shape
carat
color
clarity

Technical Frustrations!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, I'm hoping PSers who are cleverer than me can help!

I want to use emoticons from the pinned thread in Hangout, but there's an instruction I don't understand. You right-click the emoticon you want, you click "copy", and then it says "Click the image box up the top".

What image box? Up the top of where? I right-click and I click copy and that's it, no image box, no "top". I find this instruction truly mystifying and I hope someone can help!

Secondly, I tried to make an avatar of my pear ring, and no matter how small I sized the photo down, the image was always squashed, as if it was being squeezed on the right and left sides, even when it was, say, 300 KB.

If anyone has the magic answers, I'd love to know. Thanks!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously frustrated now! Can someone help me find the box?

Here's an extract from the instructions:

1) Right click the image you want
2) Select Copy image location
3) click the image box up the top

OK, I have scoured the screen. Scoured it! Where is this image box? When you click "Copy image location" no box opens, and there is no "image box" at the top of the screen of the emoticon thread, neither is there an image box at the top of the "reply" page when trying to post.

An image box.....an image box....am completely lost. Which superior brain will help me unravel this puzzle?

And both the instructions - two ways of doing it - have this mysterious image box.

At the top....at the top....Top of what? Of the screen? Of some other box? Of the mysterious image box which apparently doesn't exist?

It's an enigma. We need a Bletchley Park codebreaker.

Isn't there an easy way of using the emoticons from the emoticon thread?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not all that tech savvy myself but feel free to try these if you like. :bigsmile:

Can't you just copy and paste the emoticon? This answer is a guess pulled from my magical hat.

To prevent squishing of your avatar, make sure it is a perfect square. I stress "perfect" square. Anything less that that will make it squished either on the horizontal or vertical plane. For example, make it 60 x 60 or 30 x 30. This answer is one I'm very sure of.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for replying, Chrono!

You can't just copy and paste, sadly. When you try to highlight the moving emoticon, it doesn't work. You have to right-click and choose "Copy image location"....and then the truly mysterious part about the "image box up the top" comes in.

The process for using the emoticons in the Emoticon thread seems very complicated, which is perhaps why they don't really get used.

If anyone can locate the mysterious "image box" and the even more mysterious "top" I'd be glad to know.

Under "Insert" at the top of the page when typing a reply there is a box on the left with a diamond in it, but using that box didn't work.

Thanks so much for the advice about the avatar. though. I will try that.

:wavey:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
manybounce.gif

Yay, got it to work. Try this instead:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/emoties-that-we-need-around-here.175430/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/emoties-that-we-need-around-here.175430/[/URL]

I think the image box refers to the 4 little "buttons" second from the right, with a diamond, URL, A->A and Line-. You are supposed to use the first box in the group of 4, which is the diamond box, but that doesn't work for me. Instead, I use the URL, then edit the into [img] at the start and end and viola!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The instructions predate Pricescope 2.0 - the re-configured website that was rolled out several years ago. Some of those instructions no longer work, but you can do this: click on the emotie you want and save it to your computer. Then use the "insert image" icon (the far left icon among the "insert" options on top of the reply box) and use that as you normally would to insert the emotie.

woohoo_1.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1421428385|3817452 said:
Under "Insert" at the top of the page when typing a reply there is a box on the left with a diamond in it, but using that box didn't work.

:wavey:

Here's my (admittedly clunky) method for using the "insert image" option:

• I save the image to my computer
    I click on the "insert image" box, then use the "choose file" option and insert the file I just saved to my computer, using my computer's "File: today" feature to find the file, then hit the "save" button
    Then I close and re-open the insert image box. When I re-open the box, the image I want is shown at the bottom of the box and can be selected for use in my post.
    That usually works. It works most reliable when I use the chrome browser, though.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Chrono and VRBeauty!

You officially have codebreaker status, while I'm in charge of the snack cart. :wall: :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results