shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm thinking................... flowers!

Alexxxx

Rough_Rock
Trade
I've been in the mood for some warm metals and flowers? Maybe because it's chilly. Maybe it's because flowers are gorgeous! David Klass posted this pretty band on his facebook and it got me thinking. I'd love to mix his band with some VC and other band inspirations. No copying for sure, but more "inspired by" ideas. Here are some ideas/sketches. One band will be rose gold, one will be yellow gold. I also threw in some delightful flower pictures as inspiration?

First David's band:

dk_band.jpg

Then some flowers because those pictures are nicer :bigsmile:

flower3.jpg

flower4.jpg

flower1_0.jpg

Ok back to business, there is a VC band I was eyeing. I like that there are only 4-5 flowers on the whole band connected by an engraved pattern. I drew a similar idea, I will do four roses total I think. Then another band shape that is done by a few companies. Single stone does a "pinched" band so do a couple of large scale manufacturers. I would only keep the shape, take out all of the stone and add roses with leaves on the side of each rose. I drew some pictures, but I don't know if these will translate well into rings, that will up to David Klass.

Inspiration Band

vcband.jpg

My silly drawing, it will be one of David's roses with a swirl on each side and engraved design connecting them :naughty:

photo_2_122.jpg

And for the second band

Inspiration band

r398-3.jpg

My silly drawing, it will be one of David's roses in each hexagon with leaves surrounding them.

photo_1_139.jpg

Do you guys think this will work? It will be a cast design as opposed to an engraving. Will it be too busy? I'm going to stack these with other bands, like a 2mm eternity band and others. These two will be about 2.5mm-ish each. So I'm hoping to add some mixed metals and texture to my stack? My drawings of roses look like a middle school child drew them hehehehe :shifty:

Michelez

Shiny_Rock
These will be lovely - and no, they do not look like a middle school child drew them lol

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! You certainly have a talent for drawing, I can barely draw stick figures!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I love your drawing and can't wait to see the real deal - it will be gorgeous!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pics.
Love it!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun!

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
I love this idea!

Alexxxx

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks guys!! I'll post some in progress pictures. Although I'm hoping this won't be too complicated? (She says impatiently).

Kenny, I did a double take with your avatar. Haha.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Alexxxx, Your drawings are beautiful. They look like a professional artist drew them. If they were going to be a little thinner (2.0mm) I would like to purchase them. If you go ahead with your project, I can't wait to see the rings when they are finished.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Your drawings are very detailed and lovely. I think your ideas will translate into gorgeous rings! I have been wanting a floral inspired ring forever, can't wait to see how this turns out :))

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it will be beautiful! I've come to appreciate engraving and detailed gold a lot more in the last few years so I understand your desire for something so special and inspired!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with everyone who posted here so far. Lovely pics and I think it will be beautiful. Good luck!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
I think they look beautiful.

Alexxxx

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks guys, I'm excited. I have the worst timing ever (in life and in jewelry), I started this as soon as exhausted DK (finally) got a break for the holidays. But I will be super patient while they take a much needed break.

When I first got into jewelry I loved the "no metal" look, all stone/shared prong bands. Now I'm really excited about something that's all metal and NO stones. Funny how our tastes change? Also funny how I posted this in the Rocky Talky forum........ sign I blame holiday wine :wavey:

Alexxxx

Rough_Rock
Trade
CADs woohoo! :naughty:

The VC inspired band: I thought about making the "connecting bits" thinner but decided against it. I think it's more sturdy this way, considering I have the engraving pattern in there too. Plus I don't want to copy VC, but do an inspired by ring.

image_2830.jpg

The 'pinched band': I originally drew all leaves as accents, no stems. But I looked at it and I kind of liked it. If its rose petals and only leaves, it might be blendy and end up as .... too much shrubbery? Is that the first time that term was used on PS? Plus I like to let David be free. He does this for a living, he has good instincts. I keep patients alive, David makes jewelry. We all have our strengths lol.

image_2831.jpg

Okkkkkk those are my updates. Exciting. Sometimes I'm really patient when it comes to jewelry then I get an update and I'm bouncing off the walls again. :bigsmile:

Michelez

Shiny_Rock
I think these will compliment each other beautifully.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Love it!

Beautiful drawings; you are talented and inspired!!! I really have been loving what I have seen out of DK these past few months since following him on FB and here- I am excited and think it is going to be a simply beautiful, unique, work of art.

I have floral bands in rose gold and get so much enjoyment out of them, I bet you are going to love love love wearing these. Can't wait to see them.

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
what great designs I can't wait to see them finished.

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock
love these, cant wait to see the finished rings

Alexxxx

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks guys, I'm really excited too. Apacherose, I love your bands, obviously haha. I've just started working with David semi recently, last year maybe? It was the same for me, I saw a couple rings he did that I liked and I thought I'd give it a shot. I like his creativity and he is just a really good guy, makes it a good fit for me. Oh and my compulsive need for jewelry, that helps....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results