• Diamond C

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Diamond D

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Diamond E

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sigep611

Rough_Rock

Since the one I liked is apparently gone. I''m going to post a few options. I''m buying this unseen. I know that isn''t the best idea, but I do have the option of returning it if I don''t like it. I imagine I would love any of the choices. Please vote for your favorite, and if there is a particular reason...feel free to let me know. If you feel particularly generous..you could list the ones you like in order from most to least. Thanks for any advice..it''s greatly appreciated!!!!

A:
Report: GIA
Shape: Asscher
Carat: 1.12
Color: I
Clarity: VVS2
Depth: 66.3
Table: 62
Girdle: TK-
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 5.89-5.82X3.86
Length/Width: 1.01

B:
Carat: 1.03
Color: H
Clarity: VVS2
Depth: 65.4
Table: 53
Girdle: M-TK
Fluorescence: Faint or Faint Blue
Measurements: 5.65-5.64X3.69
Length/Width: 1.00

C:
Carat: 1.08
Color: E
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 68.7
Table: 57
Girdle: STK
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Measurements: 5.79-5.78X3.97

D:
Carat: 1.27
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 68.2
Girdle: STK
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Measurements: 6.05-6.04X4.12

E:
Carat: 1.14
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 68.2
Girdle: STK-
Measurements: 5.90-5.85X3.99
Length/Width: 1.01

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
sigep611,
aren''t asschers soooo cool!? unfortunatley, in my opinion, they are one of the few stones that HAVE to be seen before purchase.
at the very least i would want some actual pictures of the diamonds i was considering for comparison. would you be able to get pictures of these stones?
best of luck in your search!
2.gif

sigep611

Rough_Rock
I will get to see actual pictures of the one I choose, but not all of them. I would be a much, much eaiser decision if I could just see them!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Except the thick girdles I can't see anything even slightly detracting in those listings, and girdle is not a big thing at all...

(B) E/SI is tempting (assuming nice price), and it is the largest of the bunch. But there's no way in the world to just assume that is nicely eye clean 'cause more often than not this is not true for step cuts.

Than there is that (C) H/VVS with a very small table (53%) that might have the "antique" asscher look - but who knows ?

If anything I would love to see pictures of these two.

How about prices though ? Is (D) the best price ? By the numbers any of these sounds good. And it is hard if not impossible to predict the looks.

I cannot choose among these without pictures.

There are a couple dozen asschers with picture in WF's "Expert Selection" and others (see the search by cut quality above). At least those have some pictures. Looking at them may not be exactly the same as holding the diamond infront of you, but it certainly comes close (IMO) than the four numbers on a GIA report.
11.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm... could THIS be the needle in the haystack ?

DI40X_GIA-13270569.jpg

sigep611

Rough_Rock
All the prices are similar. Within a few hundred anyway. B isn''t the largest of them, D is. I was almost worried that the small table on C would be a problem. I never thought about it having a different look. If it does look more like a royal asscher..that would be a big bonus to me.

I''ve looked through their expert selections a lot. There seems to be something about many of them I''m worried about. Usually a very large table. The one you show has a huge feather...would that be seen....or "weaken" the diamond?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/1/2005 3:27:45 PM
Author: sigep611

The one you show has a huge feather...would that be seen....or 'weaken' the diamond?
Well... I can't see it in the picture and this is what reminded me of the proverbial needle: could this be the one D bargain in the lot ?

Agreed about the large tables on the other Expert Selection asschers. It is a different look despite the nice light return of all those stones.

That small table does sound interesting, but without a complete description (3D Scan or at least pictures from top and side) I can't tell what it looks like
7.gif

Sorry for the mistake about sizes.

No wonder the one that is a hair larger gets the most votes: one cannot tell anything but size from those numbers !

sigep611

Rough_Rock
I would love to pick one out in person....only no one has them here! Ok, one store has them. They are overpriced and not good quality. More pictures of the actual diamond would help a lot though!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/1/2005 3:56:43 PM
I would love to pick one out in person....only no one has them here!
This may sound weird but...

I only know of one "shop" that lists nearly all their fancy shape diamonds with pictures. That's Stuller. No Ideal SCope or fancy light retrn stuff but they definitely show what the diamonds look like.

The database makes a reasonably good learning tool: it shows what those numbers look like in different real-life interpretations. Same can be done by playing with the GemAdviser - but those are still virtual models.

Link to Stuller Asscher page

sigep611

Rough_Rock
Thanks! that was helpful. There are some beautiful Asschers on there. I looked at differen''t table sizes...and I have to say...small looks good!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
From the info given they might all be nice but there isnt any way of telling from the numbers.
The numbers will get you in the right city but not even close to the right street.
We need pictures to help you further.
Odds are that most of them will be dogs for the simple reason that most of them are.

sigep611

Rough_Rock
Bah...two of the top three sold!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2005 6:54:58 PM
Bah...two of the top three sold!!!
welcome to diamond buying!
9.gif

hope you find the one
2.gif
(but act fast)
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results