shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage bracelet

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently found this costume piece in the bottom of a jewel box. It was given to me by an old relative when I was between 5-9 yrs. old -- as long as 55 yrs ago. Memory is fuzzy. I think the large cabs are carnelian. The itty bitty stone in the middle medallion (don't know what else to call it) looks like garnet. The itty bitty stones in the other medallions look like rubies. I'm thinking the garnet/ruby stones are fake. Anyone have any idea how old it is? No markings that I can find.

_26320.jpg

towel_section.jpg

patricias

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hello- What a wonderful old treasure you have. I can't tell what the stones are, but it doesn't really matter. I'd guess that this piece dates from the 1920's. The clasp is one you don't see on newer pieces. The enamel work is really nice. In terms of dollar value you're looking at hundred bucks or so to a collector, but you've got a really cool family piece and something to pass along to the next generation. Thanks for sharing, and if you could post a pic of the back of the bracelet that would help with dating the piece.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the quick response. Here's the back.

back_0.jpg

back_4.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say that this looks beautiful. You could convert it to a collar by adding a chain with the same connections which would allow you to wear it as s bracelet or necklace.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1422142199|3821577 said:
Just wanted to say that this looks beautiful. You could convert it to a collar by adding a chain with the same connections which would allow you to wear it as s bracelet or necklace.

What a great idea. Thanks!

MrSolitaire

Rough_Rock
costume jewelry made in the in the 1920s or1930s - could be antique, no reproduction - I guess

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whatever the stones might be, I would be pleased to own such a wonderful piece of history.

kerrycate

Rough_Rock
Beautiful jewellary .

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results