shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Sharon, which one have you always had a bottle of? Sorry if I could not follow you.

Youth Dew, awwww, I gave my mom my bottle, I have to buy a new one, big fan of that older EL base and Clinique, I want Aromatics Elixir back too, gifted that away too. Still have Wrappings, a very unique chypre to me, love it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1420327411|3811474 said:
Sharon, which one have you always had a bottle of? Sorry if I could not follow you.

Youth Dew, awwww, I gave my mom my bottle, I have to buy a new one, big fan of that older EL base and Clinique, I want Aromatics Elixir back too, gifted that away too. Still have Wrappings, a very unique chypre to me, love it.

Sorry, for the :confused: . Regardless of it's use, I've always had a bottle of Youth Dew on hand . I have many fond memories associated with it. While I do not wear it frequently, I will not give it up. Hence, it was my FOTD.

cheers--Sharon

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Sharon I too felt that way about Youth Dew but because I rarely wore it I gave it to my mom and now I am sorry, I think I still need to own a bottle even if I do not wear it as often, it is just too beautiful to not have

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1420230808|3810999 said:
ckrickett|1420229314|3810992 said:
canuk-gal|1420228598|3810982 said:
ckrickett|1420224990|3810946 said:

No CK, I do not...do you?

I need a whole day to experience Le Labo's selections.....I love vanilla but don't always find the "right" combo...and I am often underwhelmed by them...

cheers--Sharon

No I haven't, I ordered a ton of samples from lucky scent because I am looking for a few new spring scents. I ordered a sample of this so I will let you know.

I look forward to your review.

I was foolish not to visit Le Labo in Paris (Marais where we stayed) two years ago. Good news is my pal will be in NYC end of the month and I've asked her to obtain a sample of their signature Tubereuse 40 for me. If we visit London and Paris again this year....I will be sure, this time, not to forget!

cheers--Sharon
I feel if I were ever to visit there my DH would have a heart attack, and so would my CC :rolleyes:

Please let me know how you like their Tubereuse 44!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1420325101|3811464 said:
JulieN|1419807459|3808864 said:
I have Bulgari's Rose Essentielle EdP. Distinctly rose, very elegant. Easy to wear, slightly sweet. All around lovely and smells expensive, though I don't reach for it that often since I rarely wear florals.

JulieN--what do you wear/prefer? Spice?

cheers--Sharon
I mostly wear gourmands and fruity. The SoCal heat means I find even my favorite perfumes can be a bit much when I step into a warm car to begin my morning commute. This 60ish degree highs we've had for the past two weeks are a blip, tomorrow will be a high of 72.

A floral I am enjoying lately is Fendi Palazzo, long discontinued. I do love sweetened neroli and orange blossom.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Orange blossom and neroli are lovely. I used to be a fan of gourmands, my favorite one was EL Pleasures Delight, had that for years. I still wear some, to me Kilian's Back to Black is vquite gourmand and own that, very nice IMHO. Neither one is a light gourmand though. Wow, you are so lucky with the weather! I sure wish it was like that where I live. I personally love heavy fumes though so in cold weather they work better you are right. I love Miller Harris L'Air de Rien which is heavy on neroli but quite musky as well. So maybe none are your taste. I cannot stand too much fruit as they turn sour on me but some is lovely and love lemon. Chanel Exclusives has a great lemon, actually do love that, light but really beautiful. My fave for hot weather.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JulieN|1420369905|3811611 said:
canuk-gal|1420325101|3811464 said:
JulieN|1419807459|3808864 said:
I have Bulgari's Rose Essentielle EdP. Distinctly rose, very elegant. Easy to wear, slightly sweet. All around lovely and smells expensive, though I don't reach for it that often since I rarely wear florals.

JulieN--what do you wear/prefer? Spice?

cheers--Sharon
I mostly wear gourmands and fruity. The SoCal heat means I find even my favorite perfumes can be a bit much when I step into a warm car to begin my morning commute. This 60ish degree highs we've had for the past two weeks are a blip, tomorrow will be a high of 72.

A floral I am enjoying lately is Fendi Palazzo, long discontinued. I do love sweetened neroli and orange blossom.

I wore this one in past and loved it also.

Speaking of gourmands, I should retry Hani Mori.

cheers--Sharon

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Wow- so many of my favorites posted recently!!! I love Le Labo Vanille 44- it was probably my most worn perfume last winter. I also love Tom Ford's Cafe Rose and his Noir de Noir is a fragrance I save for "sexy evenings". This one drives my hubby nuts!!! In Serge Luten's line I also can't wear his fragrances well. Un Bois Vanille is pleasant enough, but "blah" to me compared with Vanille 44. My fave from his line is five o clock au gingembre when I'm in the mood for a spicy gourmand. Although my husband wears it more than I do- sometimes I "borrow" it-lol. Great for a winter's evening-like slipping on a thick, cozy sweater.

Now, I am surprised I haven't seen any other Guerlain fans chime in. I finally received Gourmand Coquin for Christmas- my favorite gourmand of all time!!!!! Another one I love is vintage Guerlain Mon Precious Nectar- the extract (not the new reformulated one). Well, there really are quite a few I like from their exclusives line and I would love to visit their Paris boutique- especially now that they are adding a type of perfume museum where you can make an appointment to smell many of their old perfumes (which have been reconstructed).

I am wondering what, if anything, will happen to Le Labo now that EL has purchased them. I hope they don't change them too much. I believe EL has now purchased Frederic Malle, too. I'm sure major reformulations are just around the corner for most of his fragrances with the new restrictions.

I also have been a Basenotes member for several years, although doing one of the blind sniffs would terrify me!!! I'm not that good at picking out single notes. Fragrantica is also a lot of fun-just a different level than Basenotes, but the women's section is much more active on Fragrantica. I've noticed less and less participation from women on Basenotes.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow, wow, a fellow basenoter and perfumista! Hi friend! Pinkjewel, you would be very very surprised about how well you would do and it is tons of fun. I excelled through it and had a blast and I am very allergic and smoked too. I even got sick at one of the ones I did. I still think it was the best game ever but I do admit that I have an extremely sensitive nose and every time I sniff something my brain immediately goes to break it down to notes and yes been wrong too, of course but it does not matter, everyone gets it eventually. I am so glad I dared. Loved it tons. I thought they were no longer holding that and I certainly cannot participate living in the Europe anymore:(((

Yeah, yeah Guerlain I do love many but only own Shalimar vintage perfume extract and EDP, also came from basenoters. I have never smelled Vanille 44, now I truly wish I had been able to. I had no clue EL bought Le Labo though there are some really good EL fumes and I am a fan in general of the brand but I had no idea Le Labo was not doing well, it is a shame they are not staying what they were, so sorry about that, although maybe I would find their fumes here even at EL outlets. No clue they bought Malle as well, what is happening now?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1420391734|3811683 said:
I wore this one in past and loved it also.

Speaking of gourmands, I should retry Hani Mori.

cheers--Sharon
Hanae Mori is what I'm wearing the most right now, but I thought it would be way too boring to mention. I got a tester with a Sephora purchase years ago and fell in love! Very simple, sweet, vanilla woods. However, no bottle I've tried has ever smelled quite like the tester vial, which was fruitier...

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
missy|1419772280|3808666 said:
ckrickett|1419731796|3808513 said:
Today is a very warm scent
MAISON FRANCIS KURKDIJAN - OUD CASHMERE MOOD

I have been wearing a lot of his fragrances lately!

Love his perfumes Ckrickett! What do you think of some of his other creations? Did you get the chance to sample Tihota?

I haven't sampled Tihota yet, but I will be meeting friends at the mall of lunch later this week, so I may stop by the NM fragrance counter and see if they have it there.

As for his other scents I found he made some of my favorite scents (not under his line).
I remember saving up paychecks when I was 16 to buy my BF at the time Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Mâle, and I grew up wearing Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea perfumes (I still love them).

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Black Orchid by Tom Ford today, I adore the deep floral notes

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1420420879|3811841 said:
missy|1419772280|3808666 said:
ckrickett|1419731796|3808513 said:
Today is a very warm scent
MAISON FRANCIS KURKDIJAN - OUD CASHMERE MOOD

I have been wearing a lot of his fragrances lately!

Love his perfumes Ckrickett! What do you think of some of his other creations? Did you get the chance to sample Tihota?

I haven't sampled Tihota yet, but I will be meeting friends at the mall of lunch later this week, so I may stop by the NM fragrance counter and see if they have it there.

As for his other scents I found he made some of my favorite scents (not under his line).
I remember saving up paychecks when I was 16 to buy my BF at the time Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Mâle, and I grew up wearing Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea perfumes (I still love them).

Yay! I did the same! I worked at the A & W (I was a car hop hahahaha....dating myself here) to buy "First" and "Je Reviens" and one by Mary Quant (forget name).

cheers--Sharon

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett|1420340578|3811555 said:

I need a whole day to experience Le Labo's selections.....I love vanilla but don't always find the "right" combo...and I am often underwhelmed by them...

cheers--Sharon

No I haven't, I ordered a ton of samples from lucky scent because I am looking for a few new spring scents. I ordered a sample of this so I will let you know.

I was foolish not to visit Le Labo in Paris (Marais where we stayed) two years ago. Good news is my pal will be in NYC end of the month and I've asked her to obtain a sample of their signature Tubereuse 40 for me. If we visit London and Paris again this year....I will be sure, this time, not to forget!

cheers--Sharon
I feel if I were ever to visit there my DH would have a heart attack, and so would my CC :rolleyes:

I got my parcel with samples today and I am very happy with them all. Picking my Spring scents will be a tough choice.

Tubéreuse by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier was really really nice, beautiful floral scent, with a deep sweet rose smell.

The others I am trying are... I will see which I wear more of the next few weeks.

Caron - Secret Oud
Le Labo - Rose 31
Agonist - he Infidels
Masque Milano - Russian Tea
Xerjoff - 1861
Amouage - Journey Woman
Aqaba - Aqaba
Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Absolue pour le Soir

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1420509792|3812349 said:

cheers--Sharon

cheers--Sharon

I got my parcel with samples today and I am very happy with them all. Picking my Spring scents will be a tough choice.

Tubéreuse by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier was really really nice, beautiful floral scent, with a deep sweet rose smell.

The others I am trying are... I will see which I wear more of the next few weeks.

Caron - Secret Oud
Le Labo - Rose 31
Agonist - he Infidels
Xerjoff - 1861
Amouage - Journey Woman
Aqaba - Aqaba

How are you getting through your list?? How are you finding the staying power of these scents?

cheers--Sharon

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received a bottle of Estee Lauder Sensuous Noir for Christmas and absolutely adore it! :love: Can see this definitely becoming my signature scent.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1420772359|3813847 said:
ckrickett|1420509792|3812349 said:

cheers--Sharon

cheers--Sharon

Caron - Secret Oud
Le Labo - Rose 31
Agonist - he Infidels
Xerjoff - 1861
Amouage - Journey Woman
Aqaba - Aqaba

How are you getting through your list?? How are you finding the staying power of these scents?

cheers--Sharon

I've worn them all (wearing one a day.

Favorites are the Le Labo Rose 31 (wears nice all day), Amouge Journey woman, except this only lasts for 4-6 hours. I like a little longer wear. Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Absolue pour le Soir (this smells very velvety, and has a nice long wear!), The Tubereuse is LOVELY,

I will wear The others. my true test of samples is to see which ones I go for first without trying to "Try them out" So far out of this bunch my go to has been the Tubereuse, and Le Labo. However I like La Labos Baie Rose over the 31 so I may just stick with the Baie.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Today is Aqaba... I haven't decided how well I like this scent for spring. I like it, but seems a little heavy for a spring scent. I may save this one for Fall.

Nice notes of cedar wood and rose, with a subtle scent of peach. Lasts a very long time too!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I will try the Baie Rose next month when in Cali, since there is nothing local to me.

Nothing is lasting on me. Frustrating!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal said:
HI:

I will try the Baie Rose next month when in Cali, since there is nothing local to me.

cheers--Sharon

Hi Sharon, I cannot remember if this has been discussed in this thread before as my memory is poor these days but just in case it has not been mentioned...I also have trouble with fragrances regarding their staying power. I find that after I shower if I apply unscented moisturizers or body oils to my skin and let it absorb and then apply perfume right before I leave the house the fragrance lasts longer. And then of course is the tried and true carrying a small atomizer with you and reapplying as necessary for a little lift. My dh OTOH has no problem in this area. His fragrances last all day no matter what he is wearing. Unbelievable and I do think it has to do with his skin not being dry like mine is. He really gets his money's worth when he wears fragrance lol.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
missy|1421333359|3816756 said:
canuk-gal said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

Hi Sharon, I cannot remember if this has been discussed in this thread before as my memory is poor these days but just in case it has not been mentioned...I also have trouble with fragrances regarding their staying power. I find that after I shower if I apply unscented moisturizers or body oils to my skin and let it absorb and then apply perfume right before I leave the house the fragrance lasts longer. And then of course is the tried and true carrying a small atomizer with you and reapplying as necessary for a little lift. My dh OTOH has no problem in this area. His fragrances last all day no matter what he is wearing. Unbelievable and I do think it has to do with his skin not being dry like mine is. He really gets his money's worth when he wears fragrance lol.

I think I have heard of that too!

as for staying power, mine if they last 6+ hours is a Miracle, so I carry an atomizer with me (or a sample of it if I happen to have a sample of the fragrance I am wearing as well)

The Le Labo Fragrances have been staying on me longer than most! So maybe they will do the same for you Canuk-Gal

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

MIssy--my DH smells as good coming home after work as when he leaves---and he is not faithful to moisturising either! GAK!! I am going to write if off to hormones! (since I have no other good reason as I utilize all the tricks!!)

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1421333576|3816760 said:
canuk-gal said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

I think I have heard of that too!

as for staying power, mine if they last 6+ hours is a Miracle, so I carry an atomizer with me (or a sample of it if I happen to have a sample of the fragrance I am wearing as well)

The Le Labo Fragrances have been staying on me longer than most! So maybe they will do the same for you Canuk-Gal

Yes, the oils are better. Yet, there is no staying power on me like on my DH. I just have to accept! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Just a casual scent today, Lust from Lust. Spicy Jasmine. I like this one a lot, but it get's a little heavy if I wear it to often.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Today is Marc Jacobs DOT.

Wondering if any of you have special VDay fragrances picked out?

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today...

COCO MADEMOISELLE
EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY

Samples I'm trying from Nordys... Chanel Noir and Creed Love in White

I tried Tom Ford Amber it was o.k and Flower Bomb by Viktor & Rolf but DH didn't like it at all... I'm enjoying this Coco Mademoiselle. Light and flowery without being too powdery.

This thread has inspired me to change it up more, I was always a two scent girl. One by day and one by night..

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Mayk|1422325553|3822485 said:
Today...

COCO MADEMOISELLE
EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY

Samples I'm trying from Nordys... Chanel Noir and Creed Love in White

I tried Tom Ford Amber it was o.k and Flower Bomb by Viktor & Rolf but DH didn't like it at all... I'm enjoying this Coco Mademoiselle. Light and flowery without being too powdery.

This thread has inspired me to change it up more, I was always a two scent girl. One by day and one by night..

I adore CREED Love in White!!!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was in Ulta during the fall and they had a sample bottle of Philosophy's Sunshine Grace, but none for sale. The only way I can describe this scent is to say that it was like laying on the beach. I smelled suntan lotion, floral notes, and I swear I smelled warm sand and sea gulls calling :bigsmile: . I tried finding it everywhere but it was sold out. It is available on Ebay, but I don't know if I trust Ebay for fragrances.

I live in California, but winter is still very tough for me. I really don't feel truly alive until it is at least 70 degrees outside. I am trying to implement little things to make winter less depressing. I think a set of scents that are reminiscent of summer would help greatly.

Do any of you have any suggestions?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1422389097|3822845 said:
I was in Ulta during the fall and they had a sample bottle of Philosophy's Sunshine Grace, but none for sale. The only way I can describe this scent is to say that it was like laying on the beach. I smelled suntan lotion, floral notes, and I swear I smelled warm sand and sea gulls calling :bigsmile: . I tried finding it everywhere but it was sold out. It is available on Ebay, but I don't know if I trust Ebay for fragrances.

I live in California, but winter is still very tough for me. I really don't feel truly alive until it is at least 70 degrees outside. I am trying to implement little things to make winter less depressing. I think a set of scents that are reminiscent of summer would help greatly.

Do any of you have any suggestions?

HI:

I think we were separated at birth. :bigsmile: I am sure you will gets lots of suggestions, but this is "summer" to me. I like their dry oil in this scent.

http://www.esteelauder.com/products/9781/Product-Catalog/Fragrance/For-Women/Bronze-Goddess

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results