shape
carat
color
clarity

New sapphire and possible project

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone. I just wanted to share my newest purchase, a 1.10 carat unheated violet Sapphire from Gary at finewatergems. I saw this stone shortly after it was listed on Gary's site and the color really spoke to me. I was a little nervous about this stone because it is not precision cut and the cut almost looked a little off from the vendor photos. However, in hand, the stone does not show any extinction or a window and the polish is very nice. I tried my best to capture the color and cut accurately in my pictures but I do not think that I did a very good job of either :(( The photo of mine that best shows the color would have to be the one that I took in my bathroom and you can clearly see my sink in the background lol. I am very happy with the stone and I hope to use it along with the blue Sapphire that can be seen in some of the pictures in a stacking ring set once I get another small, square blue or purple sapphire. 8579055.jpg 5785576.jpg 594583.jpg img_8869.jpg img_7341.jpg img_5640.jpg img_3573.jpg img_2587.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty!!! I admired it on the site but it was immediately sold. I am so glad it was bought by a PSer!!! It looks great and I love the idea of stacking it with your blue sapphire.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
It looks very pretty!

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
So pretty! The stackers sound like they will be fantastic. =) Do you know if you prefer another blue or purple, or are you just going to see what you can find first?

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the kind words everyone! VirginiaZee, that is an excellent question. Before I had any stones for the stacking project, I originally wanted for each stone to be deeply saturated. While neither of the two sapphires that I have are pastel, they are definitely not very saturated. I would love to find a nice deep blue sapphire, but I do not know if that would look good with the two stones that I already have.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
What a color! I can't wait to see the completed stack!

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Aviastar! The color is unlike anything that I have ever seen in a sapphire in person. What I especially appreciate about this stone is how well it holds its color in all types of lighting. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions in terms of metal color for the stacking rings? I was hoping to play up the purple in both of the sapphires that I have so far.

CirrusClouds

Rough_Rock
Trade
I love this stone! What a beauty!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I love this colour! Congratulations! :appl:

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. I always think a really red rose gold would be a nice contrast to the lilac color.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love your stone but can I plead with you not to put it with the other sapphires? It's so scrumptious it needs to stand alone and be the star of the show! Lilac/lavender sapphires can look blue in some lighting conditions and therefore it might look a bit too much like the blue sapphire at times. In any event, having it as a separate piece of jewellery means you have to go shopping again to complete your stacker project! ;))

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it.

How would you be happy seeing it Gingercurls, with other stones or alone? You could do a sapphire halo? I like YG with it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results