Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1421360678|3817041 said:
amc80|1421358353|3817019 said:
Niel|1421357797|3817007 said:
SMC|1421355574|3816991 said:
amc80|1421353808|3816978 said:
Hey SMC, did you write to Swistle? I read her post today and the issues sounded pretty familiar :)

Her answer about "a grandma named Riley" is what I was thinking as well. We can't imagine it because there really aren't any grandmas with that name. But in 60 years, this generation will have grown up and there will be Grandma Rileys all over the place.
Haha, yes! That was me. I think that we are likely going with Riley, but she could end up Alexis. I like the Avery suggestion too, but we have a friend who has a daughter named Avery. We weren't particularly fond of her other suggestions.

Went to the doctor today. Measuring 38 at 37.5 weeks - dr remarked that she grew quite a bit in the past week. Dr was able to get to my cervix but I am currently 0cm dilated. She says there's a very good chance that I will be late. My husband is happy because that means that he can watch the Super Bowl. I'm trying to grapple with the fact that I could be pregnant for another 3-4 weeks!

Baby is likely going to be close to if not greater than 8 lbs at this rate!

I didn't know of that website. I just googled it. Emailed them too. See od they have an opinion I haven't heard already.

Swistle is the best! I don't usually like her recommendations, but I like what she has to say about names you are considering.

SMC- My CS is currently scheduled for 2/1. It was supposed to be 2/2, but apparently my OB is on call that weekend. I doubt I will make it that long, but having a baby on Superbowl day isn't cool. At least the 49ers are out of it so I won't be missing my team.

I'm surprised they're still going to make you wait that long when ypu seem pretty close to labor. You'd think they'd rather schedule it than do an emergency one.

I doubt I will keep that date. I have an appointment with the MFM in an hour and with my OB tomorrow morning. I'm hoping that tomorrow my OB will set a closer date.

SMC we cross posted. I do have Pre-E, plus PIH (pregnancy induced hypertension), plus Polyhydramnios (too much fluid), plus Macrosomia (large baby). The concern isn't really for the baby as much as for me- nobody thinks I will go much past 37 weeks without going into full on labor on my own, and they don't want to create an emergency c-section situation.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1421361155|3817049 said:
SMC we cross posted. I do have Pre-E, plus PIH (pregnancy induced hypertension), plus Polyhydramnios (too much fluid), plus Macrosomia (large baby). The concern isn't really for the baby as much as for me- nobody thinks I will go much past 37 weeks without going into full on labor on my own, and they don't want to create an emergency c-section situation.
I'm sorry, that's quite a few complications. I hope they're able to get you an earlier date!

Unlike Niel and me, are you set on your baby's name?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
SMC|1421361374|3817055 said:
I'm sorry, that's quite a few complications. I hope they're able to get you an earlier date!

Thanks! Me too. I'm so over this pregnancy. I feel bad saying that, since I'm happy to be pregnant with a healthy baby, but man, this one has been tough.

Yes, we are set- Tucker Jack. We had 1 boy name and 1 girl name picked before we found out. If it was a girl her name would be Mackenzie May (May is the middle name of DH's grandma who he was close to).

SMC

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1421361724|3817061 said:

Thanks! Me too. I'm so over this pregnancy. I feel bad saying that, since I'm happy to be pregnant with a healthy baby, but man, this one has been tough.

Yes, we are set- Tucker Jack. We had 1 boy name and 1 girl name picked before we found out. If it was a girl her name would be Mackenzie May (May is the middle name of DH's grandma who he was close to).
Haha, I'm over this pregnancy too (and have been since week 7) and I've had no medical complications. I'm just a whiner. I have no good excuse to have her come out early though, except for my own general discomfort.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMC|1421362156|3817070 said:
amc80|1421361724|3817061 said:

Haha, I'm over this pregnancy too (and have been since week 7) and I've had no medical complications. I'm just a whiner. I have no good excuse to have her come out early though, except for my own general discomfort.

Don't feel bad. Most women at this point are over it, if you have a million complications or none.

I know this one habeen emotionally taxing for me, as well as physically. And I didn't anticipate being pregnant with a child already to be THAT much harder.

Lovely name AMC! I love the name jack

Emailing that woman today for some reason just made me "feel" like Marshall is the right name for us.... I dont know why.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Just got done with my growth scan. Baby is estimated at 8lbs4oz right now. With a margin of error of 1lb4oz. But, based on the size of his cheeks, the doctor was pretty confident that we can assume he isn't on the low side of that margin. His head is measuring over 42w (once it's over 42w they can't give you an estimate, just that it is outside of the measurement range). She is going to have me stop my meds on Sunday (just so that in case I go into labor it's not on a weekend when my doc isn't around). Otherwise, my CS will be moved to 38w. She also felt very comfortable with the CS recommendation.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1421372693|3817154 said:
Just got done with my growth scan. Baby is estimated at 8lbs4oz right now. With a margin of error of 1lb4oz. But, based on the size of his cheeks, the doctor was pretty confident that we can assume he isn't on the low side of that margin. His head is measuring over 42w (once it's over 42w they can't give you an estimate, just that it is outside of the measurement range). She is going to have me stop my meds on Sunday (just so that in case I go into labor it's not on a weekend when my doc isn't around). Otherwise, my CS will be moved to 38w. She also felt very comfortable with the CS recommendation.
Wow, so that's in a week or so, right? It's exciting that you are almost done!

My feet are really starting to get swollen. My BP is fine though, so I think it's just one of those nice pregnancy symptoms that I can't do too much about.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Hormonal as hell. We've spent the past week with DH's family in Cape Town and bloody hell, has it been pretty far from the holiday it was meant to be.

Quite apart from the fact that I don't like staying in someone else's home, it has also been bloody hot (100F+). His mom has issues about cold and loves hot weather, so all the doors and windows are kept shut all the time so that the heat is trapped inside. Not fun.

Then there's the bit I actually feel pretty ashamed about. I hate being bratty and realise this is probably due to me being hormonal, but I'm still hurt by it and have to get it off my chest. We live 10 hours away and didn't see DH's family over Christmas, so we were only able to give them their presents when we saw them over this week. We went to great trouble and expense to get his sisters and their respective husbands and daughters (each sister has a daughter) thoughtful presents. It was not cheap. Today, the day before we were meant to leave, we were told oh btw, our present is a night at a national park an hour away from where we live, to be claimed before baby gets here. A shitty national park that we never go to because it's well known for being so ****ing crap. No one in the family goes there because it's so crap. A night away is a night away right? Well... It's in a tent. Without aircon. In the middle of the South African summer. Thought that counts? Yeah, maybe... But this thought is a JOINT gift for me and DH, from BOTH his sisters and cost less than any one of the presents we bought for even one of the six of them.

I feel insulted. They all have great jobs earning way more than DH and I earn combined. They're always showing off with their nice things and going various overseas holidays. It's not like they couldn't afford to get us something nice. Monetary value aside, who the **** gets a pregnant woman a night in a tent in the middle of an African summer? At a park you always say you'd personally never visit because it's so crap? But apparently it's good enough for me? As a present? ****ing insulting.

Aaaaaand, on top of it all, not a mention of a gift for our baby. No intimate family only baby shower for us, even though that's apparently a "family tradition". Not even a cheap onesie in a plastic packet. ****all. Yes, fine, my kid isn't even here yet, but it still hurts, especially when I think of all the money we've spent on their kids over the years (not to mention baby shower presents). And no, we won't be seeing them until after next Christmas, so I doubt we'll be having the "family tradition" baby shower, and if a friend in my home town hosted one for me, none of them would attend because we live "too far away" (yet we're expected to trek out here several times a year).

God, I sound like a whiny, materialistic bitch, and I hate that I do. I am telling myself that I'm just being hormonal and that I'll look back on this one day and laugh, but right now, as I'm sitting here, it hurts.

Phew. Sorry to word vomit like that all over the thread. We head back home tomorrow, so hopefully I'll check in with a more positive attitude during the week. Hope everyone else is doing better than I am!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trekkie|1421533782|3818172 said:
Hormonal as hell. We've spent the past week with DH's family in Cape Town and bloody hell, has it been pretty far from the holiday it was meant to be.

Quite apart from the fact that I don't like staying in someone else's home, it has also been bloody hot (100F+). His mom has issues about cold and loves hot weather, so all the doors and windows are kept shut all the time so that the heat is trapped inside. Not fun.

Then there's the bit I actually feel pretty ashamed about. I hate being bratty and realise this is probably due to me being hormonal, but I'm still hurt by it and have to get it off my chest. We live 10 hours away and didn't see DH's family over Christmas, so we were only able to give them their presents when we saw them over this week. We went to great trouble and expense to get his sisters and their respective husbands and daughters (each sister has a daughter) thoughtful presents. It was not cheap. Today, the day before we were meant to leave, we were told oh btw, our present is a night at a national park an hour away from where we live, to be claimed before baby gets here. A shitty national park that we never go to because it's well known for being so ****ing crap. No one in the family goes there because it's so crap. A night away is a night away right? Well... It's in a tent. Without aircon. In the middle of the South African summer. Thought that counts? Yeah, maybe... But this thought is a JOINT gift for me and DH, from BOTH his sisters and cost less than any one of the presents we bought for even one of the six of them.

I feel insulted. They all have great jobs earning way more than DH and I earn combined. They're always showing off with their nice things and going various overseas holidays. It's not like they couldn't afford to get us something nice. Monetary value aside, who the [censored] gets a pregnant woman a night in a tent in the middle of an African summer? At a park you always say you'd personally never visit because it's so crap? But apparently it's good enough for me? As a present? ****ing insulting.

Aaaaaand, on top of it all, not a mention of a gift for our baby. No intimate family only baby shower for us, even though that's apparently a "family tradition". Not even a cheap onesie in a plastic packet. ****all. Yes, fine, my kid isn't even here yet, but it still hurts, especially when I think of all the money we've spent on their kids over the years (not to mention baby shower presents). And no, we won't be seeing them until after next Christmas, so I doubt we'll be having the "family tradition" baby shower, and if a friend in my home town hosted one for me, none of them would attend because we live "too far away" (yet we're expected to trek out here several times a year).

God, I sound like a whiny, materialistic bitch, and I hate that I do. I am telling myself that I'm just being hormonal and that I'll look back on this one day and laugh, but right now, as I'm sitting here, it hurts.

Phew. Sorry to word vomit like that all over the thread. We head back home tomorrow, so hopefully I'll check in with a more positive attitude during the week. Hope everyone else is doing better than I am!

Don't apologize. I know the feeling. Its amazing how insensitive in-laws can be.

The idea of being hot sleeping on the ground makes me literally rage.

AFM: I was having preeetty goof contractions the last half of yesterday and overnight. But they have stopped and haven't had them all day.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Trekkie|1421533782|3818172 said:

I feel insulted. They all have great jobs earning way more than DH and I earn combined. They're always showing off with their nice things and going various overseas holidays. It's not like they couldn't afford to get us something nice. Monetary value aside, who the [censored] gets a pregnant woman a night in a tent in the middle of an African summer? At a park you always say you'd personally never visit because it's so crap? But apparently it's good enough for me? As a present? ****ing insulting.

Trekkie - I am also someone who puts a lot of effort into Christmas for the family and am (often) disappointed at what comes in return. It isn't about the $$ spent - it is about the lack of thought. WHO would send a preggo to sleep in a tent in the heat? WTF.

That sucks. Big time. Sell the gift card online or just throw it out. Then go to the spa.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Trekkie, that sucks! I'm angry for you! Don't think about it too much though, it's more important that you try to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
38+6

Still trucking. Had an apt today and only 2-3 cm.

She's got an ultrasound scheduled for me Friday to see how much of a fatty this guy will be.

Annoyed as F at everyone asking me about this baby and when its due. I'm not a social person. I know this baby belly makes me seem more personable, but I'm not. And I feel like sh!t, everyone needs to leave me alone. Lol

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1421788320|3819453 said:
38+6

She's got an ultrasound scheduled for me Friday to see how much of a fatty this guy will be.

Annoyed as F at everyone asking me about this baby and when its due. I'm not a social person. I know this baby belly makes me seem more personable, but I'm not. And I feel like sh!t, everyone needs to leave me alone. Lol
Haha, I get that stuff all the time and have gotten it since the beginning of the year.

"Wow, you're still here?"

"You're going to lunch? You might not come back!"

"You're so close!" (this is when I was just walking by a coworker's desk, I didn't even initiate a conversation with her)

Late pregnancy is apparently designed to suck so women don't dread L&D so much.

Of course, when I get on the bus and want my pregnancy to be acknowledged, no one does and no one will give up their seat for me right away - eventually, someone will feel guilty enough to do so, but it's certainly not instantaneous.

38+3, no perceptible Braxton-Hicks yet. I keep telling myself that no one's been pregnant forever.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMC|1421807163|3819592 said:
Niel|1421788320|3819453 said:
38+6

Haha, I get that stuff all the time and have gotten it since the beginning of the year.

"Wow, you're still here?"

"You're going to lunch? You might not come back!"

"You're so close!" (this is when I was just walking by a coworker's desk, I didn't even initiate a conversation with her)

Late pregnancy is apparently designed to suck so women don't dread L&D so much.

Of course, when I get on the bus and want my pregnancy to be acknowledged, no one does and no one will give up their seat for me right away - eventually, someone will feel guilty enough to do so, but it's certainly not instantaneous.

38+3, no perceptible Braxton-Hicks yet. I keep telling myself that no one's been pregnant forever.

I know what you mean about the bus... At my work we have meeting a few times a week in a soft seating area. There's maybe room for 4 people in the sofa and then everyone else stands around there. Not once my entire pregnancy has someone offered to get up out of the sofa and let me sit down. So I end up standing for 15-30 minute just uncomfortable and stewing with rage. I'm not a random person I'm your fing coworker, shame ALONE should get you to offered me a seat, let alone the fact I have to see you daily.

Don't worry, that baby will come out. My first pregnancy I think I was 5 cm dilated before I ever felt a contraction. Here's to hoping you get good news from the doc.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Trekkie- I think the "gift" was really thoughtless. I would be mad and hurt.

I stopped my contraction meds Sunday night. Since then, my contractions have gotten more frequent and more intense. They are basically every 5 minutes or so. Definitely worse when I'm sitting or on my feet, so I'm trying to lay down as much as possible. My CS is on Monday and I have taken this week off- there's just no way for me to be at work. Oh, and my BP was 150/90 yesterday so my OB wanted me at home as well. I'm still not dilated at all- OB thinks it's because his head is so big that it isn't putting pressure on my cervix.

I have noticed increased CM since lay night, where I had been totally dry until this point. Hopefully it means things are changing. Really ready to not be pregnant.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
So in my city (Toronto) there is a real hate-on for preggos and parents. If there is an article in the newspaper about strollers or discounted children's rates on transit, or subsidized daycare, the people that come out of the woodwork to complain about 'breeders' and how it is our CHOICE to have children so you should deal with what comes (ie pay full pop for transit, or walk instead of taking the bus, and pay 2200 per month for daycare even if you make 40K a year). And with that attitude comes the 'seat-issue' on the bus/street car/subway.

Basically, when 99% of Torontonians see a preggo on public transit, they fall asleep or become SO engrossed in their game of candy crush that they can't see the large belly almost hitting them in the face. It is amazing. I am the best sleep-inducer around. Forget drugs...my belly just makes people pass out.

So the general consensus (from the a-holes here) is that preggos should ASK for a seat. That's right...it is on us to ask as opposed to waiting for an offer (because of 'that one time' someone offered a seat to someone who looked pregnant....seriously - everyone has a story like that to justify their jerkiness).

So girls - when you get on the bus, find the guy who is faking sleep, bump them in the side of the head with your belly and ask for the seat. Let them feel like the jerks for not getting up!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Amc, why did your doctor ask you to stop taking the contraction-preventing meds? I'd think that she wouldn't want you to go into full-on labor before your scheduled c-section date. Either way, best of luck - you're literally down to the last few days!

MuffDog, your post made me lol. I think that most people here in Seattle know that they're supposed to give up a seat for the disabled, pregnant, and elderly, but people often pretend they don't see. I've noticed that it tends to be the middle-aged women (who've probably been pregnant before) who give up their seats for me. My friend in NYC would tap people on the shoulder and ask them for seats outright too while she was pregnant. I always feel like I should try this, but I chicken out every time.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Muffdog- that's crazy. When did common courtesy completely go out the window?

SMC- you know, I'm not sure exactly. The same thing happened when I was on it with B. They basically just use it to get you to a safe point and then have you stop taking it. I do know that part of the problem is if your BP is normal, it makes you feel really crappy, since it's originally used as a BP medication. I'm very curious to see if I dilated at all at my appointment tomorrow.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, everyone. I know I'm overreacting and probably hormonal but knowing this doesn't make it hurt any less. Usually I have a 10 second memory when it comes to being angry and am incapable of holding a grudge, but in this case I'm still angry. I'm hoping I'll be able to let it go, and soon.

MuffDog - It wasn't even a gift card, just a "by the way", so I have nothing to sell. I simply won't be going, and tbh, I doubt they'd care enough to ask why we haven't gone. Loved your description of public transport in Toronto! It literally had me laughing out loud!

How is everyone else doing? Neil, AMC and SMC, you ladies are in the home stretch! How are you feeling, other than "get this baby out of me"? Does the pelvic pain get worse? Also, I'm only 25w3d and I feel like I'm peeing ALL THE TIME and I'm worried about what I'll be like towards the end! Does it get worse or just sort of stabilise? So many questions, lol.

Also, Circe popped in here once to say that she was pregnant but I don't think she commented after that. Circe, are you still around? :) I think you might have graduated to a healthy baby by now, if so, congratulations!! If still pregnant, hope it's going well. :)

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Trekkie|1421939349|3820359 said:
Thank you, everyone. I know I'm overreacting and probably hormonal but knowing this doesn't make it hurt any less. Usually I have a 10 second memory when it comes to being angry and am incapable of holding a grudge, but in this case I'm still angry. I'm hoping I'll be able to let it go, and soon.

MuffDog - It wasn't even a gift card, just a "by the way", so I have nothing to sell. I simply won't be going, and tbh, I doubt they'd care enough to ask why we haven't gone. Loved your description of public transport in Toronto! It literally had me laughing out loud!

How is everyone else doing? Neil, AMC and SMC, you ladies are in the home stretch! How are you feeling, other than "get this baby out of me"? Does the pelvic pain get worse? Also, I'm only 25w3d and I feel like I'm peeing ALL THE TIME and I'm worried about what I'll be like towards the end! Does it get worse or just sort of stabilise? So many questions, lol.

Also, Circe popped in here once to say that she was pregnant but I don't think she commented after that. Circe, are you still around? :) I think you might have graduated to a healthy baby by now, if so, congratulations!! If still pregnant, hope it's going well. :)
I didn't really get pelvic pain until these last two weeks or so and it's not so bad. I can't imagine that it would get better since the baby only gets heavier. I recommend seeing a chiropractor - I've been seeing one at least once (sometimes twice) a week and my back pain is actually manageable now. And I've gotten so much bigger than I was before! I'm also getting massages once a week.

I thought I peed a lot in the first trimester and that went away in the second trimester. It returned in the last couple of weeks though and I usually get up at least once a night. Last night, I didn't get up at all, and I was amazed.

AFM, 38w5d - I had another checkup today and I've made no real progress since last week. Still only 60% effaced, not dilated, and baby is still high up. My doctor says she will probably not be out by my due date - I wanted her out by the Super Bowl and that's not looking likely! Kind of bummed about this - I know lots of first time moms are late, but it doesn't make my own situation any more tiresome.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Trekkie- I had a lot of pain down there this time. It constantly felt like I was being kicked in the crotch. OB said it was round ligament pain and not a whole lot could be done. Some days were worse than others, so I'm assuming it depended on baby's position.

I just got back from my appt (37w5d). Despite contractions every 5 minutes for the past 3.5 days, I'm still closed. My doctor was amazed. So unless something drastic happens, it looks like I will make my CS on Monday. Sort of crazy that I only have 4 days to go, but I'm pretty sure it will be the longest 4 days ever.

DH and I made a list of things to do to get ready for baby (and my mom coming) and are almost done. So I guess it's good that we have a few more days!

I guess I will be home for the Super Bowl. I have an adorable football outfit (with leg warmers!) for baby so at least I can make use of that.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I remember, the issue of peeing is two fold.

In your first trimester you're peeing more because of your hormones, not necessarily the baby itself. At a certain point toward the end of your second start of your third, you start peeing more becuase the baby is on the bladder.

I do think it stablizes. But it also fluctuates based on where your baby is in your belly. I've dropped, and I think that's made it worse.

Back pain? I dunno. I don't remember how I was 2 weeks ago even! Lol.

Ultrasound tomorrow, we shall see what they say about the size. They underestimated M, so I don't know what to think.

No name picked out. I'm so frustrated about it.

Someone told me I "look like a basketball" today .......

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I'm having a lot of trouble peeing right now. I feel like an old man with prostate issues. I will be about ready to pee my pants, sit down to I, and barely any comes out. I guess baby is just in the right spot.

Pregnancy is SO fun. Said nobody, ever.

Niel, sorry about still not having a name. Maybe just flip a coin at this point :)

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc - Try walking around? I had this happen in early pregnancy, in the middle of the night, a few times. I read that it would help to walk around, and it did! Not sure if this is different later in pregnancy, but hopefully not!!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Loves Vintage|1421968019|3820633 said:
amc - Try walking around? I had this happen in early pregnancy, in the middle of the night, a few times. I read that it would help to walk around, and it did! Not sure if this is different later in pregnancy, but hopefully not!!

I will try that, thank you. I also try rocking back and forth on the toilet which used to work, but not so much any more. 4 days. 4 more days.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1421976427|3820688 said:

I will try that, thank you. I also try rocking back and forth on the toilet which used to work, but not so much any more. 4 days. 4 more days.
4 more days!

SMC

Ideal_Rock

Amc, I know I shouldn't be envious of your situation - but I am. 4 more days. I will be lucky if mine comes within 14 days. So ready for her to come out!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMC|1421983601|3820720 said:

Amc, I know I shouldn't be envious of your situation - but I am. 4 more days. I will be lucky if mine comes within 14 days. So ready for her to come out!

Going over really isn't the end of the world,though I know you hate being pregnant. Your baby is healthy, sound like it'll be average sized, and February birth stone is lovely ;-)

And once you have her you'll never NOT have her. Maybe go out to eat? Or if you can't muster the energy make your husband get some good take out.

Do you get ant prepartum leave? That could help. My bed rest used up my FMLA so I don't, but if you do totally consider it.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1422016781|3820825 said:

Going over really isn't the end of the world,though I know you hate being pregnant. Your baby is healthy, sound like it'll be average sized, and February birth stone is lovely ;-)

And once you have her you'll never NOT have her. Maybe go out to eat? Or if you can't muster the energy make your husband get some good take out.

Do you get ant prepartum leave? That could help. My bed rest used up my FMLA so I don't, but if you do totally consider it.
Haha, we go out to eat or get takeout every night. We've never been people who cook at home (though I think that might change when baby comes).

I completely realize that many first time moms go over, but I will still hold it over her head for the rest of her life. Whenever she is late for something in the future, I'll be like "this is just like the time when you were born." :)

Btw, I really wanted her to be born in January so she can claim the garnet as her birthstone. I dislike amethyst because I dislike the color purple (yes, I know there are different colors of amethyst, but the mainstream version is usually purple). Oh well, no control over it now - maybe I will grow to like amethyst/purple because of her!

I'm working until my due date so I can get max paid time for after the baby. Going to take my 8 weeks paid leave and then 10 more weeks on top of that (unpaid).

My mom is coming tomorrow and will be staying for about a month!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMC|1422029908|3820893 said:
Niel|1422016781|3820825 said:

Haha, we go out to eat or get takeout every night. We've never been people who cook at home (though I think that might change when baby comes).

I completely realize that many first time moms go over, but I will still hold it over her head for the rest of her life. Whenever she is late for something in the future, I'll be like "this is just like the time when you were born." :)

Btw, I really wanted her to be born in January so she can claim the garnet as her birthstone. I dislike amethyst because I dislike the color purple (yes, I know there are different colors of amethyst, but the mainstream version is usually purple). Oh well, no control over it now - maybe I will grow to like amethyst/purple because of her!

I'm working until my due date so I can get max paid time for after the baby. Going to take my 8 weeks paid leave and then 10 more weeks on top of that (unpaid).

My mom is coming tomorrow and will be staying for about a month!

Hmm. What else is suppose to induce naturally? Sex and spicy foods I know. Do we know anything else? I'd try that!

I know ammy isn't my favorite either haha. I was trying to be positive about it as it'll probably be this ones too. I keep saying "cab ammys can be soooo cool"

I just keep trying to tell myself how lucky I am that he's in there for this long, especially sense he nearly wasn't.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results