clarity

A few of my Tahitian pieces

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Multi FW exotic & uniform metallic

IMG_4283_1.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Blue tahitian studs from Manapearl.com and pendant from Tahiti Pearl Market Honolulu (blue and pink with green overtone)

IMG_4284_1.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
From upper left blue studs 9+mm (Manapearl), blue-green studs 9+mm(Manapearl), right side: light green studs from TPO 9+mm, center: peacock studs from PP 9+mm, bottom left: teal blue pearls from Tara Pearls 10+mm attached to white earring findings from PP.

IMG_4285_1.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Tahiti Pearl Market multicolor bracelet on stretch elastic (I knotted b/t pearls in fear of losing all the pearls in case elastic snaps), 8.5-10.7mm; and super metallic oval TPM pearl with different overtone from different angle (wrapped in gold by PP, I didn''t want to drill such a magnificent pearl).

IMG_4287_1.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Different angle of oval pearl.

IMG_4288_1.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Natural color gold akoya and earrings from PP.

IMG_4289_1.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Close-up of earrings. Sized down, the pic didn''t do the pearls justice. They are very metallic.

IMG_4290_1.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pearl collection is just Stunning HHP!! How on earth do you decide what to wear? What do you wear the most often?

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2010 4:54:15 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
Your pearl collection is just Stunning HHP!! How on earth do you decide what to wear? What do you wear the most often?

I pick Tahitians most days. My favorites are my 2 loot strands from PP. They have excellent luster and deep peacock overtone. I don't have pics posted here. **Edited by moderator. Discussion of other forums not allowed**

Some days I have the urge to pile on 3+ strands like Diadiva.
9.gif
, but haven't done it yet. I don't think the ladies in the office like seeing me in my pearls.
9.gif
They always give me mean, funny looks after glancing at my necklaces or earrings.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Oops, I posted those 2 strands'' pics on first page. Hehe. Middle-age memory.
3.gif

HHP
30.gif
30.gif
you must stop showing me things
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
wow so gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I have already found some studs on the manapearl website
30.gif
that i need
30.gif
30.gif
lol

You have a gorgeous collection!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2010 5:28:02 PM
Author: swedish bean
HHP
30.gif
30.gif
you must stop showing me things
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
wow so gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I have already found some studs on the manapearl website
30.gif
that i need
30.gif
30.gif
lol

You have a gorgeous collection!

Sbean, if you decide to purchase from Mana Pearl, email or Skype Nicolas Savary @ [email protected]. Tell him you are very picky when it comes to pearl colors and that you are my friend **Edited by moderator. Discussion of other forums not allowed**. I think their studs are stock pictures. If you want blue pearls or very fussy of certain shades/overtones, tell him to personally pick for you. I had him sent me extra pics. He told me blue is very rare and when they have them, they are usually lower grades, and have not gotten a scientific explanation of why. Also tell him to send them to you via Japan's EMS (he shipped either Mon or Tue and I received Thurs.) so you don't have to pay extra sales taxes slapped by FedEx (their preferred shipper).

Good to know! Thank you
5.gif

I''m going to try to hold off on buying right.this.second -- I have so many wedding expenses that have taken a back seat to my pearl buying lately
10.gif
but those blue studs are so pretty!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2010 5:15:50 PM
Author: HHPmom

Date: 2/27/2010 4:54:15 PM
Author: cushioncutnut

I pick Tahitians most days. My favorites are my 2 loot strands from PP. They have excellent luster and deep peacock overtone. I don''t have pics posted here. **Edited by moderator. Discussion of other forums not allowed**

Some days I have the urge to pile on 3+ strands like Diadiva.
9.gif
, but haven''t done it yet. I don''t think the ladies in the office like seeing me in my pearls.
9.gif
They always give me mean, funny looks after glancing at my necklaces or earrings.

I layered my tahitians today as I went to church this morning. Of course I was thinking of all you gals wearing your layered tahitians so I just had to do it!!!

I will check out that mana pearl site too........... Just what I need.........more enabling!!
3.gif

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
HHP I love your collection, thanks so much for sharing- it is so unbelievably gorgeous, CCN, keep on layering., and goodness woman show us the pictures

ladies, be still my beating heart....I just ordered a silvery gray from Elana with pink overtones...

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
WOW, just WOW!! The colors and luster on your strands, pendants and bracelet, holy Sh!t! Gorgeous. It''s some of the nicest I''ve ever seen. What a stunning collection.
30.gif

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't want to double post, but these pix should be a continuation here. Ella unlocked the thread for me. There are some duplicate posts in the "Show Me Your Pearls" thread (same as these). I've figured out how to post larger pix here by using my photobucket IMG code instead of uploading pix.

Last year I bought some pink and blue pearls from Tahiti Pearl Market (TPM) which were set in the "You and I" pendant (see below with 2 other TPM pendants).

IMG_4016_1.jpg

Earlier this month I picked some loose pearls in Honolulu at Margo Tahitian Pearls, owned by TPM . These are pistachio and peacock on the same gold setting as the pink and blue ones. They are also interchangeable as a pair of earrings.

IMG_4651_1.jpg

Margo and TPM have the most beautiful pastel pearls. They have loose pearls in boxes like these.

IMG_4602_1.jpg

IMG_4603_1.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I was mesmerized by these soft colors. I found a cute pink pearl, then 2 aqua blue ones, thinking I'll make a pendant. It didn't look right with 2 blue ones. Then my husband spotted a light gold, slightly leaning toward light pistachio color. I think the pink, pistachio, blue combo looks really good. I had them drill the pearls and use jeweler's glue to set the bale when I came home. The pistachio and blue came from the least expensive priced box in the store. Pink one has more luster and costs slightly more.

IMG_4665_1.jpg

With flash and a packet with blue on it as color reference:

IMG_4673_1.jpg

Without flash, macro mode:

IMG_4675_1.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
They received new shipment on July 4 when I came to pick up my drilled pearls (I went by myself). They had to show me a purple pearl. I told my husband about it after I left the store. He got curious and wanted to take a look. It's called eggplant (aubergine), I think. At some angle, it's very dark, with some brownish tint, other angle it's purple. He was smitten by it. Because he has a dark green and a silvery green already, he thought this one is "different". I haven't seen an aubergine like it. It's a 14.3mm beauty.

IMG_4646_1.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
When both of us came back so my husband could take a look at the aubergine one, they were pulling out the new boxes from the new shipment. I spotted another pearl and fell in love with its purple halo around green center. The other side of the pearl is grayish green. I asked them to drill it, but am still searching for a bale.

IMG_4653_1.jpg

IMG_4667_1.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I saw this stretch bracelet and wanted it. But one of the sales associate told me if I picked loose pearls (same grade as this bracelet), it would be a little less expensive.

IMG_4624_1.jpg

I picked 15 pearls from the least expensive box again, measured the length in the store and had them drilled. The original intention was to make a bracelet with split rings at both ends to tie ribbon to it and convert to a ribbon necklace. I kept thinking the standard bracelet length is 7" of pearls plus clasp, but it should be around 7" including the clasp. When I came home, it was too large for my wrist. I could not decide which pearl to remove. So now it became a ribbon necklace, can remove ribbon and connect to gold chain for another style.

IMG_4657_1.jpg

IMG_4662_1.jpg

HHPmom- do you have any shots as that as a necklace? I am very curious to see what it looks like!!

As usual, you have the most beautiful tahitians :)

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful collection!!!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
You really do pick some gorgeous pearls. Beautiful additions to your collection.

I'm with Bean- can we get a neck shot? :bigsmile:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
elle_chris said:
You really do pick some gorgeous pearls. Beautiful additions to your collection.

I'm with Bean- can we get a neck shot? :bigsmile:

Elle and Bean, I bought a faux leather bust from the local bead store; and took these shots today. Thank you.

The finding for the pendant was bought in Los Angeles jewelry district, Bella Findings on Hill Street. Jeremy did the mounting job.

IMG_4778_1.jpg

IMG_4779_1.jpg

IMG_4780_1.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
My husband picked and matched this bracelet for me when we were at the PG ruckus in July. These pearls are from Jeremy's AAA 10-11mm loose drop Tahitian lot. The peacock center pearl was placed there on purpose to contrast the rest. My husband is very proud of his work.

Notice that PP's picture is toned down a lot. I can't capture its color and luster either.

Stretch bracelet AAA drop tahitian 10-11mm - finished.jpg

IMG_4798.jpg

IMG_4799.jpg

IMG_4800.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I just want to bump this thread up to the top so some of the lady's who are new to pearls can enjoy one of my favorite threads. HHPmom I know you have added many more pearls to your collection please, pretty please post some pictures of the newbies.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Re:

HHPmom|1267289336|2458705 said:
Tahiti Pearl Market multicolor bracelet on stretch elastic (I knotted b/t pearls in fear of losing all the pearls in case elastic snaps), 8.5-10.7mm; and super metallic oval TPM pearl with different overtone from different angle (wrapped in gold by PP, I didn''t want to drill such a magnificent pearl).
I love this set.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks for bumping this thread 4RanchGirl ... such gorgeous pearls deserve to be brought to our attention again ! :appl:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I would like to see what she did with her SofC pearls she bought at the ruckus.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results