• A. Yes

Votes: 64 80.0%
  • B. No

Votes: 16 20.0%

• Total voters

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
All time, 24/7...along with his Rolex watch. I couldn't wear all that to bed/shower etc, but he does... :rolleyes:

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
yes! He wears his all the time....i wear mine barely because of my job (nurse). He loves it...it is from tiffany and co. He picked it out and considers it a piece of fine jewelry. He is also addicted to fine watches (specifically rolex and panerai) so he had no problem wearing the ring.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He didn't want one at first as he is left handed, but he wears the yellow gold one he got at our wedding 35 years ago 24/7. I rarely wear mine!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He wears a gold band 24/7. He also wears one of his watches everyday.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
He did get one (which isn't a given where we live, it wasn't at all common until recently). I actually can't recall if he wears it or not. I don't wear mine any more. He does wear a rhr 24/7 because I made it for him. I don't know any men in my family or his who wear any rings at all, so that is probably quite daring by local standards :bigsmile:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. I would be pretty upset if he didn't.

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
FI wears his now as a mangagement ring.

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
No, hubby doesn't wear his wedding ring. He never really liked wearing it and in the end lost it...oh well...he still has me though :angel:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Mine does! I was really surprised, he kept saying before that he wouldn't wear it because he's not a jewelry guy and works with his hands outside of his full time job. His dad is a farmer and his parents don't normally wear rings so I don't think he thought it would be that big of a deal. He has a 3mm titanium ring so it's super lightweight. He wears it more than I wear mine since I take mine off immediately as I get home.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
24/7. Sleeps, showers and works out in it. Oh, wait, unless he's working in the kitchen and digging his hands into dough or meat. We have a pastry chef friend who lost his ring in dough he was working. It rose to the top in the morning, atop the dough placed in the fridge overnight.

I tried to update his ring for him when I saw an awesome ring at Cartier. He refuses. He's really attached to his platinum ring. He chose it himself and it does not match mine.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH hasn't worn his since our honeymoon. He wears it on a chain around his neck, because that way, he claims, it's closer to his heart :rolleyes: He is a tradesman so he can rarely wear it anyway. That, and he just really, really hates wearing rings! He doesn't wear a watch either. I don't care if he wears his wedding ring or not, it doesn't faze me in the slightest. That said, its about 3 sizes too small for him these days ::) I don't wear my original wedding ring, I bought a different band which I prefer with my e-ring.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My hubby is not a jewelry person, so when we first got married said he felt uncomfortable wearing it, and instead strung it on a rope and wore it around his neck. A few weeks later he tried it on, and basically never took it off again. I don't think he even notices it. He's a bartender and uses his hands alot, but doesn't seem to get in the way.
So, I think guys may be surprised, who don't think they are comfortable wearing a ring, you may get used to it.

Kenny I knew you and your beloved would win the "ring" question :love: Any chance of getting a shot with your ring hands together? :love:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
PattyCo|1421523588|3818112 said:
No, hubby doesn't wear his wedding ring. He never really liked wearing it and in the end lost it...oh well...he still has me though :angel:

I love it!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
DH never wears his ring. Since having kids, I only wear my ring a couple of times a week and it's not even my wedding set. I wear an old rolling ring because it's most comfy.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Mine does - except when doing something like golfing. I'd find it odd if he didn't. For us a wedding ring is not about whether or not you like/dislike jewelry, it's about a symbol of marriage. There are lots of things in life that we don't like to do, but we still do them, so I sort of see it as an excuse that's not really all that valid unless the ring poses a safety risk (for work, etc.). Having said that, to each their own - but I'm still glad mine chooses to wear his ;-)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dh lost weight some years ago and his band slipped off while he was swimming in the ocean. I think we talked about him getting a new one but just never got around to it and after a while I guess we just forgot about it. It doesn't matter to me if he wears one or not tbh. I go ringless too sometimes.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My DH adores his and rarely removes it. It is his treasure--he loves the way it looks and what it symbolizes. It is kind of charming. :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Mine wears his pretty much all the time and removes to wash his hands. He says it's because it's so comfortable he forgets it's even on.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's been eye-opening reading all these responses. I hope that I didn't come across as doubting my hubby's fidelity because he doesn't wear his band, as that was not my intention. I was just curious, especially because I seem to be surrounded by great men who never sport their band. I told my hubby that I posted this poll and he laughed, as he reminded me that prior to PS, I didn't wear my rings either! :oops: :oops: :oops:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
nala|1421812976|3819645 said:
It's been eye-opening reading all these responses. I hope that I didn't come across as doubting my hubby's fidelity because he doesn't wear his band, as that was not my intention. I was just curious, especially because I seem to be surrounded by great men who never sport their band. I told my hubby that I posted this poll and he laughed, as he reminded me that prior to PS, I didn't wear my rings either! :oops: :oops: :oops:
I didn't see anyone implying that. Most posters actually wrote that wearing a ring does not equal fidelity.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
He wears his 24/7, which is more than I wear mine (I take it off for bench work and forget to put it back on). He also likes to show it off to friends :) It is a 22k hammered gold band.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
baby monster|1421849668|3819813 said:
nala|1421812976|3819645 said:
I didn't see anyone implying that. Most posters actually wrote that wearing a ring does not equal fidelity.

I didn't imply it, but I certainly have entertained the thought that there are many reasons why someone would choose not to wear a wedding ring. Some don't like jewelry, some are concerned of a safety risk, some might not want folks to know they are married…. There are any number of reasons and while I wouldn't automatically assume that someone was cheating if they chose not to wear their wedding ring, It exists in my mind as a potential reason much like all of the others.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. He wears it all the time; in fact, I don't think I have ever seen him take it off. He is really attached to it and has told me he never wants to take it off for any reason. I have no complaints about that!

I wear mine *most* of the time. I remember wearing it through my entire pregnancy, and taking a ring selfie with my IV line in my hand during labor because my nails looked so awesome (hormones and prenatal vitamins, yay!). But every now and then I take them off at night because I can't stand to have anything on my fingers for some reason. He doesn't care. And if he felt like not wearing his for any length of time because of a physical comfort issue I would have no problem with it.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Guy here; I will take mine off during the following scenarios only:

- Washing dishes or clothes, basically household chores where I am using chemicals or heat etc.
- Whenever I go game fishing, if I didn't have to wrestle apex marine predators up to 1200lb on a thick handline then I would probably wear it out there.
- ESPECIALLY when I am doing work on motors, I learned the hard way once that a tungsten wedding band and checking for spark on a motor can hurt REALLY BADLY!!

Other than that it's on my finger all the time :D

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
My DH has worn his ring 24/7 since we married more than 10 years ago, at his insistence. He's not really a jewelry person - only other thing he wears is a watch, but he's adamant about always wearing his ring.

It would have been completely okay with me if he'd preferred not to wear one, but it's kinda cute that he's so sentimental about it. ;-)

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mine wears his most of the time, it goes on each morning and off each night with his watch unless hes doing some heavy work that might damage either. Its a cheap titanium band that cost less the $100 and is seriously chipped and battered. We only bought it for the wedding ceremony itself as I wanted to do the exchange of rings thing. He had said that he didn't really want a ring and I didn't expect him to wear it after the wedding but we are both surprised at how attached he is to it. I've suggested replacing it with a nice new platinum ring a few times but he wants to keep this crappy one. And whilst I'd love go shopping for a new ring and all that entails, I'm really rather touched that he loves this one.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH wears a 6mm comfort fit yellow gold band that I put on his finger on our wedding day over 30 years ago. He is very sentimental about his wedding band. To my knowledge he has only taken it off twice, once when he let a jeweler buff it and the other for surgery.
I've offered to get him a platinum or white gold band as I've upgraded mine a "few" times. But the truth be told it looks beautiful on his hand.

retrogamer

Shiny_Rock
I used to take mine off when showering or sleeping, but now I pretty much have mine on 24/7

The only times it comes off now are when I'm eating something particularly messy or if I'm climbing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results