shape
carat
color
clarity

IS THIS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE?

mmmdoan

Rough_Rock
Hi I'm looking at a round brilliant 1.15 GIA xxx cut, J colour, VS2, strong fluorescence,

Depth: 61.8%
table:58%
medium-slightly thick girdle

I want the classic 6 prong solitaire setting.

Is it worth going up to an I for less carat? is Vs2 guaranteed eye clean? any opinions about the strong fluorescence?

The price is 5300$ with setting it will be about 6000$ Does the price sound too good to be true?
thank you for any responses!

mmmdoan

Rough_Rock
crown angle: 32.5
pavilion angle: 41.8
cutlet none

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd eliminate it based on the very low crown angle. I'd want to see 34-35 on the crown angle.

VS2 is usually eyeclean but not 100% of the time. You have to ask the jeweler that. I will have to look at pricing, but I'd look for another stone with a better cut.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mmmdoan

Rough_Rock
wow thank you! I was searching on blue nile. So even with Gia triple x, it doesn't guarantee max sparkle?
thank you

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
41.8 pavilion angle is the very last allowable angle for gia ex, but still way beyond what is acceptable. Don't go past 41.2

AlexPark

Rough_Rock
mmmdoan|1422160810|3821692 said:
Hi I'm looking at a round brilliant 1.15 GIA xxx cut, J colour, VS2, strong fluorescence,

Depth: 61.8%
table:58%
medium-slightly thick girdle

I want the classic 6 prong solitaire setting.

Is it worth going up to an I for less carat? is Vs2 guaranteed eye clean? any opinions about the strong fluorescence?

The price is 5300$ with setting it will be about 6000$ Does the price sound too good to be true?
thank you for any responses!

not good price. here is better one imo for $4900

112hsi1.png

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
mmmdoan|1422163981|3821705 said:
So even with Gia triple x, it doesn't guarantee max sparkle?

mmmdoan,

As with any rating GIA XXX has a range. It might be good to think of it this way - Not every R rated movie has the same level of content. An R rating for "American Sniper" is very different than an R rating for "The Hangover." Some have great comedic content, some have heavy dramatic content, but both are deemed an "R" movie.

Some XXX diamonds have terrific fire, some have great brightness, some have a balance of each. How the diamond performs (within or outside of the XXX range) is all determined by the proportions of the diamond. The Pavilion Angle, Crown Angle, Table Size, Depth and other factors all interact together to return light to the observer.

If you continue reading on this forum and/or posting specific diamonds in which you have interest - preferably with a copy of the grading report and accompanying ASET or Ideal-Scope imagery - you will get solid advice on which diamond is the most promising.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results