shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this stone...

CassiusNZ

Shiny_Rock
https://www.victorcanera.com/diamonds/e5dwe9

Seeing as I'll most likely be getting the setting through VC (Have emailed a couple of shots through to see if he can make what I'm looking for) what are the opinions on this stone? Im sure as long as the Melee's used by VC are G-H in color there should be no issue with color.. and its his brand of ideal hearts so should face up whiter than a regular I.

Depth Percent 61.8%
Table Percent 55.5%
Crown Angle 34.8°
Pavilion Angle 40.7°
Dimensions (LxWxD) 7.66x7.69x4.75
Fluorescence Negligible
Culet Pointed
Girdles Thin, Slightly Thick
Lower Girdle Facet Percent 52.0%
Star Length Percent 76.0%

ASET's are on the page.. thanks for your input! this should keep my in my budget! :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's fantastic.

CassiusNZ

Shiny_Rock
How about vs this White Flash ACA?

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3157620.htm#

HCA gave it a 1.0 vs 1.1 with that Victor Canera Stone.

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/1.698-i-si1-round-diamond-ags-104074030043#!prettyPhoto[gallery2]/3/

Also this Brian Gavin is in the similar Ball park.

So we have 1.698 BG Sig, 1.716 Canera or 1.808 WF ACA

Questions.. will there be a visible size difference between these? i'm leaning towards just a simple solatire setting like the VC Trueste or even just a Platinum version of the BG Elegance

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/engagement-rings/elegance-platinum-5415p

Reason Im looking to goto maybe a simpler setting is to put more budget into the size of the centre stone.. and then later on 1.5-2years down the track upgrade into one of the Hand built VC Settings.. thus keeping closer to my budget (Around $15-16k)

Thanks all!

CassiusNZ

Shiny_Rock
Oh so scratch the BG Stone.. has a BIG black inclusion that I somehow missed.

So VC Stone vs ACA... thoughts? obviously there is a price difference.. im leaning more towards the ACA Stone based on reviews.. and I can cover the white bubble at 11 oclock with a prong.. and know that diamond is mine.

And in a Solataire setting in platinum itll look nice and big on my gf's size 4 finger! :)

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe all BGD Signature are eye-clean, double check that.

CassiusNZ

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm no i dont think they all are eye-clean.. on SI they usually have underneath 'This stone is eyeclean' under the video.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd probably go for the VC stone personally because you will get some sort of discount on the setting or the stone if you purchase both from him I doubt there will be a visual difference from a HCA of 1.0 or 1.1.

Medical

Rough_Rock
I'm pretty new to this diamond stuff, but from what I can tell the VC and WF both look phenomenal. Personally, I think the biggest difference between the two is the VC is within your budget once you factor in the setting, while the WF breaks it. Also, for the extra 2 grand you get just 4% more top surface area. At that point, I think the size difference is really indistinguishable to the unaided eye. At the end of the day, it's your call and she's extremely lucky to have either- they're magnificent.

CassiusNZ

Shiny_Rock
Thanks team!!! Thats a good point about the difference in size.. not huge.. I guess im going for the look of a 2ct... but as you said $2k more for the ACA.. when a very small noticeable difference.. also the discount off the VC when buying together is enticing.

Do you think if I got the plain Trueste setting now.. and traded that setting in for the pave diamonds in 1.5-2years time they'd give me some sort of credit on the setting? Just wondering!

Thanks again all... any and all opinions are appreciated.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the VC round is lovely & is well priced for the size (diam). And all his settings are lovely so put whatever you would pay for the stone at the other vendors towards a custom from VC. If you get a discount, bonus. :) Plus, if VC bench sets it, you wont have to worry regarding any issues with stone setting. Often times if you buy a stone with one vendor & then have it set at another, they will not take responsibility regarding the stone setting. I might be wrong so I hope other posters chime in. Oh, I think too, that some of the vendors wont set other vendors stones. Another thing to think about! Not like you dont have enough on your plate. All the best. :)

Best to stick with a one shop vendor if you can.

Edited to add that I tried to write ....Diameter & Apple changed that to damn! Ugh!

CassiusNZ

Shiny_Rock
Yeh thats true.. one stop shopping sounds good.. i guess i just wanted to make sure I wasnt forgoing any cut grade/sparkle with going the Canera Ideal vs ACA... but after reading several forums it sounds like the Brian Gavin Signatures and Canera Ideals are cut in a very similar place/way... and I'd be happy with a BG Signature so!

Any more advice is well welcomed.. thanks!

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock
the VC stone has Gypsy's stamp of approval, nuf said

CassiusNZ

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all.

With that being said I might have the opportunity to buy a Hearts on Fire I/SI1 1.71ct for around $16,200 out the door... how would you rate this vs the VC stone? The VC stone would still be $2,000 cheaper at wire... but potentially the HOF would have much higher value down the road being a brand. Problem with HOF is theres no ASET's ect to judge cut grade... OR where the inclusions are whereas with that VC stone you can see everything. Also I'll get a $400 discount off the setting with VC buying the stone which doesnt hurt.

I guess what Im asking is are the HOF cut grades THAT much better? im assuming not but please chime in (this is assumind SAME price.. I know usually they are MUCH more money!!)

Cheers!

CassiusNZ

Shiny_Rock
Okay so I've switched over to this stone from VC..

https://www.victorcanera.com/diamonds/defj6v

Depth Percent 61.5%
Table Percent 57.1%
Crown Angle 34.9°
Pavilion Angle 40.9°
Dimensions (LxWxD) 7.51x7.48x4.61
Fluorescence None
Culet Pointed
Girdles Thin, Medium
Lower Girdle Facet Percent 77.0%
Star Length Percent 51.0%

1.584 I/VS2

This appeals as its about $1000 less than the 1.71ct.. and is a VS2... (mind clean thing)... can you let me know if this is Solid? This Plus the pave setting that I really want from VC brings me to $17,100.. which is only $1k above my strech budget which I think I can live with.. and that'll be a 1.6ct centre + 40pts Melee... so 2ct TW and im sure it'll look incredible!

Thanks all please advise!

Medical

Rough_Rock
Again I know little about the whole dimensions --> light stuff, especially when it comes to rounds which have a ton of data out there, but looking at the ASET/Idealscope it looks very nice- perhaps a more experienced poster could comment on it's dimensions/HCA score, etc. Superdy duper mind clean stone. From my (wayyyy too often) lurking, every now and then a poster is bothered that their I colored diamond is slightly different colored than the surrounding melee. Granted, based on the response of posters the melee will look different anyway due to such tiny faceting. It is also my understanding that VC uses only G and up melee and doesn't compromise on this.

This is a suuuuuper minor point but I just wanted to make sure you knew.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results