shape
carat
color
clarity

Black Starr & Frost

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

abbott

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to know if anyone has purchased anything from this jewelry store. My girlfriend thinks they are wonderful and carry only high quality diamonds. Can anyone give me their opinion??? Personally, I''ve never heard of them.. Thanks!!! ABBOTT

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whatever they do worked for two centuries already ! LINK

The name is resprected - good news on any estate piece. I do not know what diamond technicals they select.

abbott

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the info..... Any other comments... ABBOTT

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2005 9:25:11 PM
Author: abbott
Thanks for the info..... Any other comments... ABBOTT
Indeed they have a long and established history for quality. They were owned by Gorham at one point. In the past, they shared a very good reputation. I can not comment on their reputation today though. I''m unsure if they aren''t part of a big conclomerate or not.

That said, more than likely, you will be paying a premium to shop with them.

michela002

Shiny_Rock
From what I understand, Black Starr & Frost are much like Tiffanys: you get a great product but at a very inflated price. If you want it to be simple and easy then go for it - I don''t think they will sell you junk, you will probably get something beautiful and of good quality - but you will definitely pay for it!

abbott

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the advice !!!!!! If I was on "Who wants to be a Millionaire"... you guys would be my lifeline..... Abbott

michela002

Shiny_Rock
PS. Just for my 2 cents - unless e-ring money is couch change for you, I''d suggest using BS&F for ideas then going via a PS vendor - you''ll get an amazing stone, a beautiful setting (custom if you want), and for probably half the price! If your GF is hesitant have her surf around reading PS for a few weeks and she''ll come around!
2.gif

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
It''s been quite a few years, but BSF had a local store here and was robbed and subsquently was closed.

Originally BSF was a fine store, but in the corporate takeover world, I believe they were bought by Kay Jewelers.

In the interim they could have been again sold to another entitiy, but thought I let you know what I knew.

May review the corporate year end reports of Kay jewelers, and if they still own it - it would probably be on their year end reports for stockholders.

Rockdoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results