shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Lab Report From Multicolour?

juxtaposed

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I'm about to pull the trigger on making this Alex purchase from David. I noticed when you're checking out there is the option to include various lab reports.
I was wondering if this was necessary and if so which one I should purchase.

AIGS Mini Gem ID - $40
AIGS Full Gem ID - $70
GRS Report - $120
GIA ID - $112

Also if anyone has any advice on how I can have a ring band made I would be extremely grateful. This is the band I'd like to have made. (something similar)
http://www.themaniamania.com/shop/immortalia/ritual-solitaire-ring-2
I contacted this company but they are unwilling to sell the band alone. They offered to source and set an Alex in it which is not an option for me.
Chrono mentioned that the quality of this piece is sub par as well.
"Honourable benches will not make an exact copy of the ring. Also note that custom isn't necessarily cheaper but if you go to the right shop, can easily make a better quality ring than the original you shared. The diamonds look cloudy and the prongs surrounding the opal are blobby"
Thanks Chrono for your eyes!

omfs_this_is_it_1-1-15_both_0.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
For me it would really be a question of getting the right report for the stone. Not knowing anything about the stone you are getting I cant say. I can tell you roughly what my criteria would be. If the stone is under $1000 I would go without the report. %1000 - $1500 I would suffice with the aigs cheaper choice. Over $1500 but under 4000, I would want the GRS. Over $4000 I would make the sale contingent on an AGL prestige report.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Please buy that or put it on reserve before a lurker steals it out from under you.

Also I think it is very pretty

Also it seems already to have a gia report so you should contact David to discuss that. If you really want it buy it now and sort out the rest tomorrow

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
It is gone. I hope you already bought it.

juxtaposed

Rough_Rock
Indeed, I did buy it. It was finally time after months/years of searching/researching. :)

This is the info about the stone.

Attachments

• alex_-_yax725ac.bmp
    2.7 MB · Views: 448

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Pictures, pictures pictures!!!!

You pay us with pictures!!!! :D :D

PLEASE!!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did David provide you with a video of the stone in various light sources? If so, would like to see it.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That's a nice one.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I hope no one thinks I was pressuring the OP to buy that without thoroughly vetting it. I was surprised to see the link posted and the stone still available, with the declaration that the OP is intent on buying it. As a general rule one should not provide that level of information on a stone one is buying, that one only wants a little advice on. Reserve the stone, or buy it if the return policy is good. Then one can post here for others' opinions without losing the stone to lurkers.
Also want to add that I like the medium tone as most Alex I have seen are dark and murky. Disclosure; I have never seen an Alex in person that I loved, but also I have seen very few. I am wondering about the proportions of the stone. The numbers make me think it is a bit shallow and so may window, though I think pears and trillions have more leeway in depth. It can be hard to tell that in their photos.

juxtaposed

Rough_Rock
Thanks VapidLapid for your sound advice. I appreciate your concern about lurkers. There was no pressure. I've been hemming and hawing over that particular stone along with the .49ct pear on multicolour for a bit of time now. It was time to make a move on it. :)

TL - did not request a video from David simply due to the fact that I was pretty sure that's the one I'd be buying regardless. It would be nice to have a little bit more to drool over though. ;-)

Marlow - I'll be posting pictures as soon as it arrives!

All of you PS regulars have made me feel as though I'm a much more educated buyer and I can't thank you enough.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
juxtaposed|1422125085|3821456 said:
All of you PS regulars have made me feel as though I'm a much more educated buyer and I can't thank you enough.

As Marlow said in another thread, pay us in pictures! :praise:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alexandrites are not heated or treated and this one does not look like a simulant or synthetic, plus David is an honest vendor who has open and full disclosure of the stone. Given that this is also not a Russian stone, there's no need to get an origin report for it either. You are unlikely to sell it down the road because it is an e-ring stone but you might want a simple brief or something similar for appraisal/insurance replacement purposes.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1422279081|3822175 said:
Alexandrites are not heated or treated and this one does not look like a simulant or synthetic, plus David is an honest vendor who has open and full disclosure of the stone. Given that this is also not a Russian stone, there's no need to get an origin report for it either. You are unlikely to sell it down the road because it is an e-ring stone but you might want a simple brief or something similar for appraisal/insurance replacement purposes.

Agreed.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1422279081|3822175 said:
Good point. I would go for a $60 AGL Gem Brief. You can use your receipt/appraisal from Multicolour in place of a third-party appraisal for insurance, in conjunction with the Gem Brief. To get a knowledgeable independent appraiser, who has expertise in colored stones,nto write a full appraisal would be more expensive then the Gem Brief.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results