shape
carat
color
clarity

It's New Year's clear out time!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Happy New Year

I love New Years because it always gets me in the mood for tidying up the house and clearing out superfluous clutter that has accumulated over the year. I usually read a new cleaning or organization book around this time too, to get inspired with new ideas.

This years' book is
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo
http://www.amazon.ca/The-Life-Changing-Magic-Tidying-Decluttering/dp/1607747308

Marie suggests that if you de-clutter to the right point, everything will click and your house will never be messy again. Lately I've been feeling more and more minimalist, so the idea really resonates with me.

Has anyone else read it?

Are you doing a New Years clean out too?

clean_up_book.jpg

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
No I haven't read it. In a house with two kids and two dogs, I don't think that it's possible to "de-clutter" :lol:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love to declutter, but I have too many work-related books, files, and boxes that I can't really get rid of. I did just go through all my books and while most of them area related to my job, I did find about 10 or so that I could donate to Goodwill. In reality, I could probably give away a lot more, but I never know when/if I may need something. If I was in a different field, I'd definitely be a minimalist. I also cleaned out my bedroom closet. My next big job is to go through all my clothes and donate at least one bag's worth. I haven't read that particular book, Hope Dream, but I like checking out decluttering and organization websites once in a while.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purge once a month, hate clutter.

Hubby, loves clutter, can never find anything in his office.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I read it (thanks to Blogging For Books, since I would never buy it).

I found the author annoying and smug. As a teen, she used to throw out her family's belongings and try to weasel out of it, since it was for their own good. Then, as an author, she states things like "of course I made [my client] throw it out", which does not sit well with me, or mentions wanting to stop people in the street to show them "the right way" to fold a sock.

I don't necessarily agree that we should only keep things that give us a tingle of joy, at least not without really stretching the concept of joy (as she does). My pile of old medical tests does not bring me joy. As a matter of fact, they are rather painful to look at. But I keep them in case a doctor needs them as a baseline in the future, which will probably not be a joyful occasion either. She almost completely ignores the kitchen, as well.

On the good side: evaluating everything at once is a good approach, at least in my point of view, so you can balance out everything (hmmm, do I really need all those doo-dads?), but that isn't how she is looking at it, though. Her way of personalizing every object ranges from cute to annoying, depending on the situation.

And, no, no matter what, folding will never be fun. Doable? Yes but not fun.

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't read the book, but I need to clear out attics, closets, and more. I am looking forward to reading tips/responses from others.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't read that book yet but my mother bought it and has read bits of it to me. I really like her organizing philosophy - it seems more like what I naturally am inclined to do than most other "decluttering" strategies I've tried.

We throw a big NYE party every year and it is REALLY GOOD for cleaning our house, since we have to have every single room presentable. We don't go overboard cleaning the house for parties we host through the rest of the year, but for NYE we totally do.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Momhappy - You sound really busy! I’m sure you could de-clutter eventually, but perhaps now is not the time. Maybe you’re just not the kind of person who keeps extra stuff.

Zoe – That’s great! It sounds like you’re doing the best you can. Give yourself permission to get rid of all the clothes you secretly hate.

Cflutist – I wish I had a monthly routine like that. I find I only feel like de-cluttering once or twice a year. One day your hubby will figure it out.

Lady Distain – Thank you for your thoughtful reflection and honest opinion on this book.
I know what you mean about a slightly juvenile tone to this book. I agree that it can definitely be jarring. I also think that the book needed a lot of autobiographical padding to be sold as a book, because the whole tidying method is really quite straightforward and would really only make a chapter.

I think part of the problem is the translation from Japanese to English (and other languages), and also cultural differences. I think the translation may have been a bit rushed, and not as careful as it could have been, making the author seem blunt. Japanese has far fewer words than English, so many Japanese words carry several context-specific shades of meaning. Most Japanese translators are Japanese speakers with English training, and can translate the words literally, but fail to convey the proper emotional tone.
Culturally, in Japan, Adults face a very high pressure to conform to specific roles for the good of society ( and adulthood often sucks), and in light of this, children and teens are highly indulged by western standards. Kids trying out crazy things at home is often permitted, even if it causes some family disruption.

In addition, Japanese society focuses on method and ideals a lot more than western society, so for many daily tasks in Japan, there is actually one socially accepted “correct method” for doing all kinds of different tasks. The is a definite public interest in finding out the best/most efficient ways to do things, and then having everyone use the best method. Visual instruction guides are very popular. It’s definitely a very different mindset.

I agree that she seems to gloss over the kitchen and most household use items. I wish there was more about hardware, electronic accessories, and other sundries.

The personification and thanking of objects is definitely another one of those culturally Japanese things that I think we’d have to be raised in to completely understand.

Full disclosure: I hate folding, and refuse to try it (pout). Hanging clothes all the way!!!!
(….maybe I’ll try folding my socks tomorrow)

Classy rocks – I’ll try to put together a brief summary of what I think are the important points 

Distracts – Cleaning for a party and guests is way easier than just normal old cleaning. It’s way more motivating when you want your friends and family to feel welcome.

So far this round I’ve gotten rid of: a big bag of clothes in colors that I secretly hated and didn’t wear, a few extra books I don’t need, a bunch of costume jewelry that just didn’t work, a big box of out-dated mementos that just made me sad about people from my past I’d lost contact with, 6 extra spatulas and wooden spoons.

I’m waffling on liberating my small collection of kimonos and saris (which were given to me as gifts). I love the colors, the elegance of the garments, and the discipline of carefully getting dressed, but as a white lady I always feel a bit like I’m culturally appropriating if I wear them outside of my home.  Modern cultural sensitivity is difficult to navigate.

I still need to go through my bathroom, storage room, summer clothes, and purses.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HopeDream|1420176512|3810767 said:
The personification and thanking of objects is definitely another one of those culturally Japanese things that I think we’d have to be raised in to completely understand.

See, for me this is one of the most helpful things. I already tend to personify absolutely everything I own and use physical items as triggers for memories and feelings, so that sort of mindset and her advice about that, like to thank them before getting rid of them, makes getting rid of stuff WAY easier for me. I already had learned to deal with that by taking pictures of items that are only good for the memories they give me, because a photograph can trigger the memory just as well, but her advice adds another layer.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
HopDream, you could frame your kimonos and saris in shadow boxes. It could be a cool way of organzing and displaying some of the pieces you love.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always de-clutter before New Year's but it's getting harder and harder. Holidays bring so much plastic kid detritus. I have lots of small lego pieces scattered across the living room floor :-o

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Immediately, I am purging the boys' toys and some clothes that if I ever fit into them again will be way out of fashion.

Last year I put items that I was on the fence about in several bins. I did not go through them in 2014 so they are going "bye bye". That will be easy.

In general, my hubby is my biggest deterrent and always has an objection to things that I want to get rid of so I am purging without his input or my mother's input this year. My mother has always had wayyyy toooo muchhhh stufff.

I always have the desire to de-clutter and have a minimalist lifestyle- but I am a big failure in this department. 2014 was better than 2013 as far as clutter, but I still feel like we have way too many things that we don't utilize enough. Hopefully 2015 will be a banner de-clutter year for us.

All the best to everyone's 2015 Clear Out Goals!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
momhappy|1420147498|3810573 said:
No I haven't read it. In a house with two kids and two dogs, I don't think that it's possible to "de-clutter" :lol:

This is my dilemma exactly and we don't even have pets- LOL.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do it all the time. Yesterday I spent two hours going thru four cabinet drawers and the drawer under the stove, to get the utensils, Tupperware, random pots, cookie sheets etc organized and spiffed up. I've cleared out so many of my clothes it's unreal. I like not having much, just do laundry more often. I can't handle having 42 pairs of pants anymore. We have a small house, so it's just easier to have a few everything. It doesn't work that way for my husband of course, which is why my clothes are in our son's room and the hall closet. He has 5 long sleeve dress shirts for work, for the times he may have to go to court...which is funny b/c he usually goes in uniform, and if he actually wears a dress shirt, it's like once or twice a year...but he said he can't wear the same thing every time. So, technically, he could go five years of court appearances w/out wearing the same thing twice. That's insane to me. I have 6 shirts I wear to work-five days a week, 40 weeks a year. There are very few things I feel a strong emotional attachment to-I keep those things and donate everything else. It feels good to clear space.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
KonMari method
HopeNotes summary (293 pages in 1600 words):

KonMari tidying – going through all your stuff and discarding non-essentials in each category until you have a place for every thing and every thing in its place, you love all your stuff, and all your stuff is so easy to put away that you do it automatically. If done correctly this is a once in a lifetime event.

Basic premise: Less is more

Houses get messy for three reasons: 1)We have more things than we actually need, 2)We have more things than places to store them and 3)It usually takes more effort to put things away than it does to take them out, so we don’t put them away. Reorganizing your home will transform your life.

Goal: A clean and orderly space

If you pare down to just what you actually need and always have a convenient place to return each item to (for absolutely every item in your house), then your home will always be tidy because everything will always be easy to put back, so you will automatically put your things away. If the things you own spark joy (you actually like and appreciate every single item in your house) then it’s also much easier to put things back where they belong. When you get to the right amount of things for your space, and you are surrounded by things that you love, it will “click” and feel right, and your house will never be untidy again. You will never lose anything either, because everything will always be in its place.

The sorting order:

A) Clothes (in order)
1)Tops (shirts, sweaters, etc.), 2)Bottoms (pants, skirts, etc.), 3)Clothes that should be hung (jackets, coats, suits, etc.), 4)Socks, 5)Underwear, 6)Bags (handbags, messenger bags, etc.),7)Accessories (scarves, belts, hats, etc.), 8 )Clothes for specific events (swimsuits, kimonos, uniforms, etc.),9) Shoes

B) Books (in order)
1) General (books you read for pleasure), 2) Practical (references, cookbooks, etc.), 3)Visual (photograph collections, etc.), 4)Magazines

C) Papers - Discard all that are not:
1) Papers currently in use, 2)Papers needed for a limited period of time, 3) Papers that must be kept indefinitely.

D) Miscellaneous Household items (in order)
1)Cds and dvds, 2)Skin care products, 3)Makeup, 4)Accessories, 5)Valuables (passports, credit cards, etc.), 6)Electrical equipment and appliances (digital cameras, electric cords, anything that seems vaguely “electric”), 7)Household equipment (stationary and writing materials, sewing kits, etc.), 8 )Household supplies (expendables like medicine, detergents, tissues, etc.), 9)Kitchen goods/food supplies (spatulas, pots, blenders, etc.), 10)Other (spare change, figurines, hobby items, etc.),

E) Mementos

Method:
A) Before you begin, envision exactly what you want your life to be like, if your home was in perfect order. Picture what you would do with all your free time instead of tidying, and what your house would look like. Then ask how doing those things would make you feel, and why you would want do those things. Keep examining your underlying motives for your ideal life until you get to the central purpose that ultimately you want to change your home and your life to make yourself and your loved ones happy. Once you understand that you are doing all of this so that you will become happy, only then are you properly motivated to start. The moment you begin, you reset your life.

1) Start first thing in the morning with the easiest category first, and follow them in order.
The question of what you want to own is actually the question of how you want to live your life. Going through your things is also a conversation with yourself.

2) One item category at a time, gather all items in that category in one place, in a big pile on the floor. Physically handle each item and decide whether it “sparks joy”*

Sparks joy – The item is an immediate “yes”, you are happy to see it and appreciate it immediately. The item that sparks joy has no negative associations. The exception to this is items that are so essential that you have to keep them (like tax records). In this case knowing you have them will give you peace of mind if they are store neatly and accessibly, should you require them.

3) If an item sparks joy keep it.

3a) If the item doesn’t spark joy, donate or dispose of the item. Thank the item before you discard it.

Easy discards:
Clothes to discard: Anything you don’t love wearing, anything that’s a bit worn, the wrong color, doesn’t fit right, or is in disrepair.
Books to discard: Any books you’ve left unread and books you stopped reading part way through.
Papers to discard: Seminar and lecture materials, Credit card statements, Warranties for electrical appliances, Greeting cards, Used checkbooks, and Pay slips.
Household items to discard: Disposables, Unloved gifts, Cosmetic samples saved for trips, Electronics packages, Unidentified cords, Broken appliances, Bedding for the guest who never comes, Spare buttons, Products from the latest health craze, Free novelty goods

4) Once you have gone through all the categories, figure out the ideal places to put each thing and put it there. Store items so they are easy to put back (not so they are easy to take out)Clothing and other fabric things should always be folded in rectangles until they are self-supporting and then stood on edge in a drawer or box. Folded clothes take much less room. Arrange hanging clothes so they “rise” (get shorter and lighter) to the right. As much as possible, all items should be stored away in closets. Do not store things in piles.

Storage rules: store all items of the same type in the same place and don’t scatter storage space.
Everyone needs a sanctuary. Each person should keep all their personal belongings in one room. Household items should be stored in places that make sense for their categories.

5) Your home is now totally in order. Greet your house when you come home and thank your things for their service on a regular basis. Appreciate what you have and enjoy your life!

Traps to avoid (in no particular order):

1) You can’t really do this “a bit at a time”. This is an all or nothing process and will probably take about 6 months. Sort each category all at one time, and don’t try to put things back until everything has been sorted.

2) Don’t get overwhelmed. Anyone can do this. You have a finite number of things and you just have to go through each one item by item. It’s easy - you can pick things up and move them around one at a time. Just take it one item at a time and keep going till it’s done.

3) Fancy specialized storage containers and gizmos are all crap. Do not try to use them they cause more problems than they solve. You probably don’t need most of the stuff stored in the fancy gizmos anyway. Don’t try to rig up weird improvised storage solutions either. The best storage spots are the ones you already have: Drawers, cupboards, and a few small shoeboxes to subdivide the spaces as necessary.

4) Do not let your relatives go through your discards because they will take clutter they don’t need because it reminds them of you, or they are worried about how much you are getting rid of (even if you’re fine with it). Counter measure: Before you begin sorting, ask your relatives them if there’s anything they need. If you come across it in your discard pile, give it to your relative).

5) Do not discard your stuff by storing it with relatives or giving it as hand-me-downs to your relatives; it’s just making your problem into their problem.

6) Do not dispose of other peoples things. They will do it themselves when they notice how nice the rest of the house looks after you’ve tidied it.

7) Don’t discard a bunch of things just for the thrill of it. Make sure you retain things that you truly love, or you will just continue the cycle of comfort-buying and purging.

8 )Tidying-up by location is a trap because you may have multiple stores of the same type of item throughout the house and you may miss duplicates you didn’t know you had.

9) Don’t open and read the books when you are sorting them. Discard old books you haven’t read yet because you will never read them. Do not feel guilty about the books you haven’t read or have left half-finished.

10) Don’t feel guilty about discarding. You don’t have to wear-out everything you own. To truly cherish the things that are important to you, you must first discard those items that have outlived their purpose. It’s okay to discard things you’ve bought but are never going to wear or use. Sometimes buying things is ultimately an experience about learning what you don’t like. Learning from a mistake is more valuable than keeping something you don’t love.

11) Hesitation to discard something you don’t like is rooted in either an attachment to the past or a fear for the future. Figure out what’s holding you back and overcome it.

12) Changing your organization method to fit your personality type is a trap. Just follow the method as described and you will succeed.

13) Don’t keep clothing that’s not quite right as “loungewear”, you won’t really be able to relax in it.

14) Don’t store your off-season clothes separately from the rest of your clothes.

There’s a lot more in the book, but these were the main points. If you’re interested, do read the book!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Distracts - I agree, learning to get proper closure with things before discarding them make the whole process much easier. I get attached to things really easily, and what helps me is imagining how much use and joy the item is going to bring to the next person (I usualy donate my stuff to the second hand shop).

Zoe – That’s a great suggestion, unfortunately seeing them on the wall would just make me feel guilty about not wearing them. :((
Baby monster – legos are like tiny landmines! I think kid clutter is just something you have to live through until they are past the toy stage.

Crystal24k – Sounds like your de-cluttering is going great! I too have a mom with way too much stuff, and it’s a life-long struggle for her. I just sent her a copy of the tidying book :bigsmile:. I send my mom a new book every few years. Eventually something will click for her, I'm sure. I find that de-cluttering is something that gets easier over time, so if you’re diligent year after year you will get better at it over time.

Packrat – Did you read the pop news story about the Australian newscaster that wore the same suit all year round? The secret is different ties ;)) . http://www.people.com/article/karl-stefanovoc-wears-same-suit-year-sexism

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HopeDream|1420263826|3811210 said:
Arrange hanging clothes so they “rise” (get shorter and lighter) to the right.

I wonder what the reasoning behind this is. I always arrange my clothes in rainbow order, with lightweight/summer to heavier/winter clothes going left to right within each color. That way I don't have to think much about finding the right thing, all I need to know is what color I want and what the weather is and I can kind of grab at random from there. I used to store them on hangars that were the same color as the clothing hung on them, and I honestly prefer that, but last time I ordered hangars I just ordered a box of plain ones. The benefit is that now I look much less OCD.

HopeDream|1420263826|3811210 said:
9) Don’t open and read the books when you are sorting them.

hahahhahaaaaaaaaaa 8)

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh, I love a good clear out! Nothing like it. It gives me a feeling of achievement, lightness, and control, probably because most of my close family members have hoarding tendencies, and I find mess or clutter to be very depressing.

I clear out a few times a year with one really big clear out, plus a massive clean - stuff like shampooing the carpets and pulling the fridge out to vacuum the vent on the back. God, I remember the first time I had a major clear out, and the subsequent time. I have never chucked out so much stuff in my life. I found at least 50 random planks of wood in the hall closet. I mean, they just kept coming - the more I chucked out, the more I found! Heaven only knows where they came from. These days, it's easier because I do tend to keep up with it. My place is quite small, and I have a theory that a home looks a third larger when it's neat rather than messy.

Getting all my things under control took some time, but I think I'm there. I consider everything I have to be either useful or beautiful. (I think William Morris said to have nothing in your home that you do not believe to be beautiful or know to be useful.) I'm quite proud of how I've got the place organized these days, because no one else will do it, and when I picture what the place would be like if I hadn't done all the work - i.e. absolutely awful - I feel quite good about it. But it did take about three years of regular clear-outs to get a tight ship - i.e. only keeping things I love and/or use.

The only clutter I have is possibly some unwanted gifts, like scarves or a sweater, as I feel bad giving them away, or because they remind me of the giver.

I have a family member who will frequently re-buy things because he can't remember what we've already got. So we'll end up with three potato mashing spoons, for example, or multiple jars, or ten thermoses. I'll give them away except what's actually needed and he'll never notice. I do have to keep on top of that.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
HopeDream, my thought was that instead of feeling guilty for not wearing those items, they could become a piece of art, a memento of places you've been and/or gifts you've received. Enjoy the pieces for what they are (beautiful fabric, patterns, etc.) and not on the usual intended purpose. I get what you're saying though.

We moved about a year and a half ago, and while there's more square footage to our new condo, the layout is broken up differently. Our living/dining area is actually much smaller than what we used to have, so any typical clutter laying around (mail, books, etc.) makes the space look messy. I feel like we have too much furniture crammed into this space, but I can't imagine paring down what we have. It drives me crazy though. We use the finished basement for storage only since it's a bit musty. I go down there occasionally and see if there's anything we can donate -- things that we don't have room for in our super small kitchen, for example. They're things we once used and will probably use again if/when we move to a different place with more storage in the kitchen itself.

I always think about what I'd truly miss if we ever had a fire. It's a little drastic, but honestly, I don't think I'd miss much. Sure, I have pieces of art that mean a lot to me because they were painted by people I know, and I love the pottery I have from different places we've traveled.So yes, there are things that I'd feel sad about losing, but in general, that usually helps me pare things down a bit.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
hahaha that newscaster is my hero! I wish I could get it thru his head that I do laundry three times a week-he's not going to run out of clothes! One of our preschoolers gets on me for wearing the same shirts over and over.
We've got room for things (cripes we better, I can only get rid of so much stuff before it's like I don't even live here)..it's just a matter of someone and I won't name names but his initials are my husband, putting things away.

I *love* to organize. He gets irritated w/me when he tries to organize his crap b/c I tell him there's my way to do it and there's the wrong way. He doesn't get what I mean by my brain feeling calm when things are put away nicely. It feels good to open drawers and cupboards and see things arranged properly. Maybe it's an ocd/sensory thing, I don't know.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1420306438|3811327 said:
hahaha that newscaster is my hero! I wish I could get it thru his head that I do laundry three times a week-he's not going to run out of clothes! One of our preschoolers gets on me for wearing the same shirts over and over.
We've got room for things (cripes we better, I can only get rid of so much stuff before it's like I don't even live here)..it's just a matter of someone and I won't name names but his initials are my husband, putting things away.

I *love* to organize. He gets irritated w/me when he tries to organize his crap b/c I tell him there's my way to do it and there's the wrong way. He doesn't get what I mean by my brain feeling calm when things are put away nicely. It feels good to open drawers and cupboards and see things arranged properly. Maybe it's an ocd/sensory thing, I don't know.

I know exactly what you mean. Having a clean, tidy home is like being at a spa for me. I don't think it's OCD, I just think that clean, neat places are more pleasurable than the reverse, for many people.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I grew up in a very clean/tidy/orderly house. My mom was always going thru things and putting them right. Husband...soooo grew up the exact opposite times about a million.

I'm glad you get what I mean, Jambalaya! It's such a good feeling to look at a closet/whatever and think ohhh dear lord in heaven how did it get like this?! Pull everything out and get to business. I have a lot of those dorky plastic baskets from the dollar store (would feel better if they all matched in color but hey, they work, right?) and he'll ask me Didn't you just go thru that cabinet 2 days ago? Well, yes, I did, but see how much nicer it looks if I use these three long baskets to separate things rather than just the one bigger basket? Now my mind relaxes when I look in here.

My organizational genius goes unrecognized in my house..'cept by myself. Well, and I show my mom when she comes over-she appreciates a nice looking cabinet.

It's the little things.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have too much stuff! I go through a room at a time and tell myself that I am throwing out and/ or donating at least a trashbag sized worth of stuff for each room or closet. I start the purge the first weekend of the year and then do a room each weekend until finished. Rooms with large closets get split up as to closet and room otherwise it is too overwhelming. I also clean out my kitchen by throwing out older spices, canned goods and dry goods and mixes. ( I can't figure out if I should save vintage corningware cookware from the 1970s which I never use). My basement -which is the worst-is always last. I start from one end of the house to the other-floor by floor. I get rid of a lot but it seems to pile up each year. My husband will not get rid of any book which is frustrating. But I will not get rid of linens that I have not use but 'will' use one day. My youngest daughter and I just cleaned her room today and we did get rid of a trashbag full of stuff.

NTave

Shiny_Rock
I did a major closet declutter this week. I got rid of 7 bags of clothing. I didn't realize that I had so many clothes because they are all put away. I felt a little bit like a hoarder dropping them off to charity.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
NTave|1420415586|3811800 said:
I did a major closet declutter this week. I got rid of 7 bags of clothing. I didn't realize that I had so many clothes because they are all put away. I felt a little bit like a hoarder dropping them off to charity.

I need to face that one closet. It has my office clothes. I haven't worked in an office for 4 years, I have no plans to return to one and, even if I did, the clothing wouldn't fit me now (hello, weight loss thread!). But I have a hard time letting go of them. Not only are they nice, good quality things but it also feels like closing a chapter in my life (even if I have no plans of opening it back up).

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady_Disdain|1420418227|3811816 said:
NTave|1420415586|3811800 said:

I need to face that one closet. It has my office clothes. I haven't worked in an office for 4 years, I have no plans to return to one and, even if I did, the clothing wouldn't fit me now (hello, weight loss thread!). But I have a hard time letting go of them. Not only are they nice, good quality things but it also feels like closing a chapter in my life (even if I have no plans of opening it back up).
Isn't it amazing how much of our identity is invested into the clothing? I also have old work clothing that I'll most likely never wear (hello, age and pregnancy!) but have such a hard time throwing out. It's still wearable in theory, just not on me :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results