shape
carat
color
clarity

What's your favorite ring/stone that no one else likes?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I have very particular, and at time peculiar taste in jewelry. Do you have a favorite piece that gets lukewarm reaction from others?

Here's my star sapphire. By many standards, it is not translucent enough or an attractive color of blue. It is also in a very bulky setting. But I love it with my whole heart!! It reminds me of a hot summer sky, kind of a denim color. The star is as strong as any I've ever seen. And the setting is a one of a kind James Meyer. I'm sure no one enjoys this ring like I do, and that's okay with me.

Show us yours......

mel1aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

star0.jpg

star3a.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Uppy, I know you know that I have always admired that ring. I am glad to see it make an appearance again.

I recently posted a ring I had made that no one could wear in the eyecandy thread. I am very fond of it, but it is made of lead so I can understand that most people here can't get behind it. It is set with a 4.8 carat diamond.

This summer I was working on a ring of Ebony set with a Red Horn Coral from Nevada. I thought it was outrageous and fun, but everyone told me it was disgusting and obscene, so I never finished it.

_25744.jpg

_25746.jpg

redhornyebony.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
VL, I saw that post today, with the lead mounting for the crystal diamonds. I think it is amazing!!!!! Do you still have/wear it?

ETA: And, I admit, the coral ring does look a bit phallic. But I love the ebony and coral concept!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
upgradable, you do know, right, that I call dibs on that ring if you should ever tire of it?!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I like the coral and ebony concept also. Very striking.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1420244895|3811095 said:
This summer I was working on a ring of Ebony set with a Red Horn Coral from Nevada. I thought it was outrageous and fun, but everyone told me it was disgusting and obscene, so I never finished it.

You should finish it. There are "modern art" rings that look very similar and sell for high prices, so it would definitely have appeal.

Very interesting lead ring too. I like the idea of using other metals besides the typical gold, platinum and silver.

Not mine, but here's an example of what I was talking about by Martina Dempf

http://www.martina-dempf.de/html/english.html

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
VapidLapid|1420244895|3811095 said:
Uppy, I know you know that I have always admired that ring. I am glad to see it make an appearance again.

I recently posted a ring I had made that no one could wear in the eyecandy thread. I am very fond of it, but it is made of lead so I can understand that most people here can't get behind it. It is set with a 4.8 carat diamond.

Looks a bit like this.... :D

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_tube_worm

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ring Upgradeable! Your diamond one too VL.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Uppy, I didn't know you still had your moonstone ring-I'm so glad to see you do!

I only have a few rings left. I love my semi bezel chrysoberyl ring, and most people don't seem to care for it. It's funny, it's either people love it, and I know there's a few on here who do, or people are "well...huh..." about it. I want to reset it into gold rather than silver, but haven't b/c I want it to be killer so I love it as much after as I do now...and I admit to being scared to reset it and not love it.

1011831_10200450149791206_96282919_n.jpg

10487609_10202852745174589_1659967986326057985_0.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results