shape
carat
color
clarity

1.8ct Namibian Demantoid garnet halo ring.

InToTheMystic

Shiny_Rock
Hi all - I got to pick up my demantoid ring from the jeweller today, and I'm absolutely delighted with the finished piece!

I only managed to snap a few quick pics before my hubby bundled it out of my hands to wrap it for under the Christmas tree, so I only have a few for now. I'm sure I'll take many, many more on Christmas day :naughty:

The finished product is size 7.5, set in 18kt white gold, with an 18kt rose gold bezel, and with milgrain around the bezel and the halo. The diamonds are 3 pointers, F colour and SI1. They are deliciously sparkly in the sun as well. The ring is very hefty and solid, exactly as I wanted it, and the lovely crown shaped open gallery is great for letting in light and for cleaning. It doesn't actually sit that high on the finger (the picture makes it look higher than it is) and it is very comfortable to wear.

I'm glad I didn't end up going with the bypass ring in the end, as I think this will be much more wearable. It is going to be a special occasions-only right hand ring though, due to the softness of the garnet. I want to be able to hand this one down to my new daughter in a somewhat serviceable condition in the future.

I originally posted about buying the loose stone here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/namibian-demantoid-what-to-do-with-it.206286/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/namibian-demantoid-what-to-do-with-it.206286/[/URL]

Now for pics!

In the shade...

And in the sun (albeit slightly overexposed)...

A blurry handshot...

p1080540.jpg

p1080541.jpg

p1080546.jpg

InToTheMystic

Shiny_Rock
And a few more shots...

It was actually hard to photograph because it was so sparkly!

p1080544.jpg

p1080549.jpg

p1080550.jpg

• Love
Reactions: T L

InToTheMystic

Shiny_Rock
Last one (for now...)

p1080542.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful! I just read your other thread and your demandoid looks even more beautiful now that it's set. :appl:

ETA: I just realised you're Australian! Is Allen based in Canberra? And what's the best way to contact him/ purchase stones?

InToTheMystic

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ricezo! I was very pleased with how the colour was retained in the setting.

Here's a progress pic when it was being made. This shot was buried in another thread earlier, but it is fun to see the before and after.

20141122_123737_1.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
So much fun to see progress shots! What's that stuff under the stones? You'll have to post more pics after Christmas! :D

InToTheMystic

Shiny_Rock
ricezo|1419059329|3804655 said:
It's beautiful! I just read your other thread and your demandoid looks even more beautiful now that it's set. :appl:

ETA: I just realised you're Australian! Is Allen based in Canberra? And what's the best way to contact him/ purchase stones?

I would imagine that the best way to get through to Allen from interstate is through the Mineshaft store in the city centre. He works in there on Saturdays if you wanted to talk to him directly. He's a lovely man and very approachable and I'm sure he'd be happy to talk you through his stock.

(And the stuff under the stones in the progress pic is good old blu-tack ;-) )

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the info!

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
I really really like this!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it. I also love the idea of rose gold around that stone. However, I think you should wear it more often. Jewelry is meant to be enjoyed, and if you're careful, you should wear it often and enjoy it. :bigsmile:

Can't wait for more pictures. :appl:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love your ring and the color of your demantoid is great.

InToTheMystic

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all. I'm really pleased with it.

TL, I have no doubt it will get worn more than it probably should. Anything can be termed a 'special occasion' if you put your mind to it :twirl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOWOW! :love: But now we have no wait for more pictures....phooey! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
That is beautiful, I love it with the rose gold!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty. Congrats with your ring and thank you for sharing your story and pics.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a fitting and stunning conclusion for a gorgeous stone! Love the ring and LOVE the stone.

InToTheMystic

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all. It's my first halo ring, and I can see why people get addicted to setting coloured stones this way.

The nice twist was that when we went to pick it up, my husband distracted me and then paid for it as a surprise Christmas present. That means that the kitty I'd put aside to pay for the setting can now be used to bump up the setting of my 7ct zircon. I'll hopefully have the progress shots for that early in the new year. Very excited! :loopy:

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Oh acinom, it's so eye catching! Gives me ideas to set my afghan tourmaline which is a very pretty green but not close to the sparkle on your demantoid :sun:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring! The YG bezel really makes your gorgeous stone pop!

Haywood74

Shiny_Rock
I've thought that demantoid was under-rated for a while now.....looks like you got a good one!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow wow wow.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring Mystic! Love the inner yellow gold bezel, one of the nicest 2-tone gold rings I've seen. Wear it in good health and happiness :))

InToTheMystic

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all :) The inner bezel is actually rose gold, but it is a soft buttery tone rather than a coppery one. It looks sort of halfway between rose and yellow gold for some reason, but it works well with the green of the garnet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results