shape
carat
color
clarity

Legit Watch Websites? (To Buy An Omega Specifically)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
My dad wants to buy an Omega watch and is looking online. He's found a few websites with good prices but I'm not sure if they're legit or not. Has anyone heard of http://www.watchmaxx.com/? Or have recommendations for other websites?

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
From www.omegawatches.com website (official)
From FAQ section:

How can I be sure I am buying a genuine OMEGA watch?

You can be sure you are buying a genuine OMEGA watch if you follow these steps:
Buy an OMEGA watch only from authorized OMEGA retailers who will give you the credit-card size warranty, duly completed with the 8-digit serial number, the watch reference and the retailer's full name and address.

Hope this is helpful.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thing2, I would have your dad buy at an authorized retailer out of state, if possible, if he wants to save money he can do so on tax. I am not sure what omega's map policy is, but just call around on the authorized dealers and ask what their best price is. Feldmar here in LA will offer discounts. I also bought from Lussori in NorCal with no problem, and with a discount (there seemed most aggressive). They have a concierge desk that takes care of phone orders, but both Feldmar and Lussori have a legit storefront.

That way you get the company paperwork for sure.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is not an authorized dealer, but http://www.prestigetime.com/page.php?about_us

I saw them mentioned a lot on the watch forums. Also, check Costco, Amazon.

All of the above will be gray market, I believe. I prefer to buy from ADs when it comes to watches. Peace of mind, especially since AD's often discount and are competitive with online and gray market sites.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thing2...what ref # is he looking at?,and as TG said...check your local Costco.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much Modified Brilliant, TGal and DF for the advice-I'm passing this all along to my dad!

My dad is looking at the Omega Seamaster, which is model # 2221.80. (This one: http://www.amazon.com/Omega-2221-80...TF8&qid=1339900859&sr=1-1&keywords=omega+2221

He currently has a Rolex Submariner but doesn't wear it every day, so it constantly goes dead. Because of that, he actually wants a battery operated watch vs. a perpetual motion watch. (He does a lot of woodworking and has a lot of outdoor hobbies like hunting, fishing, etc., so doesn't wear his nice watch while he does those things.)

He's not opposed to paying full price but the less expensive, the better, of course! I think he'd actually probably be fine with a used watched from a reputable seller as well, so if you have any recommendations for used watch websites, I'd love to hear those as well! Thank you again!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thing2, have him check Timezone. They often list preloved like we do here.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thing2of2|1339901150|3217997 said:
He's not opposed to paying full price but the less expensive, the better, of course! I think he'd actually probably be fine with a used watched from a reputable seller as well, so if you have any recommendations for used watch websites, I'd love to hear those as well! Thank you again!
no need to pay full retail price when you can get at least 25% off. i think if he have the patient he can find a nice used one at an ex price. when i say "used" i meant in like new condition. some of these guys on watch forums sell their watch after a few weeks... :wacko:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1339902477|3218011 said:
Thing2, have him check Timezone. They often list preloved like we do here.

Awesome! Will do, thank you TGal!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1339908135|3218047 said:
no need to pay full retail price when you can get at least 25% off. i think if he have the patient he can find a nice used one at an ex price. when i say "used" i meant in like new condition. some of these guys on watch forums sell their watch after a few weeks... :wacko:

That is nuts! I will definitely keep an eye out on Timezone for him. Although I'm not sure how many of the watch nerds have battery operated ones...

Thanks DF!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tournneau also has a pre-owned department ... where they only sell watches they've already *sold* & reacquired.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My BIL bought a Seamaster two months ago--major malfunction with watch; original vendor refused to replace it within a month--back to Omega for repair. Luckily his Rolex works!

My DH's old Seamaster does not hold it's wind--so it is in for serviving. But in all fairness it has been a very good watch--and it's last major overhaul was in 2006.

Roll the dice..... :bigsmile: :saint:

cheers--Sharon

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Tourneau sells them, but they are sort of hard to negotiate on price & generally not very kind haha. I have seen a few "fine" jewelry stores that sell Omega, but it has been hit or miss. Luckily for us being within driving distance to a very large city has helped in our (his) never-ending quest for watches. Also, def purchase out of state to save on tax if possible as previously mentioned.

my SO wanted a seamaster, but i liked the orange bezel and he likes the black bezel :wink2:. He has since pushed that to the "bottom" of his watch wish list and is now looking into a Panerai 312 or 372. He currently also has a rolex sub and a breitling super avenger.

I would also recommend sticking with AD or at least making sure that the proper paperwork is with it :)

http://www.omegawatches.com/stores/map

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thing2of2|1339933970|3218141 said:
Dancing Fire|1339908135|3218047 said:

That is nuts! I will definitely keep an eye out on Timezone for him. Although I'm not sure how many of the watch nerds have battery operated ones...

Thanks DF!
true,right now there are 3 auto Seamaster for sale on TZ,but no quartz model.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks deco-I'll point him there!

Canuk-YIKES! Hopefully this will work out for him...I think he's crazy to sell his Rolex but since I'm buying it from him for a great price I'm not complaining! :cheeky: Thanks for the advice!

LoveLikeCrazy-good to know about Tourneau=thanks! My dad can be a tough negotiator but if they're not particularly pleasant maybe he should look elsewhere.

DF-that's what I was afraid of! Oh well, he'll just have to pay the extra $ for the quartz! (Paying more for quartz seems like an oxymoron, right? :cheeky: )

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Several years ago, I bought a ladies mini-constellation (the old Cindy Crawford my choice with diamond bezel and gold half-bars) through Joma shop. It came with all the paper work and original box. IIRC, the biggest drawback to buying through Joma was that my watch was not covered by warranty. But I've had the watch now for at least 6 years, and have not had any issues with it.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="thing2of2|
DF-that's what I was afraid of! Oh well, he'll just have to pay the extra $ for the quartz! (Paying more for quartz seems like an oxymoron, right? :cheeky: )[/quote]

yes,but then your a liberal,so i'll let you slide... :wink2:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
KittyGolightly|1340045489|3218801 said:
Several years ago, I bought a ladies mini-constellation (the old Cindy Crawford my choice with diamond bezel and gold half-bars) through Joma shop. It came with all the paper work and original box. IIRC, the biggest drawback to buying through Joma was that my watch was not covered by warranty. But I've had the watch now for at least 6 years, and have not had any issues with it.

Great, thanks Kitty-I'll pass it along!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1340046339|3218815 said:
[quote="thing2of2|
DF-that's what I was afraid of! Oh well, he'll just have to pay the extra $ for the quartz! (Paying more for quartz seems like an oxymoron, right? :cheeky: )

yes,but then your a liberal,so i'll let you slide... :wink2:[/quote]

Ah, but my dad is a big ol' Republican, so you can't blame it on my liberalism! :cheeky:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
My dad pulled the trigger and got his watch today! He ended up going through an authorized dealer (Jared's of all places!) and says he got a good discount. I haven't gotten the full story, just a quick email, but I'll update this tomorrow with the discount and how he got it for anyone in the market. Thank you again for all your advice! :wavey:

Here's the picture he sent me:

omegasdfdsa.JPG

James420

Rough_Rock
thing2of2|1339859767|3217671 said:
My dad wants to buy an Omega watch and is looking online. He's found a few websites with good prices but I'm not sure if they're legit or not. Has anyone heard of http://www.watchmaxx.com/? Or have recommendations for other websites?

I haven't heared about this website before but if your dad is still looking for buying an omega watch .I would like to recemend http://www.sell-omega.co.uk/
for best service and customer satisfaction . You can try that also .

James420

Rough_Rock
I know a place in London to buy or sell omega watches . This place is famous for providing customer satisfaction . i have bought my omega from there . You can have a visit there on any working day and choose your omega from a wide range of variety . Their website is http://www.sell-omega.co.uk/

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
Your new Omega is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Congrats on the purchase...may your Dad wear it in good health.

I am really starting to get into high end watches, and if you want to buy gently used, watchuseek.com, chrono24.com or each brand's specialty forum (e.g. breitlingsource.com, omegaforums.net) will usually net you a gently used, well priced watch. And usually, the folks are very kind in imparting their wisdom (and to help weed out fakes). And don't count out ebay...I found my pristine Diamond Breitling there.

Yes, you can buy thru an AD or greymarket dealer, but you will pay 50-100% more than buying directly from the individual. But you usually have to do a bit more legwork buying from an individual...but I think it's worth it.

I've been eyeing an Omega Louis Brandt myself :love:

http://omegaforums.net/threads/louis-brandt-perpetual-calendar.3958/

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
James420|1421853719|3819845 said:
thing2of2|1339859767|3217671 said:

I haven't heared about this website before but if your dad is still looking for buying an omega watch .I would like to recemend http://www.sell-omega.co.uk/
for best service and customer satisfaction . You can try that also .

This thread is 3 years old. Spam?

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
Oh, jeez...sorry! The non spammer here (and I agree that other poster is spam) apologies for helping to revive an old thread. Jen out!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results