shape
carat
color
clarity

Similar Settings to the Cartier 1885

CassiusNZ

Shiny_Rock
Evening All,

So my second choice after a LM Piece that I've been posting about is the Cartier 1885... now rather than pay those kinda of price for that exact ring does anyone know of anyone who makes a similar setting in platinum? I'd rather put a WF ACA/Brian Gavin Signature round in there.

There just so happened to be this exact ring on Ebay atm... but it cant be sized down to a 4... and once again I think $21k can get me more flash/value and size in one of the vendors here online.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARTIER-PLAT-ROUND-DIAMOND-SOLITAIRE-RING-1895-ENGAGEMENT-COLLECTION-2-11tcw-/301447727285?pt=Diamond_Solitaire_Rings&hash=item462faf48b5

If someone knows of someone who would make this setting please advise.

Cheers!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Again, Victor Canera is my recommendation for a custom platinum and diamond setting. That is a relatively simple design and all you need is an excellent ring maker.

So the asscher was not her choice? Because I wouldn't go with an asscher unless that was her preference in the first place. They face up smaller than an ideal cut round. So in that respect, you may get a greater size appearance with a round center stone, and a round is a relatively safe choice for a surprise ring. However, we always recommend trying to find out what the recipient really likes before buying a ring.

CassiusNZ

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker and to answer your question she likes both Asscher and Round... we're gonna go look at some stones this week local so I can get an idea of which she leans towards more.. I know of the size difference.. so itll be a 2.2-2.3ct Asscher or a 1.6-1.8ct Round.. shes told me as long as it looks as big as a 1.5ct round shes happy :) But yeh the design of the setting is super important as well!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know unless it is size, flash you are after, I think that if that ring on ebay went for $21000 in an H color and Cartier to boot, that it is well worth the price and worth more on the secondary market than your new ring bought from the vendors would be, provided it is appraised as in great condition. Sometimes you just can't beat Cartier, etc. in my opinion.

edit: Just remembered it can't be sized down to a 4.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are similar settings from VC:

Good luck in finding the dream stone and setting for your girlfriend :wavey:

_25965.jpg

_25966.jpg

CassiusNZ

Shiny_Rock
OMG Acin I just found the second setting on Victors website and have enquired.. thanks for the advice!! :)

I think I'm leaning towards the round with round cut sides as it's a safer option AND its easier to get right..also it sparkles more!

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
It's a completely different quality range than Victor but James Allen does make a setting very similar to the 1895. It's also priced very reasonably at I think $980 for 14k. I was looking into it for a ring of my own.

On my phone so can't post a direct link at the moment.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results