shape
carat
color
clarity

Spinel, fire opal, yellow FCD:s, coral, emerald

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All,

I'm trying to patiently await two projects. So I had a photo shoot of recent and not so recent project.

First up is an asscher fancy light yellow diamond, 1 ct with asscher side stones. My first FCD, I got it from Diamonds by Lauren. Sorry not to have more pictures, it and some friends are being set into a ring by Annette Tillander at this time.

_26099.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Here is something that Sally made, I gave it to my daughter for her birthday. There are yellow sapphires from Multicolour set in yellow gold and the sweetest pink pear cut spinel set in yellow gold with tiny diamonds. The only thing I was bummed out about was that, unset, the spinel was orangish pink, but the yellow gold ate that up.

_26100.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Next a fun necklace with purple spinels from Tan, sapphires from Mastercutgems and emeralds from Sally, who designed the necklace. Which is all silver. I wear this with the emerald cabochon rose gold ring also from Sally at Heart of Water Jewels.

_26101.jpg

_26102.jpg

_26103.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
More pictures of the emerald. Of course, it is tiny, but I've noticed that the vivid gems are the ones that I use again and again, regardless of size.

_26104.jpg

_26105.jpg

_26106.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Then, my darling. Vivid fancy yellow diamond, 0,38 ct, set in white gold with teeny tiny yellow gold prongs. You should see it in daylight! I don't know what is the yellow equivalent of kryptonite, but this is it. Someone on PS gave me the advice, when I asked about FCD:s, to buy the most vivid color I could afford and they were right. I love love love this one. A real yellow.

_26107.jpg

_26108.jpg

_26109.jpg

_26110.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Then another favorite, from Sally again. The heart shaped spinel is strongly saturated, a bit hazy. I won it from Tan in an auction during the crazy days. In some pictures it is with a fire opal pendant. The settings are yellow gold.

_26111.jpg

_26112.jpg

_26113.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Then a coral ring from Linda Blumel Designs at Etsy. I heartily recommend her, the quality is exceptional and she is super nice. I wanted a ring to match these earrings that I got from my aunt for my sixteenth birthday. The ring is wonderful!

_26117.jpg

_26118.jpg

_26119.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
And to finish up with, a group shot. Thanks for letting me share and for watching! :bigsmile:

_26120.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great photoshoot! I've enjoyed it. I especially love the vivid color of your cab emerald :love:

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!!! :love:

What beautiful pieces. You have a great eye for choosing stones, and you're right even the smaller vivid ones just stand out and say "look at me!" I have to remember that, because I sometimes get stuck in the mindset of bigger is always better, which you've clearly shown is not the case!

Did you come up with the setting designs? I find them very inspiring. Your coral cab ring gives me an idea for a spess cab I've been wondering how to set... :naughty:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
All are really really pretty.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely projects!! The emerald cab ring is just the sort of thing I would wear a lot too -- beautiful, simple, sturdy. Love the silver Y necklace too. Did Sally set your fire opal? I have two that have been sitting around in part because I'm afraid to give them to anyone to set.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooo I love group shots! What are you having done w/the yellow asscher?

CirrusClouds

Rough_Rock
Trade
Beautiful collection!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful projects! I especially love your yellow diamonds, emerald cab and the gemstone station jewellery. I'd love to make a sapphire DBTY style bracelet or necklace one day! :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eye candies, thanks for sharing!

DK :))

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
You have great taste. I love the pink cab in your group shot.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much. =) I'm glad to have you to share these with.

sparkleismyfavcolor - thanks! :)) In most of the designs by Sally, we cooperate with the designs. Sally is wonderful at interpreting wishes and symbolism into her designs. The coral ring was designed by Linda, https://www.etsy.com/shop/LindaBlumel , she is wonderful to work with. I hope you post pictures once you set your spess! =)

enbcfsobe - thank you! Yes, Sally and her team set the fire opal, I completely trust her team with any gem and design, it's a good value and such wonderful communication.

packrat - thanks for asking, I love telling about it :bigsmile: ! :D It's a ring by Annette in white gold, with an asscher spinel cut by Daniel at customgemstones, the asscher light yellow fcd, a pear fancy deep yellowish orange and a tiny cushion fancy vivid yellow orange and some other small diamonds for accents, as per Annette's imagination and design. I think she is the only person I know of on this planet that I would trust with this weird combo. The colors go together wonderfully and I can't wait to see the design.

ricezo - thank you :) I would love to see the necklace if you decide to have it designed.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That yellow asscher makes my heart pitter patter!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mariedtiger|1421502627|3817972 said:
More pictures of the emerald. Of course, it is tiny, but I've noticed that the vivid gems are the ones that I use again and again, regardless of size.

If a stone is vivid, it doesn't matter the size, it will show up a mile away.

Great pieces, and that vivid yellow heart is gorgeous.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have the most beautiful jewelry, MT! I loved scrolling through them all. What is that lovely hexagon bezel ring in white metal? I love it!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful collection. Simply gorgeous!

I especially love the silver necklace with spinels, sapphire and emeralds. Is it a lariat or is that purple spinel cushion fixed in place? I'm starting to feel very attracted to lariat-type necklaces. :D

Oh, so it was you who purchased the baby emerald ring! I saw it on Sally's Etsy page and it looked absolutely adorable. I'm so glad it went to a good home -- thank you for posting additional photos, including hand shots! :love:

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1421606411|3818490 said:
That yellow asscher makes my heart pitter patter!

Thanks! I miss it already =)

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1421607719|3818494 said:
mariedtiger|1421502627|3817972 said:

Great pieces, and that vivid yellow heart is gorgeous.

TL, that is so true. I kept wondering what it was about fancy diamonds that was so special, but not anymore. The combination of color and sparkle is extraordinary.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
ilovegemstones|1421641215|3818722 said:
You have the most beautiful jewelry, MT! I loved scrolling through them all. What is that lovely hexagon bezel ring in white metal? I love it!

thank you ilovegemstones <3 The hexagon is a tourmaline that I got as a present when my daughter was born, it's set by Sally and I will give it to my little girl when she turns 16. She often looks at it and tries it on her as of yet tiny hand. =)

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
mochiko42|1421643032|3818729 said:

I especially love the silver necklace with spinels, sapphire and emeralds. Is it a lariat or is that purple spinel cushion fixed in place? I'm starting to feel very attracted to lariat-type necklaces. :D

Oh, so it was you who purchased the baby emerald ring! I saw it on Sally's Etsy page and it looked absolutely adorable. I'm so glad it went to a good home -- thank you for posting additional photos, including hand shots! :love:

Thank you for your kind words, mochiko24! The purple spinel is fixed in place, usually I don't like that because they tend to flip, but now that the dangle is pretty long and weighs the whole thing down, it works really well. Lariat type necklaces are the best! So feminine and sparkly, yet possible to wear every day. :dance: :Up_to_something: You definitely need some of those. :naughty:

I had the baby emerald on my wish list for ages and kept asking Sally about it. Then I just bought it and haven't regretted it. Vivid is vivid and Sally knows her gems.

kimpnoth

Rough_Rock

That makes at least three of us who were eying that emerald. Me too, glad you got it.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
kimpnoth|1421772685|3819352 said:

That makes at least three of us who were eying that emerald. Me too, glad you got it.

Now I'm glad I posted so many pictures. :bigsmile:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed! All your stones are just popping out from my screen.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1421845125|3819777 said:
Agreed! All your stones are just popping out from my screen.
Thank you Chrono! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results