shape
carat
color
clarity

federal Judge Strikes Down Alabama's Same Sex Marriage Ban

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today, January 23, 2015, a federal judge struck down Alabama's same sex marriage ban. This is excerpted from "The New York Times" on-line.

"A federal judge in Mobile on Friday struck down Alabama's constitutional ban on same-sex marriage, ruling that a woman could not be denied her desire for a second-parent adoption of a 9-year-old boy whom she has helped raise since birth.

U.S. District Judge Ginny Granade ruled that the Alabama Marriage Protection Act and the amendment that later enshrined it in the state constitution both were unconstitutional."

Link to an NBC News Story...http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/federal-judge-strikes-down-alabamas-ban-same-sex-marriage-n292601

AGBF

MisterMadelise

Shiny_Rock
Re: federal Judge Strikes Down Alabama's Same Sex Marriage B

This is great news. So many states flipped over the rules last year. This is a great start to 2015.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

I applauded like a lunatic when I heard.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What wonderful news. This put a HUGE smile on my face. I'm with you Ame, applauding like a lunatic!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock

Wonderful news :appl: :appl:
But I'm a little nervous to see how the Supreme Court is gonna rule. Definitely going to be following this.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

elle_chris|1422076593|3821271 said:
But I'm a little nervous to see how the Supreme Court is gonna rule. Definitely going to be following this.
I cannot even imagine at this point that they could possibly go against it. 30+ states are now allowing it, they can't just undo something upheld by the majority.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ame|1422122806|3821434 said:
elle_chris|1422076593|3821271 said:

I cannot even imagine at this point that they could possibly go against it. 30+ states are now allowing it, they can't just undo something upheld by the majority.

I didn't count myself, but the news stories said that with this federal court decision the number of states allowing gay marriage is now 37.

Deb

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results