Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1420758237|3813755 said:
amc80|1420757156|3813746 said:
I think you look great! Here's my latest, taken yesterday at 35w4d-
Thanks so do you!
I don't feel like I do lol

But my rings still fit! Its the little victories.

Um, I think that's a huge victory! Coming from someone who had to get their E-Ring cut off :(

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1420759674|3813763 said:
Niel|1420758237|3813755 said:
amc80|1420757156|3813746 said:
I think you look great! Here's my latest, taken yesterday at 35w4d-
Thanks so do you!
I don't feel like I do lol

But my rings still fit! Its the little victories.

Um, I think that's a huge victory! Coming from someone who had to get their E-Ring cut off :(

Oh I was going to ask what ever happened with that. Who cut it off? Who does that? A jeweler or a doctor?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Niel said:
Oh I was going to ask what ever happened with that. Who cut it off? Who does that? A jeweler or a doctor?

The jeweler who made it. They fixed it so you can't even tell, thank goodness!

Huff26

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone :wavey:

I read/lurk on this thread a couple of times a week but haven't really posted. I am 23 weeks right now and I just have this overwhelmed feeling all the time. I think having hyperemesis made me particularly more shy so I apologize for not posting more. I have finally started gaining weight which is awesome because food in general has not been my friend. My only current complaints are insomnia and my back pain. I don't know how you ladies who don't work from home deal with it.

To all you ladies that are almost at the finish line… I am wishing you luck and eagerly reading your updates.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Huff26|1420803221|3813940 said:
Hi everyone :wavey:

I read/lurk on this thread a couple of times a week but haven't really posted. I am 23 weeks right now and I just have this overwhelmed feeling all the time. I think having hyperemesis made me particularly more shy so I apologize for not posting more. I have finally started gaining weight which is awesome because food in general has not been my friend. My only current complaints are insomnia and my back pain. I don't know how you ladies who don't work from home deal with it.

To all you ladies that are almost at the finish line… I am wishing you luck and eagerly reading your updates.
Huff26, glad to hear that you're feeling a little better and you're gaining weight. Hopefully things are on the up and up for you!

I've been dealing with back pain since week 32 or so. I've been getting massages every two weeks (and now switching to every week) which has helped. A lot of massage places accept FSA cards so I've been using that as payment. If it's really bad, you could probably ask your doctor to give you a prescription for massage and then you'll only have to pay whatever you insurance co-pay is. I've also been seeing a chiropractor 2x a week (also covered by insurance) since week 34 or so for adjustments. It feels pretty good once I'm done but I'm usually sore again a day or two afterwards. If I were you, I'd try to do something about the back pain since you still have some time to go.

I work full-time at an office too and my job involves sitting all day. It's not a physically hard job so I can't complain.

Huff26

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the tips SMC! I will definitely look into that. I told my doctor today and she just recommended some tylenol pm at night. I think I'll call back on Monday and ask about the prescription massage.The only thing that currently works is a heating pad on it. :wall:

Also has anyone on here dealt with a move right before delivery? Our house lease ends soonish (early May when I am due) and we are either going to rent or buy a new place(not having much luck on offers- every house we have tried has multiple offers). I am just wondering if I should forgo pretty much all nursery shopping/ baby basics until we know where we are going to be or if I should continue on as normal.

Decisions… decisions…

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Huff26|1420838806|3814257 said:
Thanks so much for the tips SMC! I will definitely look into that. I told my doctor today and she just recommended some tylenol pm at night. I think I'll call back on Monday and ask about the prescription massage.The only thing that currently works is a heating pad on it. :wall:

Also has anyone on here dealt with a move right before delivery? Our house lease ends soonish (early May when I am due) and we are either going to rent or buy a new place(not having much luck on offers- every house we have tried has multiple offers). I am just wondering if I should forgo pretty much all nursery shopping/ baby basics until we know where we are going to be or if I should continue on as normal.

Decisions… decisions…

I'd just wait until you know what you need and what will fit in your new house. Buy a bassinet or a Pack N Play- that will last you at least a couple of months.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, because contractions aren't enough. A giant hemorrhoid appeared yesterday. Probably TMI but whatev. I got a bad one after the 3.5 hours of pushing with B, but it didn't hurt. This is awful and nothing helps. I talked to my OB and she basically said to stay laying down. Super.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1420918097|3814618 said:
Ugh, because contractions aren't enough. A giant hemorrhoid appeared yesterday. Probably TMI but whatev. I got a bad one after the 3.5 hours of pushing with B, but it didn't hurt. This is awful and nothing helps. I talked to my OB and she basically said to stay laying down. Super.
Ugh I'm sorry !

How many more days until the c section??

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Niel said:
Ugh I'm sorry ! How many more days until the c section??
I wish I knew! They want to wait until at least 37 weeks, and that's a week from now.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1420934698|3814722 said:
Niel said:
Ugh I'm sorry ! How many more days until the c section??
I wish I knew! They want to wait until at least 37 weeks, and that's a week from now.
Boo.

At least its nice you'll make it full term.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Amc, sorry about the hemorrhoid - at least the end is in sight!

AFM, I'm just chugging along at 37w2d. Haven't felt a perceptible contraction yet, so I think DD is still tucked in there, unready to come out. My doula suggested I ask my doctor about evening primrose oil to speed things along, but the evidence that it helps is scant, so I'm unsure about it. I might ask my doctor at my next checkup on Thursday. Has anyone else tried it?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
SMC|1421084153|3815312 said:

AFM, I'm just chugging along at 37w2d. Haven't felt a perceptible contraction yet, so I think DD is still tucked in there, unready to come out. My doula suggested I ask my doctor about evening primrose oil to speed things along, but the evidence that it helps is scant, so I'm unsure about it. I might ask my doctor at my next checkup on Thursday. Has anyone else tried it?

Thanks!

Glad to hear you're still doing well. I tried a few things to get DS out, but nothing worked. I apparently have a cervix of steel. My doctor recommended walking up steps or gently bouncing on an exercise ball. Have you been checked recently?

SMC

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1421084975|3815319 said:
SMC|1421084153|3815312 said:

Thanks!

Glad to hear you're still doing well. I tried a few things to get DS out, but nothing worked. I apparently have a cervix of steel. My doctor recommended walking up steps or gently bouncing on an exercise ball. Have you been checked recently?
I got checked last Thursday and the doctor couldn't even get to my cervix because it was too painful. She did say that it was "very posterior" though, which means that it's definitely not ready yet.

I sit on an exercise ball pretty regularly but it's mostly because it helps with the back and pelvic pain. Apparently the average first time mom is 8 days late with her first baby. So I guess I should really think about it like I have 4 weeks to go instead of 3!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In such an Fing mood right now.

I hate when my doctors appointments are late by an hour when they literally take 3 minutes.

Then the receptionist skipped my name on the check in sheet. I alerted her of the fact, and she looked at me like I was crazy. I told her I hadn't checked in and needed to leave a sample. She responded I had checked in and didn't need a sample. Um. Sense when?

Of course caught her mistake like 5 seconds after I went to sit down.

Ugh I'm over these appointments.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1421181360|3815895 said:

I hate when my doctors appointments are late by an hour when they literally take 3 minutes.

Then the receptionist skipped my name on the check in sheet. I alerted her of the fact, and she looked at me like I was crazy. I told her I hadn't checked in and needed to leave a sample. She responded I had checked in and didn't need a sample. Um. Sense when?

Sorry, my doctor's office is the same with the wait times. I try to call about an hour before my appointment to find out if my doctor's running late so I can adjust my arrival accordingly. Good thing there's only a few more doctor's appointments before the big day!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMC|1421190863|3815974 said:
Niel|1421181360|3815895 said:

Sorry, my doctor's office is the same with the wait times. I try to call about an hour before my appointment to find out if my doctor's running late so I can adjust my arrival accordingly. Good thing there's only a few more doctor's appointments before the big day!

The waiting at the office isn't what annoys me. I could go to the grocery store if I wanted to its right across the street. Its just I can't make any plans. I have to give like a 2 hour buffer so I don't get in trouble at work for being late. Or I have to make arrangements with M and its like "hey could you watch her for 45 minutes or maybe 2 hours I dont know"

I know its not my doctors fault so I try not to get annoyed but their receptionists are terrible so they just put you in a bad mood.

She's finally taking my concerns about the babies size seriously. She actually chuckled a little when she checked my records to see how big M was. She knows I all but refuse to get induced, but what can you do if he's that late.
She said ahwa going to give me another ultrasound at 39 weeks to gauge size.

I don't need any antibiotics though so yaaayaaay

amc80

Ideal_Rock
What is it with OBs and long waits? That's one reason I switched from my old doc- it was at least an hour wait every single appointment. My new doc is never more than 15-20 minutes late, and often she is right on time.

Can I vent about my evening? First, the hemorrhoid burst. I know, TMI. The good news is it feels much better. The bad news is trying to figure out how much blood is ok. I'm also doing another 24 hour pee test, so I have to deal with the logistics of keeping things separate. Contractions have been bad this evening as well. THEN, I put B to sleep in our bed (it's fastest and I had things to take care of) and he proceeds to barf all over everything. I get the bed stripped and him down to the couch, piles again. This proceeded to happen 5 more times on various surfaces in our house. So now it's past midnight and I really just want to sleep, but I'm up doing laundry and trying to de-puke the couch. And DH is working graveyard so it's all me. Parenthood can be such a blast!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1421224017|3816157 said:
What is it with OBs and long waits? That's one reason I switched from my old doc- it was at least an hour wait every single appointment. My new doc is never more than 15-20 minutes late, and often she is right on time.

Can I vent about my evening? First, the hemorrhoid burst. I know, TMI. The good news is it feels much better. The bad news is trying to figure out how much blood is ok. I'm also doing another 24 hour pee test, so I have to deal with the logistics of keeping things separate. Contractions have been bad this evening as well. THEN, I put B to sleep in our bed (it's fastest and I had things to take care of) and he proceeds to barf all over everything. I get the bed stripped and him down to the couch, piles again. This proceeded to happen 5 more times on various surfaces in our house. So now it's past midnight and I really just want to sleep, but I'm up doing laundry and trying to de-puke the couch. And DH is working graveyard so it's all me. Parenthood can be such a blast!

Good gracious that sounds like a terrible terrible evening!

I dont fault you one bit having b in bed with you. I do it with m sometimes just because I'm too tired and husband wakes up at 430, so ita not like he can do beadtime duty.

I hope your son is feeling OK. Also I hope for your sake you have this baby soon. It sucks you've been having contractions for so long.

Hugs to you, yesterday sounded balls terrible.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
The wait at the OB's office is one of the primary reasons I switched to a midwife this time around. I've had my midwife appointment cancelled (well, rescheduled) twice because of other births, but other than that the longest I've waited is 10 minutes. MUCH more reasonable!!

AMC80 - you poor thing. That is an AWFUL night for sure. I have a very weak stomach with puke (well, and other things if I'm honest!) and dealing with that much of it? UGH. I hope your son is feeling better (and same to you!)

Niel - glad you don't need antibiotics!!

AFM - still plugging along. Sciatica pain started up a few days ago which is awful. I'm busting out of my clothes at a phenomenal rate and am feeling kind of shitty about my body image. Otherwise, things are fine (thank god) and the baby gives me some good kicks every once in a while to let me know she is okay in there.

Still on the fence name-wise but in my pregnancy induced insomnia last night, I felt very strongly that Serafina was the right choice. That may change tomorrow though haha.

I'm also starting to work on my son's big boy room! Ordered sheets and a duvet cover yesterday!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MuffDog|1421254518|3816278 said:
The wait at the OB's office is one of the primary reasons I switched to a midwife this time around. I've had my midwife appointment cancelled (well, rescheduled) twice because of other births, but other than that the longest I've waited is 10 minutes. MUCH more reasonable!!

AMC80 - you poor thing. That is an AWFUL night for sure. I have a very weak stomach with puke (well, and other things if I'm honest!) and dealing with that much of it? UGH. I hope your son is feeling better (and same to you!)

Niel - glad you don't need antibiotics!!

AFM - still plugging along. Sciatica pain started up a few days ago which is awful. I'm busting out of my clothes at a phenomenal rate and am feeling kind of shitty about my body image. Otherwise, things are fine (thank god) and the baby gives me some good kicks every once in a while to let me know she is okay in there.

Still on the fence name-wise but in my pregnancy induced insomnia last night, I felt very strongly that Serafina was the right choice. That may change tomorrow though haha.

I'm also starting to work on my son's big boy room! Ordered sheets and a duvet cover yesterday!

I did the same with Ms room. She's totally in love with it. Hangs out in there, toys all over. Goes to sleep really good when we leave the door open. I'm really happy with the transition.

I'm still stuck on names too! I ask my husband every day "what's our sons name today?"

Don't feel down about how you look. I know easier said than done, but what you see as a big whale everyone else sees as a beautiful new mom. :)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Hey SMC, did you write to Swistle? I read her post today and the issues sounded pretty familiar :)

Her answer about "a grandma named Riley" is what I was thinking as well. We can't imagine it because there really aren't any grandmas with that name. But in 60 years, this generation will have grown up and there will be Grandma Rileys all over the place.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1421353808|3816978 said:
Hey SMC, did you write to Swistle? I read her post today and the issues sounded pretty familiar :)

Her answer about "a grandma named Riley" is what I was thinking as well. We can't imagine it because there really aren't any grandmas with that name. But in 60 years, this generation will have grown up and there will be Grandma Rileys all over the place.
Haha, yes! That was me. I think that we are likely going with Riley, but she could end up Alexis. I like the Avery suggestion too, but we have a friend who has a daughter named Avery. We weren't particularly fond of her other suggestions.

Went to the doctor today. Measuring 38 at 37.5 weeks - dr remarked that she grew quite a bit in the past week. Dr was able to get to my cervix but I am currently 0cm dilated. She says there's a very good chance that I will be late. My husband is happy because that means that he can watch the Super Bowl. I'm trying to grapple with the fact that I could be pregnant for another 3-4 weeks!

Baby is likely going to be close to if not greater than 8 lbs at this rate!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMC|1421355574|3816991 said:

Haha, yes! That was me. I think that we are likely going with Riley, but she could end up Alexis. I like the Avery suggestion too, but we have a friend who has a daughter named Avery. We weren't particularly fond of her other suggestions.

Went to the doctor today. Measuring 38 at 37.5 weeks - dr remarked that she grew quite a bit in the past week. Dr was able to get to my cervix but I am currently 0cm dilated. She says there's a very good chance that I will be late. My husband is happy because that means that he can watch the Super Bowl. I'm trying to grapple with the fact that I could be pregnant for another 3-4 weeks!

I didn't know of that website. I just googled it. Emailed them too. See od they have an opinion I haven't heard already.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1421357797|3817007 said:

I didn't know of that website. I just googled it. Emailed them too. See od they have an opinion I haven't heard already.

Swistle is the best! I don't usually like her recommendations, but I like what she has to say about names you are considering.

SMC- My CS is currently scheduled for 2/1. It was supposed to be 2/2, but apparently my OB is on call that weekend. I doubt I will make it that long, but having a baby on Superbowl day isn't cool. At least the 49ers are out of it so I won't be missing my team.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1421358353|3817019 said:

Swistle is the best! I don't usually like her recommendations, but I like what she has to say about names you are considering.

SMC- My CS is currently scheduled for 2/1. It was supposed to be 2/2, but apparently my OB is on call that weekend. I doubt I will make it that long, but having a baby on Superbowl day isn't cool. At least the 49ers are out of it so I won't be missing my team.
We live in Seattle and the Seahawks have a good chance of making the Super Bowl again this year. We're not originally from here so we're not as crazy about the Hawks as people in the area, but it's always nice when the city you're in wins the Super Bowl!

I really wanted her to be born in January because I don't like amethyst (I don't like purple), but I guess I can't control it.

Oh, I'm Group B Strep negative too! I was pretty happy about that, something else I won't have to worry about.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I'm GSB+, but since I'm having a CS it doesn't really matter.

Boo 'hawks! I'm really rooting for Green Bay because I can't stand the Seahawks. We are moving to Portland soon and it will be weird to be so close to enemy territory. Although we are huge Duck fans, so at least I've got that.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1421359773|3817034 said:
I'm GSB+, but since I'm having a CS it doesn't really matter.

Boo 'hawks! I'm really rooting for Green Bay because I can't stand the Seahawks. We are moving to Portland soon and it will be weird to be so close to enemy territory. Although we are huge Duck fans, so at least I've got that.
Ugh I don't even know what to do. I hate the pack and I hate the seahawks.

Colts are who I'm cheering for, though I won't be as mad as usual if the pats win as long as they kill it in the Superbowl.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1421358353|3817019 said:

I'm surprised they're still going to make you wait that long when ypu seem pretty close to labor. You'd think they'd rather schedule it than do an emergency one.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1421360678|3817041 said:
I'm surprised they're still going to make you wait that long when ypu seem pretty close to labor. You'd think they'd rather schedule it than do an emergency one.
My practice won't schedule c-sections earlier than 39 weeks unless you have serious medical conditions (intrauterine growth restriction, pre-e, etc). Not to make light of amc's condition, of course - but I guess the dr still thinks that baby is doing well despite the contractions.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results