shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice: working w/Victor Canera if you're not in LA?

brennadenna

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! Longtime reader, first time poster. I have a question I'm hoping you all can answer!

My 10th wedding anniversary is coming up, and my husband would like to re-set my engagement ring for me. It's a family heirloom, and I've always disliked the setting, it's just not to my taste (and it looks a bit worse for the wear and dated). After doing a ton of research (especially on this site!) I've settled on the Emilya setting by Victor Canera. It's just perfect -- everything I wanted all in one, and it appears to be within our budget based on what I've read.

The problem is that we live in NYC, and traveling to LA to meet him in person just isn't feasible with small kids, etc. I know Leon Mege and Steven Kirsch are located in NYC, but I just don't like their work as much -- I looked at Frankie's side by side settings comparison post on this site, and spent some time looking at through their sites. It also seems like VC is better to work with? If I'm going to have my ring re-set, I want to get just what I want, you know?

So my question is: has anyone here ever worked with VC while being located far from LA, and not seeing/meeting him in person? What was it like? Would you recommend it? Is it a terrible idea? Did you feel safe/confident in doing so? Am I making a terrible mistake even considering it? Looking for anyone's personal experience/advice!

Thank you guys in advance -- I love this place, it's so helpful and informative.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in Australia so that is about as far as you can get away from LA and have had him make a few rings for me with no issues. Make sure you are shipping your ring fully insured other than that there should be no hassles.

brennadenna

Rough_Rock
Thank you! Did everything turn out looking as you'd hoped? Was it okay not seeing it in person until it was done?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Victor is currently working on his third ring for me and it's a pleasure working with him. He is very very responsive via email. He made the Emilya setting several times so I would completely trust in.
I worked with him for the first time after becoming active on PS. I was frantic, but Victor is totally used to working with long distance customers. The settings he made for me till sofar are what I expected but actually even more beautiful then I imagined.
I am located in the Netherlands :wavey:

mns12

Shiny_Rock
Happy 10 year! I had Victor reset my MRB solitaire (when head broke off) into the Emilya and I live outside of Philadelphia. Like you I was very hesitant to send my diamond across the US and purchase a setting I could not see in person, but I received a ton of reassurance after reading thru so many posts here. I had zero problems and was so happy with the reset. I only talked to victor once on the phone but he was very responsive to emails and was helpful in answering all of my questions. Sadly That ring and my eternity wedding band have since been lost so I will be back on the journey soon. Good luck!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your anniversary!

I also got the Emilya and I live in the DC area. I sent the stone insured and sent checks as well. I only spoke with him once and did all of my communications with his assistant Paige. It was completely fine and as others have said, he's a real pro at what he does and I would imagine most of his clients are NOT in the LA area.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results