shape
carat
color
clarity

So I bought some new stuff...

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Btw here's a pic of the corner where I've been photographing the pearls. I usually sit on the chair and place the pearls in the pp paper box cover, then either hold the cover in one hand while trying to snap the pics with the other, or balance the cover on my lap, or place the cover on my nearby sofa.

image_2691.jpg

So I have my diffused natural light from the window and white walls, blinds and floor... A far easier set up than using a light tent.

Here's one more of the wave with my Tahitian pendant. You can see the colorful overtones on the pendant... And the absence of such overtones on the wave strand. Yeah, it bugs me a little that the wave has very little overtones... Then again, if it's a strand with rare colors AND intense overtones I don't think I can afford it. Oh well...

image_2692.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Wore the pendant and charm bracelet over the weekend and I now have a newfound appreciation of the pendant. Such pretty overtones and excellent luster. :love:

image_2697.jpg

And this is what I do when I'm bored in the car... ::)

image_2698.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Your wave pearls definitely remind me of Fiji pearls- in fact that's what I thought they were. They are so similar to the J Hunter pearls strands that I am always drooling over :lickout:

kylier

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful. Putting those special pearls on a charm bracelet was such a smart idea for being able to see them whenever you want. What gorgeousness! Love all your pieces!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
pinkjewel|1418133726|3798209 said:
Your wave pearls definitely remind me of Fiji pearls- in fact that's what I thought they were. They are so similar to the J Hunter pearls strands that I am always drooling over :lickout:

I've been drooling over those pastel toned pearls too. 8)

kylier|1418134831|3798216 said:
So beautiful. Putting those special pearls on a charm bracelet was such a smart idea for being able to see them whenever you want. What gorgeousness! Love all your pieces!

Thank you! ::)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I got my loose pairs back and I'm in love!!! :love: :love: :love:

I'm so excited and can't wait until daylight so here are some pics in a lightbox. Not the best lighting as I'll show later but I'm just so excited to share these beauties.

First, this is the setup for taking pics at night. I'm using a 'foldio' lightbox:

image_2712.jpg

And to show you how terrible the lighting is, here's my washed out looking wave strand in the box. Like I said, not the best lighting...

image_2713.jpg

Versus earlier shot taken indoors, shaded light (day blinds) about 1 meter from the window.

image_2681.jpg

Major diff huh?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ok, on with the pics! So I picked up the tahitians n GSSP that are both set as detachable earrings with diamond accents (0.09 carats each), along with my new huggies. I also picked up my new diamond studs with halo jackets so you'll see them in the pics too... :tongue:

I'll let the pics do the talking but remember that the lighting is not the best for pearls k?

image_2714.jpg

image_2715.jpg

image_2716.jpg

image_2717.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
A few more since I've already set up the box...

image_2719.jpg

image_2718.jpg

Sneaking a non-pearl pic in...
image_2720.jpg

I'm so delighted with these that I've asked the workshop to set the smaller pair of tahitians and to reset a fwp earring that I seldom wear. They should be ready before Christmas! :appl:

image_2721.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Every time I see those tahitian drops, my jaw drops! Look amazing with the diamond huggies. Did you get these done locally? Everything looks extraordinary.

Please post more photos. Can we see close ups of the drops and huggies separately? And of course, lots of ear shots, please!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE these earrings! And I love earring charms for my diamond huggie hoops, so next on my wish list are GSSP...what size are the pearls, and we need ear shots!!

eta: I love the wave strand...where did you get it from? The pearls are outstanding!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
:clap: amazing collection, I'll never get tire of seeing your beautiful pearls, their luster dazzles me everytime.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Pirard said:
LOVE these earrings! And I love earring charms for my diamond huggie hoops, so next on my wish list are GSSP...what size are the pearls, and we need ear shots!!

eta: I love the wave strand...where did you get it from? The pearls are outstanding!

Thanks! The GSSPs are 11-12mm. Ear shots in the next post. :)
I got the wave strand from Golay Singapore.

Tucs|1418485010|3800546 said:
Every time I see those tahitian drops, my jaw drops! Look amazing with the diamond huggies. Did you get these done locally? Everything looks extraordinary.

Please post more photos. Can we see close ups of the drops and huggies separately? And of course, lots of ear shots, please!

Thanks! Yup I got the settings done locally. I'll post close ups in the next post. :)

Lovinggems said:
:clap: amazing collection, I'll never get tire of seeing your beautiful pearls, their luster dazzles me everytime.

Thank you!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
So here are a few more pics to wrap up this thread.

image_2730.jpg

image_2731.jpg

Natural light
image_2766.jpg

Fluorescent light
image_2767.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Ah, thank you for these magnificent shots! A Christmas treat. And your ear shots are outstanding. I love that they are side-by-side.

Wear your gorgeous pearls in health and happiness and thanks for sharing.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
And finally my new detachable drops using the pair of smaller tahitians from Golay:

image_2768.jpg

That concludes my 2014 pearl buying spree. ::)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1419570466|3807792 said:
Ah, thank you for these magnificent shots! A Christmas treat. And your ear shots are outstanding. I love that they are side-by-side.

Wear your gorgeous pearls in health and happiness and thanks for sharing.

Thank you for your kind comments and it's been my pleasure. These pearls get way more love and attention online than in real life.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oh my Lord! Those earrings are fabulous! Those pearls .... well.....I already said fabulous ....astonishing....amazing... the colours are wonderful and the surface looks flawless. You have the best eye for pearls! I'm done..I'm speechless.. :love: :love: :love:

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
Such beautiful pearls. The luster and overtones are out of this world. I love the interchangeable settings.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Yes. Truly delicious. All of it!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
I agree. So delicious I could almost eat them. Especially the Tahitians, they are so lustrous and perfect they look liquid.

Well next time I'm in Singapore I know where I will go almost straight from the airport!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous Tahitian drops, and so well matched!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your kind comments! :wavey:

Frost Me|1419651528|3808193 said:

Erm... :confused:

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Icy_Jade, those new earring drops are both stunning ... the colors, shapes and luster are really extraordinary ... congratulations !!!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I just need to bump this tread up so everyone can revisit these magnificent pearls. Love your pearls Icy!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for doing so...I am actually taking an inspiration from Miss IcyJade...and am going to have these drops set with a small diamond to wear with my huggies. The second photo is super close up, so it looks more fuzzy but the luster is actually quite magnificent. img_1861.jpg img_1876.jpg

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
This is one of the drops pictured with a different drop with an electric blue orient (I hope I'm using that term correctly!)

img_1869.jpg

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1419570480|3807793 said:
And finally my new detachable drops using the pair of smaller tahitians from Golay:

image_2768.jpg

That concludes my 2014 pearl buying spree. ::)

Icy, what size are your diamond studs?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pirard, may I ask where you found those drops? They're fantastic!!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks. They are part of a larger purchase I made a few weeks ago.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results