shape
carat
color
clarity

help! 2.26 D VVS! & medium blue fluorence

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jin866

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I need some help from you experts. We recently purchased a 2.26ct DVVS1 ring. I absolutely love it. The only thing that bothers me is the medium blue florence. I know it won''t take away any beauty from the ring. However, it seems that it feels more right for the top ring like this (which I pay a lot of moeny for) to have none florence! It is still within the return period, please help me decide! Does it really matter?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/1/2005 20:52 PM
Author:jin866

it feels more right for the top ring like this (which I pay a lot of moeny for) to have none florence
Well, this is about "feeling" just as you say. I would expect a slight (3-5%) discount compared to similar diamonds without fluorescence priced by the same seller. Since you have obviously not chosen that D/VVS for the looks alone - D/VS of F/VS would have looked the same...whatever feels great for you should be the right answer.If you would rather have a diamond without fluorescence, there should be one out there for you, sure that.

IMO, this has nothing to do with the look of the stone but with current market perception of fluorescence, or something of that sort.

Just my 0.2
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personally I love fluorescence and many people find it a very desirable trait.

BUT in the world of diamonds, it is considered more of a negative and diamonds with fluor are usually discounted at least slightly.

So personally I think it'd be great fun to have a med blue fluor diamond, something different from the rest....but it sounds as though you may be more concerned with how it sounds to others to have a diamond with fluorescence?

If you are looking for a diamond with just an excellent pedigree, maybe a med blue fluor stone is not for you.

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think you should expect or count on a discount on a diamond this size in an ideal cut round in today''s market just because it has med. blue fluor.

In my opinion, the discounting of price for blue fluorescence of med. or lower intensity in ideal cut rounds today, especially those above two ct. is more fiction than fact.

In the size stone you are looking for/have purchased, there are only a handful available with Ideal or near-ideal characteristics.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2005 8:55
6.gif
6 PM
Author: DiamondExpert
I don''t think you should expect or count on a discount on a diamond this size in an ideal cut round in today''s market just because it has med. blue fluor.

In my opinion, the discounting of price for blue fluorescence of med. or lower intensity in ideal cut rounds today, especially those above two ct. is more fiction than fact.

In the size stone you are looking for/have purchased, there are only a handful available with Ideal or near-ideal characteristics.
I concur..........I find blue fluorescence makes for a crisper whiter white. I have larger size EC D VS with med blue fluor and think the fluor is of no concern whatsoever BUT it adds real lightening bolts to the white!

jin866

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for answering my questions. I learned a lot from this board. Now a few questions on another thread. Please comment.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results