shape
carat
color
clarity

When you see a person who is sporting a lot..

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I will go with "it depends".

First of all, I support everyone's right to dress as they wish, so even if I don't like something, it's a free world! lol

Normally the 'show off' vibe comes with multiple signals (not just a lot of jewelry). There may also be comportment, attitude, clothing choices, accessory choices, etc. The whole picture together is usually what informs my opinion.

I had a great aunt whose husband made a lot of money in agriculture. She had tons of gold and diamonds and often wore many pieces at once. But she was such a sweet elderly lady that it never occurred to me that she was showing off (not that I could discern). She just liked wearing everything her husband gave her.

I'm one of those people who likes to wear my jewelry because I physically enjoy the pieces. And if someone asks me about them, I will love to discuss! lol

Anne

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
or lack there of. I know a couple of gals that have no money but have inherited or had in the past beautiful jewelry but they still wear it all at once.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't see many people wearing any jewelry to speak of where I live, but sometimes when I travel I'll see women at an airport or on a plane wearing some bling, usually big engagement rings.

I don't think anything except "Wowzers, I wish that was mine!" Then I'll spin off into a fantasy where I can buy whatever jewelry I want. :dance:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
missy|1419419906|3807176 said:
I don't care for wearing a lot of jewelry at once. If someone is wearing beautiful pieces then I think ooh gorgeous. If someone is wearing too much jewelry and what I might consider gaudy then that is what I think. I don't automatically think someone is wealthy or poor by what jewelry they are wearing. In other words I rarely (at least I try not to) judge a book by its cover as looks can be and usually are deceiving.

I also don't care for someone wearing a lot of jewelry, especially if they own larger pieces. At that point, it looks better to have one or two statement pieces rather than a substantial amount of bling on every body part. When I'm 85 years old and have my millions, though, I probably will live on the wild side and wear everything I own so I can go out with a bang.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC|1419721388|3808439 said:
missy|1419419906|3807176 said:
I don't care for wearing a lot of jewelry at once. If someone is wearing beautiful pieces then I think ooh gorgeous. If someone is wearing too much jewelry and what I might consider gaudy then that is what I think. I don't automatically think someone is wealthy or poor by what jewelry they are wearing. In other words I rarely (at least I try not to) judge a book by its cover as looks can be and usually are deceiving.

I also don't care for someone wearing a lot of jewelry, especially if they own larger pieces. At that point, it looks better to have one or two statement pieces rather than a substantial amount of bling on every body part. When I'm 85 years old and have my millions, though, I probably will live on the wild side and wear everything I own so I can go out with a bang.

Your comment was too funny MC. I had a sales girl at a jewelry store tell me that once she hits 75 she is rocking it all everyday!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I honestly don't spend much time thinking about other's motivations. The snapshot that comes with that thinking is often judgmental and not really informed.

I have friends who wear numerous pieces--and those pieces represent not wealth in monetary terms, but rather are rich in stories of travels or are heirlooms, etc. It is a pleasure to see people enjoying their jewellery instead of it languishing in a safe.

cheers--Sharon

SB621

Ideal_Rock
maccers|1419450512|3807363 said:
No. And I really don't care if they are wearing a lot or a little. Anyone who wears a lot (high quality or low), can be fun to ogle at, I'm curious about what other ppl's tastes in jewelry.

Oh this exactly! I love all jewelry be it costume, antique, fine, contemporary whatever. I don't think wearing a lot or little equals wealth. And typically the more you wear the more interested I am in checking out everything :naughty:

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I was recently at Croghan's in Charleston ogling their Single Stone pieces. A woman in her late 70s-early 80s came in and they all rushed to help her. In overhearing their conversation, I learned that she apparently knew the owner from the Charleston Yacht Club. My husband, who tends to roll his eyes at jewelry, practically shoved me over in an effort to get me to notice the enormous diamond she was wearing. She was right next to me and was seemingly about to buy a VERY heavy gold bracelet and one of the $5-7k SS rings I'd been coveting. I dropped down to the lower shelf in the case so I could get a good look at her ring without being too obvious. She also said she stacks rings until they practically fall off her fingers and that she'd been stacking before it was the trend.

In her case, she struck me as someone who didn't care what others thought of her and that she just really enjoyed her jewelry.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I was recently at Croghan's in Charleston ogling their Single Stone pieces. A woman in her late 70s-early 80s came in and they all rushed to help her. In overhearing their conversation, I learned that she apparently knew the owner from the Charleston Yacht Club. My husband, who tends to roll his eyes at jewelry, practically shoved me over in an effort to get me to notice the enormous diamond she was wearing. She was right next to me and was seemingly about to buy a VERY heavy gold bracelet and one of the $5-7k SS rings I'd been coveting. I dropped down to the lower shelf in the case so I could get a good look at her ring without being too obvious. She also said she stacks rings until they practically fall off her fingers and that she'd been stacking before it was the trend.

In her case, she struck me as someone who didn't care what others thought of her and that she just really enjoyed her jewelry.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good story, Logan Sapphire!

I love those older women who DON"T EVER APOLOGIZE for the enormous bling they have and how much they have and I also love that they stack it and wedge it on and drape it on and you wonder, do they BATHE in it too, heehee!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1419878688|3809191 said:
Good story, Logan Sapphire!

I love those older women who DON"T EVER APOLOGIZE for the enormous bling they have and how much they have and I also love that they stack it and wedge it on and drape it on and you wonder, do they BATHE in it too, heehee!

ME TOO!!

I just wanna get close enough to get a good look at all of it. If if they seem nice, I just want to ask if I can grab their hand to get a better look! :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results