shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling FCD gurus for opinions please

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainy day purchase here from September ... And it's a rainy day today, so I am thinking about doing something with it in the coming year. I bought it on a whim without a cert (I know, I know, but I *really* didn't spend much on it). It was sold to me as a .69 ct champagne diamond from Australia, SI1, no treatment or heat. When I loupe it, I see no flaws, but I am not an expert. It just looks very clean to me with my eyes and 10x loupe. It really is more yellowish-green in person, kind of a hazel-olive color much like my eye color, which is what drew me to it. It's 6 x 5.10 x 3.30mm.

I am curious what the FCD experts think, what you see, so I can learn what to look for. I know less than squat about FCDs, if it's worth having it cert'd, and if so, by whom might you suggest? Please be as honest as you feel necessary. It may not be everyone's "cup of tea", but I liked the color so I won't be offended if the consensus is that I bought a "dud diamond". LOL I am happy with it so it's cool; it's not an ering stone or anything.

If the thought is it is a $100 diamond, I am really cool with that. But if it's possible the value is much higher (I know nice FCDs usually have higher price tags), and I should consider certifying & insuring it accordingly, I just want to know that before I have it set. And I don't know if it is or isn't.

Any info or opinions are fully welcome & appreciated as much to help me figure out cert options as well as learning. Thanks so much in advance!

Video: http://youtu.be/WvJgd6_VP8U

_26043.jpg

_26044.jpg

_26045.jpg

_26046.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1421288903|3816551 said:
Rainy day purchase here from September ... And it's a rainy day today, so I am thinking about doing something with it in the coming year. I bought it on a whim without a cert (I know, I know, but I *really* didn't spend much on it). It was sold to me as a .69 ct champagne diamond from Australia, SI1, no treatment or heat. When I loupe it, I see no flaws, but I am not an expert. It just looks very clean to me with my eyes and 10x loupe. It really is more yellowish-green in person, kind of a hazel-olive color much like my eye color, which is what drew me to it. It's 6 x 5.10 x 3.30mm.

I am curious what the FCD experts think, what you see, so I can learn what to look for. I know less than squat about FCDs, if it's worth having it cert'd, and if so, by whom might you suggest? Please be as honest as you feel necessary. It may not be everyone's "cup of tea", but I liked the color so I won't be offended if the consensus is that I bought a "dud diamond". LOL I am happy with it so it's cool; it's not an ering stone or anything.

If the thought is it is a $100 diamond, I am really cool with that. But if it's possible the value is much higher (I know nice FCDs usually have higher price tags), and I should consider certifying & insuring it accordingly, I just want to know that before I have it set. And I don't know if it is or isn't.

Any info or opinions are fully welcome & appreciated as much to help me figure out cert options as well as learning. Thanks so much in advance!

Video: http://youtu.be/WvJgd6_VP8U

I have several diamonds that color, and they look fabulous in rose gold. Unfortunately, they're not worth a great deal, but I still think they're very beautiful. I don't think it's worth it to get a lab report. These particular diamonds are usually some combintion of greyish greenish yellowish brownish, which obviously make up the hazel or olive color you're seeing.

Enjoy your lovely diamond.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Where can one find something like this for a fair price?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1421296453|3816606 said:

They're all over ebay, that's where I purchased all of mine. I wouldn't touch ebay for FCD's that are natural pinks, blues or other rare colors, unless it's DBL or Leibish's stores on ebay; however, these diamonds can be found all over ebay for very little. They're quite beautiful, and underrated diamonds. I have several, including a one carat, 1.5 and 2 carat stone, and several sub carat stones I put in a multi-gem FCD ring.

Here's my two carat stone in a rose gold antique style setting, which really brings out the green. It throws a lot of rainbows. I think I was wearing a pink shirt that day, but the blues and yellows in there are from the stone.

greydiamondfoodmacro.jpg

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
TL - that ring is gorgeous. Do you have a recommended Ebay seller for this coloured diamonds?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
BlingObsession|1421298630|3816625 said:
TL - that ring is gorgeous. Do you have a recommended Ebay seller for this coloured diamonds?
Ditto.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it! It is very sparkly and clear; I see cloudy ones all too often. Unfortunately, it isn't worth a lot but I still like it very much.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all! Greatly appreciate your input. I didn't really think of this one so much as "FCD" till I was looking last night at one of the FCD dealers and saw similar colors, and it got me thinking about it more, that maybe I should run this one by someone.

For the good of the group, I did buy this one on ebay, but not by one of the usual gem sellers you see on there. I won the auction for a smidge over $100, so I am happy with it all things considered. It is such a fun little fireball.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1421327116|3816712 said:
Thank you all! Greatly appreciate your input. I didn't really think of this one so much as "FCD" till I was looking last night at one of the FCD dealers and saw similar colors, and it got me thinking about it more, that maybe I should run this one by someone.

For the good of the group, I did buy this one on ebay, but not by one of the usual gem sellers you see on there. I won the auction for a smidge over $100, so I am happy with it all things considered. It is such a fun little fireball.

That's even better!! Congratulations, I love a good deal.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
JoCoJenn|1421327116|3816712 said:

A very nice diamond and I love the shape.

I won several auction too a few years ago - all around 50-150 Dollar...
They have enough diamonds to sell so maybe they use these auctions to find new buyers and accept losing some money - who knows.

Def. worth more then 100$ !! Think of sending it to GIA - you could have an untreated 0,69ct FCD with a GIA report for less then 200$... :D

Compare this with other FCD vendors...

But TL is right - these colors and maybe grey - never blue, pink or vivid yellow!!!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
TL|1421296948|3816609 said:
pregcurious|1421296453|3816606 said:

They're all over ebay, that's where I purchased all of mine. I wouldn't touch ebay for FCD's that are natural pinks, blues or other rare colors, unless it's DBL or Leibish's stores on ebay; however, these diamonds can be found all over ebay for very little. They're quite beautiful, and underrated diamonds. I have several, including a one carat, 1.5 and 2 carat stone, and several sub carat stones I put in a multi-gem FCD ring.

Here's my two carat stone in a rose gold antique style setting, which really brings out the green. It throws a lot of rainbows. I think I was wearing a pink shirt that day, but the blues and yellows in there are from the stone.

greydiamondfoodmacro.jpg
TL, I love your ring. You're adept at picking the right metal color.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pregcurious, thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results