• A. Yes

Votes: 64 80.0%
  • B. No

Votes: 16 20.0%

• Total voters

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine doesn't. My brothers don't either. My dad never did. When I asked my hubby if he planned to wear it, he said he'd try it, but bc he works with his hands, he would prefer not to. And he also hates to wear jewelry, period. He doesn't even wear a watch. Forget about bracelet, chains...nothing. Anyhow, I didn't pressure him because I'm used to the other men in my life, who are all very loving husbands, not wearing a band. I don't think it's a reflection of a man's loyalty. But I am curious to see how others respond to this question.
ETA: If you are a male Pser, feel free to respond or to vote. I don't know how to edit the poll. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Medical

Rough_Rock
Guy here. Interesting question. I plan on wearing a band- but I play dress up a lot for clinic- watch, tie clip, etc. As to the nature of wearing a band and loyalty, I doubt there's a statistically significant difference- guys who wear a band can still be disloyal and vice versa. I don't have any studies to back that up though- lol. I wouldn't sweat it.

mdmc

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes , every day for 30 years. Actually he dosen't like to take it off. We started off with yellow gold. I upgraded a couple of years ago and went with platinum. He was going to change his band to white gold and just could not do it. He's more sentimental in that department than I am. :love:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes and no. To work and around the house, no, he doesn't wear his. He wears it socially though so it gets worn several times a week at the evenings and weekends. He works with his hands so I'm quite glad that it doesn't wear it to work! He wears an everyday watch to work depending on what he's doing but often that gets left behind as well.

We're going to the theatre this evening and I know his ring was at home when I left the house after he did today. If following his normal pattern he'll come from work and do his version of getting ready - shower, hair gel, polish shoes, put on cologne, and wear his dress watch and wedding ring out this evening.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband does, though not while working as its in a factory.

My sister's husband doesn't, nor does my father, nor my grandfather on either side. All worked with their hands or at factories their whole lives. From what I heard my grandfather on (I think) my father's side used to but it got crushed at work and never replaced it.

I suppose no, my sisters husband doesn't work with his hands- but my sister growing up with no men with rings found the tradition odd and decided to forgo it. I think that may change as think my BIL might WANT to wear one.

I told my husband he didn't have to, but as all the men in his family do,he wanted to. He takes it very seriously actually and I have to admit I was surprised by it as,like my sister, I never had put much stock in it.
I do think its sweet however that he does.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He only wears it when going out and knows that he won't be using his hands a lot. It is removed as soon as he is home.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
My husband wears one daily. The only time he doesn't wear one is when he showers. His original is a yellow gold milgrain band (not my preference but also not my ring!). He also wears his dad's white gold wedding ring very infrequently, a low dome rose gold band I got him, and a palladium band that has our kids' names and birthstones inside. But 95% of the time he wears his original yellow gold ring.

My dad always wore his. I think my father-in-law always wore his, though he worked with his hands (not in a factory though). Don't know if my grandfather wore one, as he was an NYC fireman.

ooeemusic

Shiny_Rock
Mu husband does not wear a wedding band every day. He will were it if we go out together somewhere and give it to him to put on. He was in the Navy for 10 years while he was married the 1st time and he was not allowed to wear a wedding band while at work because of the risk of injury if you hand got caught on something. He now works in the medical field and can't really wear one at work because he is washing is hands all day with harsh soaps and dealing with meds/chemicals etc. So basically, much to my dismay(!) he has never gotten in the habit, nor does he like, wearing a wedding ring.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH is an office worker. He wears a 3mm comfort fit band to work and social events. Doesn't wear it at home or when we're out and about together on weekends. My father never wore his but FIL does wear one daily.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
yes, 24-7

Ideal_Polish

Rough_Rock
Trade
I only wear mine on date nights and special occasions. It seems like quite a few of us have issues working with our hands here and having jewelry on. I am left handed though, so I think I am even more prone to a ring getting in the way. Personally, I've had trouble finding a ring that feels comfortable. After approximately 2-3 hours, I just can't wear one anymore. I think I might have found a good wedding ring option though finally, but my wife understands completely. And like another poster here, I only wear watches on special occasions as well.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope, but I knew that going in. He hates jewelry and watches. Hell, he doesn't even wear pants at home. So I knew he wouldn't. We got him one he liked for the ceremony exchange, and he will wear it to other weddings and special events, but that's about it. He claims he knows where in the house it is, but I have not a clue where he has it. I don't really care either way, just like he doesn't really care that I almost never wear mine, despite how much we have sunk into mine ;-) I work with my hands and I don't like having rings on when I do it. We know we're married, as do our friends and family and anyone else that "wants to know" our status? Who gives a rip!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MIne has never removed his in 20 years

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WillyDiamond|1421415632|3817333 said:
yes, 24-7

This! +1. He never takes it off. It was a little too big and when we sent it off for sizing he was bummed...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes my dh wears a wedding band most of the time. He removes it when he is woodworking, showering or sleeping. He has a few wedding bands and likes to mix it up depending on what he is wearing. The only other jewelry he wears are watches of which he has many and always varies the watch he is wearing depending on mood and outfit. Just like his dw likes to do with her jewelry. ;))

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hubby wears one all the time, its tungsten...

Groucho

Rough_Rock
My husband doesn't wear a wedding ring and I never gave him one. His rationale: none of the men in his family wear wedding rings and he is allergic to nickel. Early on, it bothered me that he didn't wear a ring. However, twenty seven years later, while I still tease him about being ring-less from time to time, it seems like a pretty minor thing.

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Mine wears his all the time. He lost the first one when it fell off his finger in the winter time. I guess having big knuckles can be a blessing.

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
Mine wears one. I believe it only holds as much symbolism as far as loyalty/fidelity as the person wearing it attaches to it, otherwise it's just adornment. Not that there is anything wrong with adornment... ;-)

My H doesn't wear any jewelry other than his wedding band, but I'd like to get him a RHR at some point. Maybe a little AVC pinky ring? I think it would look cool.

ipodobe

Rough_Rock
Yes, all except for when he's working out, as it can get in the way or get damaged. He also has a RHR I got him many years ago (before we were engaged!) which is a Tiffany square ring, I forget the name but it's discontinued now. We both like it more than his cheapo wedding band. He does work with his hands a lot, so I didn't spend much on his ring, thinking if it were lost or destroyed, we wouldn't be heartbroken.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
My DH wears his 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time he is asking me to help him find his wedding band :lol:
He would lose his head if it wasn't attached.

I honestly don't really care one way or the other if he wears the wedding band or not. He is my husband, lover, protector, best friend and so many other things-- and he has shown all of this to me time and time again by his actions and words throughout the 12 years that I have known him. A band on his finger cannot encompass all that he is to me. Wow- guess I am feeling super sentimental today.

I am in the process of resetting my wedding set this year. Hubby wants to get a new band to match mine.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
My hubby does. But he's kind of like that - super proud of his ring, thinks it's gorgeous and unusual. And he has a job that allows him to wear it. He gets lots of complements from patients all the time too so that reinforces his desire to wear it.

Having said all that, he has fingers shaped like a jeweller's mandrel, meaning on cold days, the ring just flies off his finger! It happened again this past Sunday. He was frantic and convinced it fell down the sink. Low and behold, it's not down the sink, it's attached to a branch in the Christmas tree we just boxed away....Yeah, we're getting sizing balls put in next week!

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
EvangelineG|1421422230|3817397 said:
Mine wears one. I believe it only holds as much symbolism as far as loyalty/fidelity as the person wearing it attaches to it, otherwise it's just adornment. Not that there is anything wrong with adornment... ;-)

Agreed. On both accounts! ;-)

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubby does wear a wedding band, but he has several to choose from:

Channel set .07s (the ones we got married with)
14K Heavy Comfort fit band
14K Light Comfort fit band
Titanium band for backpacking (very light)
Tungsten band - the only one that is NOT scratched up (he's hard on his rings)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cflutist|1421427223|3817437 said:
Hubby does wear a wedding band, but he has several to choose from:

Channel set .07s (the ones we got married with)
14K Heavy Comfort fit band
14K Light Comfort fit band
Titanium band for backpacking (very light)
Tungsten band - the only one that is NOT scratched up (he's hard on his rings)
Cf
You must order a 2.25ct custom cut Infinity for WS ... :naughty: then you two would have a matching pair.. :appl: :love:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wedding band?
Heck! ... He rocks a nice diamond.

screen_shot_2015-01-16_at_11.png

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, he does! His choice. My dad never wore one, and his dad passed away when he was 3 or 4. He insisted on a plain, 6mm wide sterling band. I love the way it looks on him, too! :naughty:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
My husband wears his whenever possible. There are certain times when he has to take it off though, such as doing maintenance work on the Blackhawks or flying them. It simply isn't worth the risk of injuring or losing his finger or hand in order to wear the band.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My husband wears 95% of the time, the only time he takes it off is when he's at the gym, and that is where he lost his platinum comfort fit band a few years ago. He now wears a titanium non-comfort fit band that he says is really uncomfortable, but it has save his finger from being crushed by heavy lab instruments that he works on.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Nope, and we never"exchanged" rings, he just gave me mine.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results