shape
carat
color
clarity

Winding up 2014....Wishing for 2015

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry DK. I bought most of my learner stones from him and it's either a hit or miss, but more often a hit. If you return it i hope it goes smoothly.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its good to know for the rest of us, as some of his photos are accurate, and some clearly are not. :(sad I'm sorry for the trouble it causes you DK, to have to send it back.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I already posted my new rings in another thread, but I thought I'd repost in case someone missed them. This is a fun thread.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-few-new-rings-to-share.209177/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-few-new-rings-to-share.209177/[/URL]

Top left is a pre-loved tourmaline from a PSer.

Solitaire is a reset Madagascar sapphire that I now wear as an eRing - Hunt Country did the reset for me on a shank that I had. My wedding band is thick and it's hard to find eRings that set flush.

Bottom left is a blue zircon from Jeff Davies. The setting is from Jeff also.

Ring on the bottom right is a tanzanite from Primagems - setting is from Prima also.

Edited to add that I have two or three stones that I'd really like to get set next year, but I didn't purchase them in 2014.

An unheated purple to blue color shift sapphire that's purple in most lighting; a trillion Merelani mint from Prima (I'm getting sketches done for a ring after the first); and my pear Mahenge Pink spinel. I was supposed to hear back from a vendor on an Emerald ring, but I haven't heard back so maybe it's not meant to be.

4_3.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have requested to return the round Spinel to him, as I can also see what appears to be a crack in the stone and on the surface under a loupe that was not obvious from the pic and the video.

The flower ring will have to wait until I can find a suitable round CS for the centre.

I shall decide which setting to choose for my oval pink Spinel and small round light blue sapphires next.

DK :))

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Being new to the coloured gemstone world I have nothing to report for this year, just a pair of sapphire ear rings that I bought for my wife. But unfortunately I bought them earlier in the year before I developed my growing gemstone obsession; they are artificial and can't really report on them here! (I don't know if I am lucky or unlucky that I care more than my wife about gemstones being natural :confused: )

In the new year I will be looking at purchasing a cabochon sapphire to set it in a ring for the wife, there will be a few questions before I make the decision so you all will be seeing this ugly long haired, heavy metal rocker's mug around the forum a little more!! :wavey:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those of you who have had stones set by Jeff Davies, may I enquire how you go about it please, as I cannot see this service being offered on his website or his eBay store. :confused:

Thanks for your help in advance.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
dk168|1419943911|3809528 said:
For those of you who have had stones set by Jeff Davies, may I enquire how you go about it please, as I cannot see this service being offered on his website or his eBay store. :confused:

All of my communication with Jeff now is via FB through messaging. He posts many of his stones for sale on his company page on FB. I took a leap of faith with the two stones I had him do settings for me by having him set them without me seeing the stone first (a sphene pendant and a zircon ring). I didn't want to have to deal with shipping the stones back to him, but I know others who have shipped to him without issue. He was excellent about answering all of my questions. To my knowledge, he only makes settings for the stones he sells.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is probably one of the cheapest rings ever made on PS. $10 blue green prehnite I got off ebay, and a copper ring from etsy (made in Israel) for $6. The prehnite is actually very nice, and they're a very good deal on ebay at the moment for people that like greenish stones. I have yet to have my jeweler set it. The setting fee (my jeweler charges $25) will probably be more expensive than the whole ring.

tlprehnitecopperring.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
colorluvr|1419945153|3809537 said:
dk168|1419943911|3809528 said:

All of my communication with Jeff now is via FB through messaging. He posts many of his stones for sale on his company page on FB. I took a leap of faith with the two stones I had him do settings for me by having him set them without me seeing the stone first (a sphene pendant and a zircon ring). I didn't want to have to deal with shipping the stones back to him, but I know others who have shipped to him without issue. He was excellent about answering all of my questions. To my knowledge, he only makes settings for the stones he sells.

Thanks for the information, and I shall bear that in mind if and when I buy one of his bigger and more expensive stones.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love too many stones in this thread to mention. Beautiful!
In 2015 I want to set a lot of these - really! The first is an unheated Montana sapphire, 6.5 mm OEC cut from Dana. The second is a sleepy Zamibian amethyst also from Dana.
Third is a lavender blue mist chalcedony from Turkey from Movingrock on Etsy. I love this one!
Fourth is quartz with covellite from Brad. It is so hard to photograph! More coming!

20141231_114251.jpg

2014-12-31_11.jpg

20141231_0.jpg

20141231_110726.jpg

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next is a sunstone iolite from Brad.I have really been into boulder opals lately. Most are from opalwing, The welo is from Dana Evans Studio, the tourmaline is from Linda Blumel and my beloved periwinkle sapphire is in there too. My pitcher plant is hungry for stones too!
Next is a group shot including my Mahenge spinel sunflower ring from Yvonne. I still need to send the chryso in for a recut.
Montana agates from Linda Blumel.

20141231_1.jpg

20141231_103848.jpg

20141231_113508.jpg

2014-12-31_12.jpg

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad I finally had my diamond studs reset into earrings made by Sally. It was also good to redo the Yvonne Raley umbalite ring and replace it with a sapphire from gemfix. Mali garnet and spinel pendant from Yvonne. Unheated sapphire in WG from SimplySapphires. Mexican Jelly Opal from Janishjewels. My top setting priority is the Mahenge spinel pear and the Elser tourmaline.

The last two are vintage fire agate pieces.

20141231_125428.jpg

20141231_134058.jpg

20141231_134236.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
ilovegemstones, I love your Montana Agates!I just took advantage of the last day of the Multicolour sale and made my last purchase of the year: two Bekily color change garnets and a maw sit sit! I now have 9 ccgarnets, well matched for color, change, size and clarity. When I get to 20 I will make a garnet by the inch chain, hopefully in time for christmas 2015

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
VapidLapid|1420051847|3810110 said:
ilovegemstones, I love your Montana Agates!I just took advantage of the last day of the Multicolour sale and made my last purchase of the year: two Bekily color change garnets and a maw sit sit! I now have 9 ccgarnets, well matched for color, change, size and clarity. When I get to 20 I will make a garnet by the inch chain, hopefully in time for christmas 2015

Maybe a 0,53 ct oval 5,2 x 4,2 x 3,2 mm???

If yes would be great if you post a picture. In the vendors pics it looked like a fine alex....

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Marlow I totally spaced/rushed when I was buying them and forgot to save to photos. I went back into my account and opened the details of the stones but the pics were gone, except for the maw sit sit. Ayway I did not take the oval. I took two pears that were eye clean and had no window, clean, bright and good color change.
Here is the maw sit sit

pleasema_sit_sit.jpg

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you - I think they have better pics now ( new pictures of some taaffeite and one was sold quickly - they noticed that a gem with a 50% window on a black background is no good idea! :D )

They CCGs are beautiful - the oval looked like a several thousand pct hematita alex - I am interested in the Nandagala CCGs.

Hope I see some pics of your pears....

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks VL! The necklace sounds beautiful and I can $t wait ti see it - I love cc garnets!

4_cs

Shiny_Rock
20141231_142142.jpg
20141231_141852.jpg 20141231_141747_0.jpg
So many beautiful gems. I can’t pick a favorite but maybe the lavender blue mist chalcedony. Might have to keep my eyes open.
I think I have collected these pieces in the past year and a half.
As you can see I caught the highly contagious moonstone fever.
Moonstone pair BB. I know almost exactly how I want to set them. Now I just need to figure out how to get it done.
Moonstone Oval-gem show
Tourmaline (BB) pendant with benitoite –HOW
New Year’s Resolution is to set what I have before I purchase anything new. We will see how long that lasts, as I’m looking for a color change garnet.
I bought most preloved off LT or DB. I’m generally not decisive enough to buy something when a gem drop happens.
Top row l-r-Namibian Demantoid(JBEG setting), gray spinel BB, blue/green tourmaline BB, Lavender spinel
Middle row-Russian Demantoid(gem line), lavender spinel BB, garnet trio from BB, pink/orange BB Tourmaline
Bottom row-Montana sapphire, Peter Torraca aquamarine, rhodolite garnets

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ilovegemstones said:
I love too many stones in this thread to mention. Beautiful!
In 2015 I want to set a lot of these - really! The first is an unheated Montana sapphire, 6.5 mm OEC cut from Dana. The second is a sleepy Zamibian amethyst also from Dana.
Third is a lavender blue mist chalcedony from Turkey from Movingrock on Etsy. I love this one!
Fourth is quartz with covellite from Brad. It is so hard to photograph! More coming!
That chalcedony is gorgeous, I live it's soft lilac/lavender color.

Happy new year, everyone!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4__cs, you've collected some beauties! Glad to see that lovely pendant again! :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
4___cs, you have amassed quite the collection! They are lovely!

4_cs

Shiny_Rock
Thanks. The pendant is my new favorite!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mochiko and 4cs!

That is one magical pendant 4cs. I would love to see a neck shot!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results