shape
carat
color
clarity

is this a decent diamond?

evolive

Rough_Rock
capture_21.jpg

i think the table is not ideal right? plus the surface graining can't be any good idea.

i just need some feedback on this and i can pass on his rock. thank you guys!

ROUND BRILLIANT

Measurements 6.40 - 6.40 x 3.88 mm
Carat Weight 0.97 carat
Color Grade E
Clarity Grade Internally Flawless
Cut Grade Excellent
PROPORTIONS

Depth 60.6 %
Table 59 %
Crown Angle 34.0°
Crown Height 14.0%
Pavilion Angle 40.8°
Pavilion Depth 43.0%
Star Length 50%
Lower Half 80%
Girdle Medium, Faceted, 3.5%
Culet None
FINISH

Polish Excellent
Symmetry Excellent
FLUORESCENCE

Fluorescence None
CLARITY CHARACTERISTICS

Clarity Characteristics Surface Graining, Minor Details of Polish

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow--rare diamond!

E IF, just UNDER 1 Ct.

The proportions are great, but not everyone's cup of tea: many on PS say they prefer smaller tables. I tend to agree, but I also think that this diamond is probably priced great relative to its 1 ct cousins. Do you have a picture of the diamond and potentially an idealscope image?

evolive

Rough_Rock
only have the GIA certificate and no fancy imaging...

so that's one vote of confidence. thanks! :)

can the idealscope be obtained when the diamond is already in a setting?

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
No idealscope once the diamond is set.

Have you seen it in person, and if so, what did you think about it?

evolive

Rough_Rock
i can get a picture of it later tonight when i meet the family friend again and we think it looks great. the setting is a 4 prong and has a little diamond as part of the setting. it looks simple.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes you can Ideal-Scope a set diamond.

It is only internally flawless, not flawless inside and out. Graining on the surface and minor details of polish are to be expected.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
That is very similar to the stone that I have. Mine has 59 table and 60.5 depth with 34.5 ca and 40.8 pa and I love it. It is an awesome performer and is as fiery as my tolk stone with same ca and pa but 56 table and 61.++ depth. So I say it is worth taking a look at!! :naughty:

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
love thia stone and just under 1 brings price point down nice proportions

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It scores well on the HCA (1.4), so next I'd want to see the idealscope.

It is a rare size - just under a carat - but I'm wondering what your motivation for IF clarity is. Mind clean? Cultural? You can drop clarity several grades and get a larger stone of the same color.

It is a 60/60 stone; https://www.pricescope.com/wiki/diamonds/60-60-proportioned-diamond, so it will likely not have as much colored light return as a more traditionally cut ideal stone, but will have great white light return. I have a 60/60 and a traditional, and I can clearly see the difference in colored light return (which I like, personally - you may not).

evolive

Rough_Rock
img_9393.jpg

img_9390.jpg

img_9389.jpg

img_9388.jpg

img_9386.jpg

img_9384.jpg

img_9383.jpg

img_9400.jpg

img_9396.jpg

img_9391.jpg

can't zoom any further...

evolive

Rough_Rock
IF because of cultural... a pin, hole or whatever is bad luck for marriage... =P

i haven't looked at many diamonds like most of you guys here but i do see a big differences when it comes to color other things i have no idea.

some jewelers have told me that the demand is high at 1.0ct and if i can get it close to it then you can save some money there.

i didn't know about this "HCA" thing... interesting. it can calculate things for you right away. i should go read more about hca vs/and tolk. sounds pretty interesting ways to judge a diamond.

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
The most helpful picture you provided is the 7th one. It shows good symmetry that, along w/ the proportions, give me a strong indication that it is a very well cut, beautiful diamond.

My advice is to not waste any more time or effort confirming that it's a nice diamond. You'll be doing it more for us than for yourself. Congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results