shape
carat
color
clarity

Derma Roller

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have any experience with one. My mother was talking about it, and I was intrigued by the idea. Not sure of it's a fab, or if it really works.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I have one. I purchased one after receiving a round of Clear & Brilliant laser treatments from my plastic surgeon friend. The C & B laser works by punching microscopic holes in your face and your skin has to work to repair it (leaving you with younger-looking skin). When I came across the dermal roller, the concept seemed similar to me, so I purchased it. I don't use it often enough to say that it has made any transformations in my skin.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I researched it quite a bit. No it isn't fake and it does work and can have some really amazing results.

HOWEVER, my research also dug up the pitfalls of navigating the sourcing of quality rollers(there are a lot of bad ones out there), choosing the correct blade depth for whatever area of the body and issue you want to treat, proper sterilization, possible skin infections, etc. So, while I am sure it works over time, in a home setting, I just think there are too many ways in which the whole thing can go pear-shaped on you if you get a piece of the puzzle wrong. It's best to be fully FULLY informed before you start cutting even micro-holes in your face, you know?

This piece is far too technical for most people, myself included, but scroll down and just read the part on microneedling complications. It might make you think twice to see some of the possible outcomes of mishaps.

http://barefacedtruth.com/2014/10/21/cosmeceuticals-applied-skin-microneedling-safety-efficacy-restoration-sanity/#comment-416224

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I bought one to help an indented scar. It made absolutely no difference.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results