, if he did not get money he took out a knife that he will kill himself. He turned really crazy and aggressive when I was putting money into my business and not giving it all to him, thank my somewhat experienced self and a bit of brains I still had left that I did this. What would I do otherwise now? He would do anything for money, be abusive too. These are also the type of people that end up with no money and on the streets which is exactly where he is now.

But I have to say I sweated blood working at law firms sometimes 18-20 hours a day seven days a week working for this money and my parents, well, my father has money but it was my mom's lifesavings that they contributed to my company and it was their wish that I had to honor. That said I was regularly giving at least 1000 Euros to help my husband and that was not enough to him, why? Because he is so messed up that he kept causing trouble, collecting more and more debts and lied about it, did not handle it and was getting regular penalties of monthy 1000 or so and this was a never ending story. That by itself should have been enough but I was still there for him. When he turned on me that was the end of it. Fortunately, everything is on paper, documented in the form of loans, contributions, etc. and I am safe financially.

If I once become free and I cannot wait to get on that road of freedom and healing, I will be able to focus on what I truly love, the profession I chose later in my life that used to be my hobby.

Ok, this should not have been about me and it is not but I relate to this Kristie more than you think and I think one day maybe another person will benefit from what I have said here.

I am very sorry Kristie as this is really hard. I wrote to you earlier today and hope you got my email, just a short one and will respond to everything. Kristie, I am so glad that you have been able to find peace and happiness with Bob now, sometimes we have family members who are very damaging to us and we need a break from. We have had to do that with my sister, my mom and I I mean. Yes, she was a sick child but that does not justify everything.

There is no need to edit, sometimes we get scared after we post something here, I know that we, the people who are here will not judge and we are genuinely there for each other, I am sure about that.

Junebug, how are you? Eternal optimist, I like that, I have always been that way no matter what life threw at me, internal strength and enjoying small things, even when you feel that x is wrong but there is no a, b or c that could make you happy at the moment there are the small pleasures in life like my morning coffee, putting on a nice dress and makeup to go to work or go to the salon and most importantly the people, the genuine ones, the ones I call my friends that are true friends whom we are always there with each other for and I count you Girls as part of that group.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, I just saw that you tried to edit yourself. Plese don't feel bad about saying how you feel. If you feel more comfortable we can always email a group letter so its not on the internet.

I just posted and am now thinking I may have given you terrible advice. At the end of the day, please do what ever works best for you and Bob. We all care about you so much and want you to be happy. You are loved here Kristie!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow, Marcy let us know what you end up with. Ovals, my fave stone is a just over one ct oval. Normally I have a soft spot for pears and cushions but my oval was put in that piece that I never meant to keep and because it was my best stone and also with a very adventurous story, it has my heart now fully.

Well, this is where trust plays an important role too, I had to admit that my jeweler has 50 years experience and I may design but I am still a student, I am best letting his imagination be free and that is when he comes up with ideas I never thought of, he is now making something for me on his own that I never asked for because I liked two designs he made for me, one I gave to my mom and he is now making the second one.:))) He is too nice a person. I always want to do something for him but he always wants to do something for me. I have no idea what I would do without him. He is not only a genius but a grand person, I am so scared what happens if one day something happens to him as he is not young. The beginning of this century he would have been Faberge, he is that good and that motivated. I love spending time there and watching him work and help with what I can and learned so much from him. When I met him 2 and a half years ago during my darkest times in the hospital, it was such an unexpected and life changing meeting, I knew I wanted to learn from him, over time it has becomes a relationship that is mutually beneficial to us. That I never thought of at the time either, that one day I can give back to him. Life sometimes moves fast like this thread and in unexpected ways.

Callie, how are you? I missed your post too, wow, really it is tough to follow this thread. I remember having written to you as well this morning.
LLJsmom hope you are well, you know how highly I think of you. You amazed me with your kindness, really you Girls surprise me every single day with something but I never expected your act of kindness. Thanks for being there.

Lots of love and hugs to everyone, stay warm.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey girls, just checking in on you in the middle of a cold and snowy/icy afternoon. We decided to stay in and just relax...well I am relaxing right now and Greg is fixing my bathroom vanity because the paint is peeling. But I did a nice long workout and now am sitting down to see how you girls are doing.

Kristie!!! Please do not feel like you have to censor yourself in anyway with us. You know we are here for you and want you to vent/say/share anything with us that makes you feel better. We all have crap in our lives. Who doesn't? No one's life is perfect but it's what you make of it and girl, you have certainly made lemonade out of a bunch of sour old lemons!!! Good for you in putting up those limits. No one should have to deal with abuse like that but especially after you have done so much for them and given so much of yourself to them. I am glad you are done because there is a limit and good for you knowing it.

I am so sorry they keep disappointing you. Parents are a primal need almost but not only have you survived despite them you have thrived despite them and as I wrote many pages back maybe because of them. Maybe having parents like your mom and dad gave you the skills necessary to be strong and capable and amazing that you might not otherwise have needed to get if that makes sense. Survival and the fittest, necessity is the mother of invention and all that jazz...(((HUGS))).

Anyway to cheer yourself up just think about how lovely your weather is and how lucky you are not to be where we are at this minute. Brrrr cold and icy.

Junebug, not only did I understand exactly what you meant I so appreciated you writing that. I think that is one of my biggest worries. That I will disappoint those I love. I know Greg doesn't think I will have any problems returning but I truly know that is a real possibility and it would make me feel so much better if he didn't have all this confidence in me because if I cannot handle it I know he will be disappointed. But I also know as I wrote before I will not beat myself up about it. With all that has gone down these last 12 plus months I refuse to be stressed about things I cannot control. And I will just do the best I can and not feel badly about myself no matter the outcome. Thank you for getting that and supporting me so generously and warmly. You are such a huge comfort to me and I know that you are a huge source of comfort to your family too. They are so lucky to have you on their side and so am I.

I hope you are having fun today and staying warm. Did you get much snow by you?

Marcy, yes we have snow and it's sort of nice just to be inside cozy and warm and just relaxing with my music and my iPad. I LOVE my iPad. LOL why did I wait so long. I made a workout play list and I love bluetooth. Right from my iPad to my stereo in the workout room and any stereo speakers in the whole house. Loving it. Nothing better than some good music picked by moi while working out yanno? And I must stay away from the dark side LOL. I still have another year on my Samsung phone! Oh but I do love those cookies. :lickout: You are evil sometimes do you know that haha. :devil:

How is your day going? Did you get that milk? And are you planning on taking pictures of furniture for Marty today? Please be careful if you are driving and the roads are icy. That black ice is dangerous. I almost tripped (yeah I know that would have been exactly what I needed :roll: ) walking to PT Monday. You just cannot see that ice no way no how.

Unfortunately cannot compare your ACA's to most diamonds out there. But upgrading is always good. :halo:

LLJsmom, I saw the posts/thread you were venting about and I totally agree. She is a piece of work. I am not going to give her the satisfaction of replying to her very insensitive comments and I hope you feel better about the situation. I think it is best to ignore her and let that die however would chime in there if you wanted me to. Just say the word and I will be all over her like a fly on sticky paper.

I agree with you about negative energy people. They bring you down. I know I feel so much better when I am around people who have positive energy regardless of if they are in a good mood or not. Positive people can vent and feel down but it is very different compared to people who are just mean and negative without anything good to say about anybody/anything ever. We know the difference. We cannot pick our family but we certainly can control the way we react to them and also control how much time we spend around them. And that's what friends are for anyway. Our friends we do choose and that makes them even more special. Uh oh there's that word again LOL.

Did you/are you running today? And did you end up getting your son new sneakers the other day?

ETA: this thread does move fast LOL.

Callie, how is your day going? That's OK about the snow. We are going to try tomorrow. I am hoping to get some skin cream samples i.e. La Mer mainly based on the strong recs of Ovi and Ame.

Ovi, How are you feeling now? One day you will look back and this will all be a distant bad memory. I promise you. (((Hugs))).

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, I can see it now. You are on the fast track for becoming an iPad addict! It sounds like you are enjoying your day even if you couldn't get out and go shopping.

I'm home this afternoon. My husband is at a sporting convention downtown this weekend. I was going to go downtown this afternoon so we could have dinner and I could shop tomorrow. He called an hour ago and said he is going to come home. I was so glad. I just wasn't in the mood to go downtown today and didn't want to bring the dog to daycare overnight. We are going to get a snow storm tonight. I ended up buying two dresses and a coat this week. I'm good and knew I would end up buying more if I went downtown.

This thread has been moving crazy fast today!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you, all of you, for saving the day for me. You're all so kind and generous and just FABl! I threw on a new outfit and Bob took me over to D'Vine and I had a lovely lunch with Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay and chocolate mousse toffee cake for dessert :D

D'Vine is organizing a trip to Santa Barbara for wine tasting/cellar stocking and golfing or shopping. I wish you were all here so we could all go!!!!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have two words for Marcy, Callie and probably Ovi and Missy today: Studded tires!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1422133725|3821514 said:
I have two words for Marcy, Callie and probably Ovi and Missy today: Studded tires!

Too funny Kristie. Your afternoon sounds wonderful! I'm so glad you are off having a great time with Bob today.

I'm sure the new outfit looks fabulous on that new body of yours!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow, have fun Kristie, good for you, wearing your new outfit and going out!

Missy and whoever has seen it, which is the thread you girls are talking about? I would like to read it but it may take me till the morning to find it not knowing what is the title.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, you are certainly between a rock and a hard place with your parents. I personally wouldn’t even consider handling their money and bills based on the way they act. My parents forgot a lot of things and got things mixed up so I think that’s kind of natural as people age. However, it sounds like your parents aren’t suffering memory losses but have some real anger and truth issues. I like Bob’s saying about expectations. Your parents have given you a lot of grief over the years and I think you are wise to just stay away from them. I am sure having a tension free Thanksgiving and Christmas was a wonderful relief for you. I think family is important but your parents have made it impossible for you to have them in your life and keep your sanity. I am sure it was a tough call to make but I would do the same thing you are doing in your circumstances. Definitely do what’s best for you and Bob. Hugs to you! If and when you decide to see them again I would approach it with some boundaries. Most important is to take care of yourself and do what is best for you. LOL studded tires. Mmm Chardonnay and chocolate mousse.

LLJsmom, it is kind of an eye opener when it becomes obvious what negativity can do to us. I often don’t think people even see how negative or toxic they can be. I am glad your husband’s family is a positive group to be around.

Callie, I completely understand doing things for your family even though you know they are taking advantage of you. That is the way I am too; I’d rather do things that I am comfortable with than feel bad later. Like you said we always have to decide what we are comfortable with doing and set boundaries. I have a negative, bitter sister and there are times she’s a real peach. The storm headed your way snowed on Colorado but it missed us. Stay safe and warm. That’s great you have credit with the jeweler; that’s always fun to have something already paid for when you are shopping.

Ovi, I am glad you are getting away from your husband and his family. I am with you on not tolerating lying, cheating, stealing and disrespect. That is good you have all the loans and contributions on paper and are safe financially. I am glad you are taking those steps on your road to freedom and healing. I didn’t end up going shopping; my girl friend had the wine-martini flu. I did look at a local jeweler but didn’t buy anything. I really think I’d like an oval though. I am glad you really like yours. How exciting your jeweler is making something for you. Cool!

Missy, you are living the dream today. Staying in from the storm and playing your favorite music off your new iPad through your surround sound. Life is good. Yes, I know I’m evil; I have a very obnoxious streak in me. I am having a good day too, thanks. It’s actually about 50 degrees here today so it’s not icy. Aak that you walked on black ice this week. I am glad you are okay. On my way to get gas, milk and the furniture store I wandered around a jewelry store and then stopped and ate lunch. I did finally get my car fueled up and took a teddy bear to the furniture store to take pictures of all the Flexsteel leather recliner furniture. “Carl” is in every picture. The lady at the jewelry store was amused. Now I am watching that movie about Johnny Cash and June Carter.

Yes, this thread is hard to keep up with! Yay!

Have a great day.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Carl like this set.

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1422138818.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Callie, sounds like you have some pretty new clothing and I know you can never have too many coats living where you do lol. Did you guys get snow overnight? Glad Jeff came home early and you got to spend a cozy evening together at home.

Kristie, D'Vine sounds divine. :bigsmile: I am happy you had a lovely afternoon with Bob. Chocolate mousse toffee cake OMG. That sounds DIVINE. :lickout:

Marcy, Hahaha "Carl" looks very comfortable and quite at home on that particular set. Is that the one you are purchasing? Nice. I am sure your dh will enjoy it and are those cup holders I see on the seat? Sweet. Don't I wish I could have seen the faces of the salespeople in the store as you posed "Carl" and snapped the pictures. LOL priceless. If only I could figure out a way to get Francesca out and about because she is very photogenic just like "Carl". However she is not as compliant. Go figure. :cheeky:

Enjoy your 50 degree weather! Perfect weather for January IMO. :appl:

Ovi, how is your cold/sore throat this morning? I hope you are feeling better and that Sapphie is also doing well. Hope you had a good night and enjoy your Sunday!

LLJsmom, Junebug, have a good rest of the weekend! :wavey:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Missy,

Good morning to you too! Here to join you for our morning coffee.:)))

Well, nothing really for me today. I mean when I am not working, I am pretty much locked in where I live in the middle of nowhere. These last three days have been like that but I did not really feel like doing anything either. Not much to do around here even in town unless I go to the salon but my hairdresser is on vacation and could not go get other stuff done either. So, next week I will do that. Tomorrow I am going to work in Vienna though and I cannot wait, I just hope that until then my ex leaves me alone, of course one can only wish. Really nothing special happening here today. Last night it snowed and it was stormy, extremely windy but today it is a bit milder. We are supposed to get colder weather once again though.

We would love to see those photos of Francesca, tell me about cats not complying. Sapphie is ok but I really do not like the way she looks and her fur. What can I do? I can only watch and see how things develop with her. I am trying my best to comfort her after losing her buddies.

So, no shopping for you today? Just a quiet day with Greg? That sounds great too honestly. Hugs to you all.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning Ovi, I have been in the house for 6 days straight now without going outside at all LOL. I can see how easy it would be to become a shut in truthfully. It's cold outside and since my skin is so sensitive to the cold and the wind I just prefer staying in most of the time. And I don't have to care about how my face looks since I am not facing the public. Greg loves me no matter how I look fortunately!

We are however planning on going out today. I am going to see if I can get samples of those La Mer recommendations you and ame made to me. Not sure if they give out samples but I am going to try to get samples of the soft cream and cleansing gel. Let me know if there is any other product you think I should try.

What is wrong with Sapphie's hair do you think? Is she grooming herself or has she stopped? Is she eating still? I am sure she feels the loss of her companions and is mourning them so perhaps that can explain some of her change in behavior. I hope she is doing OK and I am sending her lots of healing vibes of course.

I am glad you will be getting to Vienna next week and just take it easy and relax today. You have been through so much emotional turmoil and that takes its toll on the body yanno? Is your cold/sore throat feeling better this morning?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL adding 2 funny (and older) pics of dear Francesca because she wanted to say hey to Sapphie. :wavey:

the_beautiful_0.jpg

_26389.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lol, those pix were SO funny and she is so adorable! Thanks for saying hi to Sapphie. Not sure what is wrong with her fur, you know how when cats are not feeling the best they get poofy, she was and now her fur separates and is greasy, hoping nothing majorly wrong, she is still getting her treatment for the urinary problem.

I am so happy that you get to go out with Greg. I think it is a little different when you have someone that loves you around, then I do not mind not getting out so much either. I am just used to living a faster paced life in the capital where I could get out in a moment if I wanted to, I miss that but we will see where I will eventually end up. No one knows yet, for now I just have to get through this current situation.

I was firm with ex who again wanted to come and take me out to dinner tonight, I told him no very firmly.

Ah, sorry as to the La Mer, the cleansing gel and soft cream are great choices in my opinion, I prefer using the soft cream with the regenerating serum as I think they work best together. I also love the eye concentrate but you could just try the first two and see or whatever they have samples of. Well, try convincing them and show them your skin that you want to buy this brand but must try it first, it has been really recommended to you but you have severe allergies and definitely will buy if they do not cause a reaction. If your skin is already very reactive, it may take a few days for it to truly work but generally they have larger samples. Over here they are not very good at handing out samples when you are not buying anything but I think the US is better that way, at least it used to be when I lived there. I think you are so sweet that they will but let us know.

I cannot wait to hear what you end up with today, I hope you find something fun and beautiful for you and/or Greg but no matter nice to hear you will have a great day out and about.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ovi, it could be that Sapphie is not grooming herself as much since she is sad about losing her beloved companions. And perhaps the UTI meds are having an effect on her hair as well. Sometimes certain meds cause my hair to look flat and lifeless so stands to reason they can have that effect on kitties too. In any case I hope she perks up and starts feeling all better very soon!

Yes you are so right. The fact that I have company definitely makes it a different story when I am home even if it is only at the end of the workday. Oh dear Ovi, I wish I could keep you company in person but I am here for you anyway I can be. As I wrote before this time shall be a distant memory soon enough and thank goodness you have the strength and conviction to say NO to your EX. Keep hanging tough about that. (((Hugs))).

Have you checked out the Netflix thread? There are some good recommendations there for viewing that perhaps can get your mind off things. Greg and I watched some time back now a series on Netflix called "Surface". It was very entertaining IMO. If you want a rec for an excellent (but heavy) movie I wholeheartedly recommend "Incendies" (Netflix) if you have not yet seen it. Moving, disturbing, excellent.

Thank you for the La Mer suggestions. We will see if I can get samples. Sometimes they don't have any to give no matter how kind the salesperson might be so then that's that but I am giving it a try. I am not willing to spend a few hundred yet on this product until I try it. I do not want to go through the hassle of a return. Fingers crossed.

Hope you have a good day and I will check back with you later dear Ovi. (((Hugs))).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday!

Missy, it looks like you guys are going to get smacked with snow today. Stay safe and warm! The pictures of Francesca are so cute and funny. She looks like she has a lot of personality. Marty wants to wait until he gets home to decide what furniture he wants. He apparently wants a weight set and recumbent bike first. We’ll see what happens there. Maybe I should take Carl out to pose with some of the exercise equipment. Weird Francesca isn’t as cooperative as Carl posing for pictures. :lol:

Ovi, you sound excited to go to Vienna. I hope you have a good day at work. Hugs to Sapphie. I hope your snow melts fast even though it’s going to be cold. We are having an abnormally warm spell for January here. Good for you telling the ex you won’t meet him for dinner. I’d stay as far away from him as I can. Have a good evening and enjoy Vienna. Sleep well and take care of yourself!

I talked to Marty this morning on FaceTime. They were going to eat at a Hard Rock café tonight. Too funny. I guess every Friday is McDonalds day. He says it is the same awful food you get in the states.

Marty told me to get the bears off his couch again (since I kept putting some of them on screen while we were talking) so naturally I rounded all the “kids” up again and took a picture with the 2 I forgot the other day. I’ll get them off the couch before Marty gets home because I can see him just using his long old arms and sweeping them off on the floor or just plopping down on top of them.

Off to fix lunch. I’m hungry!

Marcy

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning everybody :wavey:

Missy,Nordies will give you la mer samples---they gave them to me and I'm not a big consumer of make up there.

Francesca, what a ham!!!!

Marcy, Carl looked pretty comfy on that sofa! He doesn't want you to buy a white sofa cause you might not see him on it and sit on him! Also, it'd be too easy for the Killer Bunnies to get the drop on him!!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
How are you Kristie? Have you had a fun weekend? Yesterday sounded great. I have not heard from you in days so I thought I would check in here with you too but I bet things have been crazy busy and good, I am so happy for you! Tucson is waiting for you pretty soon!

Marcy, I am so glad that you got to talk to Marty and he will be home before you know it! You must be excited but it must be hard to be without him for so long though you are probably used to it by now, still getting excited for you. Thanks for thinking of me.

Yeah, I think they should have samples, over here both in Hungary and in Vienna they always have tons of samples, it is just that they are not always so willing to hand them out because they like to take them home themselves and of course they do not always have everything.

Today I was sort of down but now getting ready for tomorrow, washed my hair, doing beauty stuff. The only thing I dislike about work is the long commute and getting up early, I am not such an early riser though I do not mind it three times a week.

Hope you all have a great rest of Sunday. Hugs to all.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh boy, I've fallen behind in this thread! I apologize in advance if I somehow miss something important!

Missy, I'm really glad you're loving your ipad2 so much! I really like listening to music while I exercise (or try to :cheeky: ) as well - it's very energizing! I'm so with you on not stressing about things I can't control, I've done it for so long and I'm tired of it! I think you have a really good attitude about your return to work. Thank you for the nice words, I feel the same way about you! We didn't get much snow here is South Jersey, but I guess we're in for some tomorrow and Tuesday. The New York area is supposed to be hit even harder. Stay warm and safe - I have a feeling the both of us are not planning on venturing out haha! Although I guess I'll give my son a hand with the shoveling, ugh! :knockout:

Kristie, I'm a little late with my comments, but please don't hesitate to share your feelings, all of us are going through various tough times and it's cathartic sometimes to just share whatever emotions we're feeling at that particular moment. I'm so sorry about what you're going through with your parents - it's clear you haven't made this decision lightly and it's been hard for you. But at this point it seems like your parents are just too difficult to deal with, and causing you too much emotional distress, and who needs that? Hugs to you, luckily you have a good support system in Bob (and us!) and you have lots of good things in your life. I'm so glad you and Bob got out and had some fun - Your outing sounds perfect! Hugs to you, we are always here to listen!

Ovi, sorry you are feeling a bit cooped up and lonely - it's nice to have some time to yourself, but it's hard when you're in an isolated area and can't go places easily if you feel like just getting out of the house for a while and seeing some people. I wish I lived closer so I could visit - we could hang out and drink coffee lol! It will probably feel good to go to work, it will be a break and you'll be out and around people. I hope Sapphie is doing ok, hopefully her lack of grooming is just her feeling a bit sad that her buddy isn't there and she will perk up soon. Thinking of you ovi!

Marcy, that pic of Carl sitting on the couch cracked me up! He looks quite comfy lol! Glad to hear you're having some mild weather out in Wyoming - we're gearing up for a big snowstorm here and everyone is all worked up about it. I'm hoping it turns out to be nothing, but I have a feeling that's wishful thinking!

Calliecake, I think my husband is more excited about playing golf than he is about going to the Superbowl haha! Hope you had a good weekend - mine was pretty uneventful, although we went out for a nice dinner on Saturday.

LLJsmom, hope all is well with you!

Take care everyone, I'll check in soon!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:

Sunday. Did nothing except watch 20 episodes of Once Upon A Time with my kids today. No working out, and no pigging out either. It's a good day.

Sorry, will catch up with everything soon. Hugs everyone. :D

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For Missy!
__1_2.jpg __1__1_.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results