shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am very thankful that I have people that I can go to for advice. I was feeling very down about several things and I spoke with someone who I would consider a mentor (although I don't talk w/him often), who has given me awesome advice. People who can listen, offer ideas for YOU to decide what is best are amazing and this is what he has done. I still have the decisions to make but he's lain it out so that it makes sense my (at least) four choices for me to consider. :D

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to express my excitement at an upcoming once-in-a-lifetime trip to New Zealand in March!! It will be a do-over honeymoon and first anniversary vacation... We did have a trip to Europe last summer but I was pickpocketed in Amsterdam airport right after getting off the plane (in the short time between exiting customs and getting a taxi) , so it ruined that trip as we lost a substantial amount of cash and my passport and other travel documents. Thank goodness my regular wallet with credit cards was not taken, otherwise I would have been stranded if I hadn't been with my husband. The Dutch police were not that helpful, either (who knew the airport police and city police and railway police are separate entities who don't work with each other) . It put a damper on that trip, even though we managed to complete it. I'm looking forward to having a proper honeymoon, and hopefully not get robbed upon arrival. Fingers crossed!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I just won an award at the Employee Recognition Ceremony at work!

I have been working in this position here almost 2.5 years and have been giving it my absolute best. I like my workplace, colleagues, and profession and have done everything I can to give it all my very best.

Today, our CEO was giving a speech leading up to the award, saying, "this employee...." and I didn't even realize until about 3/4 of the way through her presentation that she was talking about me!

I am thrilled. I am honored. I am just. so. darn. happy!!!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tanzigrrl|1420838094|3814249 said:
I just won an award at the Employee Recognition Ceremony at work!

I have been working in this position here almost 2.5 years and have been giving it my absolute best. I like my workplace, colleagues, and profession and have done everything I can to give it all my very best.

Today, our CEO was giving a speech leading up to the award, saying, "this employee...." and I didn't even realize until about 3/4 of the way through her presentation that she was talking about me!

I am thrilled. I am honored. I am just. so. darn. happy!!!!!

Congratulations, Tanzigrrl! That's great news!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's fantastic Tanzigrrl!
slider_yourock.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse...well, sort of. We went shopping today to buy a new dresser for my husband to use in our guestroom. We ended up buying 2 instead, one for him and one for me to use in our bedroom. While we were at it, we decided to go ahead and buy 4 new bedside tables (2 for each bedroom). We've wanted to replace some of our things for years but we weren't planning on doing it all at once.

Oddly enough, the amount of furniture isn't what my buyer's remorse is about. It's that while we were doing all of this custom ordering, I had forgotten about a particular dresser and nightstand set that I really liked. I think that set was cheaper than what we ended up ordering, and I'm also second guessing the finish I chose for the custom order. The saleswoman spent forever helping us today, so I'm afraid of going back there tomorrow and seeing if I can change our order.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! Congratulations, Tanzgilr! Well done!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big "V" of geese just flew overhead, making quite the racket. :bigsmile:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The SMTB forum have had been very entertaining lately!... :clap: :clap:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My brother just survived a 15-hour surgery! The doctors were not that optimistic going in, but one of them just came out to let us know it all went very well! :appl: :appl: :appl:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1422426506|3823084 said:
My brother just survived a 15-hour surgery! The doctors were not that optimistic going in, but one of them just came out to let us know it all went very well! :appl: :appl: :appl:

That's wonderful, VRBeauty! :appl: I hope you get some rest tonight; I imagine it's been a long day for you. Best wishes to your brother for his recovery.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1422427689|3823088 said:

That's wonderful, VRBeauty! :appl: I hope you get some rest tonight; I imagine it's been a long day for you. Best wishes to your brother for his recovery.

That is great news VRBeauty! So happy for you and your whole family. Sending healing vibes to your brother for a full recovery and best wishes to you and your family. (((Hugs))).

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What wonderful news VRBeauty!!!! Your family must be so relieved. Sending lots of healing dust your brothers way!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad to hear this news VRBeauty! How stressful for everyone, such a long surgery - positive thoughts being sent that your brother has a smooth recovery and is doing better soon!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is great news... :appl: hope he will have a speedy recovery.

MisterMadelise

Shiny_Rock

That's great news. Hope he recovers quickly.

MisterMadelise

Shiny_Rock
So, Pricescope, how do you know if people are posting real jewelry or "fake" jewelry? Or if it's their own or stolen from the internet?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MisterMadelise|1422482157|3823434 said:
So, Pricescope, how do you know if people are posting real jewelry or "fake" jewelry? Or if it's their own or stolen from the internet?
My two picky rings. one is a 4.75ct and the other one is a 6.5ct (I think.. :confused: ) I forgot to remove the price tags... :oops:

photo_1081.jpg

MisterMadelise

Shiny_Rock
Dancing Fire|1422488650|3823491 said:
My two picky rings. one is a 4.75ct and the other one is a 6.5ct (I think.. :confused: ) I forgot to remove the price tags... :oops:

lol.

but seriously. how?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MisterMadelise|1422490153|3823511 said:

lol.

but seriously. how?
pic was taken inside of the jewelry store.. :bigsmile:

MisterMadelise

Shiny_Rock
Dancing Fire|1422491133|3823525 said:
MisterMadelise|1422490153|3823511 said:

lol.

but seriously. how?
pic was taken inside of the jewelry store.. :bigsmile:

haha oh I didn't even notice the background of the jewelry counter!

but seriously. how do you guys tell in pictures? I see a few posts where people are being accused of posting fakes. They look the same to me. :idea:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="MisterMadelise|

but seriously. how do you guys tell in pictures? I see a few posts where people are being accused of posting fakes. They look the same to me. :idea:[/quote]

Most of the time by looking at the faceting of the stone. notice she haven't replied since i called her out ?... :wink2:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enjoying American Ninja Warrior. How's that for mindless entertainment? :wink2: Which is, by the way, just what the doctor ordered!

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
I am SO happy....

I forgot I had a $400 'spot bonus' that I hadn't used up. I need to figure out of that should go to diamond earring fund (in the leisurely hunt for 2 ct pears...and I have a $2k WF refund check in the mail), expensive perfume (I'm on a perfume kick lately...might be a nice splurge bottle), or airfare toward a weekend trip to Grand Cayman to get away from my family medical drama and Boston's crazy snowstorm. I'm thinking the perfume...

And VR...my thoughts are with you and your brother tonight....dusting for a continued good outcome!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Techie Techie - Thank you so much for your kind thought. I'm happy to be able to say that my brother's surgery went well and he's healing and recovering very well. He's in acute rehab now and should be out of the hospital on Saturday, a mere 2 1/2 weeks after the surgery. Much faster than any of us thought. When he went into surgery we weren't sure he'd make it out - and we were preparing ourselves, mentally, for that outcome. He's now looking and feeling better than he has for a long time, and the other day he was even talking about traveling again.

BTW the surgery involved removing his tongue and larynx to stop a fast-growing cancer. My brother is learning sign language, so I guess I'll be learning it too! :))

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1423628992|3830685 said:
Techie Techie - Thank you so much for your kind thought. I'm happy to be able to say that my brother's surgery went well and he's healing and recovering very well. He's in acute rehab now and should be out of the hospital on Saturday, a mere 2 1/2 weeks after the surgery. Much faster than any of us thought. When he went into surgery we weren't sure he'd make it out - and we were preparing ourselves, mentally, for that outcome. He's now looking and feeling better than he has for a long time, and the other day he was even talking about traveling again.

BTW the surgery involved removing his tongue and larynx to stop a fast-growing cancer. My brother is learning sign language, so I guess I'll be learning it too! :))

Glad to hear he is recovering so well! I hope he keeps up the good progress!

Does he have someone to teach him in the hospital? If not, it might be cool to bring a teacher in to work with him and any of your family who is interested. Sort of make a private family class?

Techie Techie -- Tough choice! I'd vote for the pears so you can have a gorgeous set of earrings to provide brightness through the snowstorms :))

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1423636845|3830727 said:
Does he have someone to teach him in the hospital? If not, it might be cool to bring a teacher in to work with him and any of your family who is interested. Sort of make a private family class?

He's already picked up a few phrases - I understand the first was, "Where are my glasses?" ;)) - so I suspect the hospital's rehab folks are helping him get started. Except for his wife, the rest of us are scattered all about so we're sort of on our own. Most community colleges around here offer ASL instruction, which would work well for me. :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty, I am thinking of your brother and wishing him the best for continued progress and healing and for a happy and healthy return home. So glad he is doing better and getting to leave the hospital this weekend. Sending more PS dust his way. :appl: And I hope you are doing well too!

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
VR...glad to hear things are going well. I know a bit about how you are feeling. My mom had an 8 hour thymus/heart/lung surgery about 5 years ago, and sitting in the waiting room was so nerve wracking. And it's great that he is picking up sign language. It's a fun language to learn (and it will help keep his brain active). I would suggest learning the manual alphabet as well as the word signs. I learned sign language back in 6th grade (my friend taught deaf students) and many many years later, I still remember it (not so much with the words).

If you want to hear a cool story about sign language, here goes. My brother and I were at Six Flags in MD this past summer, and there was a huge contingent of deaf student (from Gallaudet University in DC) there the same day. So, we were standing in the roller coaster waiting area, waiting to board the next train when the power went out. Of course, the ride operators announced a million times that the ride was temporarily shut down and that we could continue to wait or leave the station and come back. There were deaf students next to me, and I could sorta read from their signing that they didn't know what was going on. So I very tentatively and slowly manually signed what was wrong (I felt like a complete idiot, like a 4 year old) but they could get what I was saying and said thank you back...then they signed to the rest of their friends in the queues what had happened. It was really cool...like I could see the secret handshake between Masons. So you could think of it as an adventure (or door opening) into a new world.

Good luck with the rehab and keep us posted.

PS...not sure where you are located..but you may want to check in with the closest school/university that is dedicated to deaf students near, to see what the options are for your brothers learning path...and also how to mentally cope with the change. Just a thought :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results