shape
carat
color
clarity

I love my moonstones!!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
My Barry Bridgestock blue sheen moonstone pair arrived today, just in time for Christmas and I am so in love with them! They are so magical, I am thankful to everyone on PS for sharing their moonstones and for showing me how beautiful they can be. :wavey:

2.48tcw 6.9mm rounds

_25442.jpg

_25443.jpg

_25444.jpg

_25445.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
A few more pics because I can't help myself!

_25446.jpg

_25447.jpg

_25448.jpg

_25449.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS! Are you setting them as earrings? Love their glow and soft color! So pretty! :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning and of course, perfectly cut. Lucky girl. :))

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, they look like drops of water. Very beautiful.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely lovely!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your moonstones too!!! :love: :love:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Missy! I'm definitely setting them into earrings. Prong studs maybe in RG...tbc!

Thank you Minou, TL, Elliot and Acinom for your lovely comments! I'm so glad I found PS! I never would've discovered moonstone (or tourmaline..or zircon etc) without everyone here!

Acinom - this is next on my to do list after my tourm has been set!

I wish the sun would come out so I can take some decent photos! It's supposed to be summer here! :wavey:

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
They're gorgeous, can't wait to see what you do with them!

I'm so glad to see the recent moonstone craze! :naughty: I'm excited to see all the new projects.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are so pretty and I am partial to those that tend to blue.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Those will make great earrings! Very pretty!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Those are very nice moonstones. Barry selects the best for his web site. :lickout:

I would suggest putting a dark background behind them to emphasize the blue sheen.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you star sparkle, Lisa and colorluvr - The blue sheen is so magical, I am so in love with them!

Thanks Fly Girl! I think you are right re the dark background, the blue is much more prominent against black. Do you think it's okay to put a black backing on them? Are there any cons to this?

A couple more pics I snapped today. Sadly, still waiting for the sun to come out.

_25490.jpg

_25491.jpg

_25492.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1419305240|3806256 said:
Thank you star sparkle, Lisa and colorluvr - The blue sheen is so magical, I am so in love with them!

Thanks Fly Girl! I think you are right re the dark background, the blue is much more prominent against black. Do you think it's okay to put a black backing on them? Are there any cons to this?

A couple more pics I snapped today. Sadly, still waiting for the sun to come out.

I would leave an opening in the back because a closed back might trap dirt and moisture. I think a halo, or metal surrounding the stone and a heavy gallery would enhance the blue instead, and it would still be easy to clean.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1419310983|3806287 said:
I would leave an opening in the back because a closed back might trap dirt and moisture. I think a halo, or metal surrounding the stone and a heavy gallery would enhance the blue instead, and it would still be easy to clean.

Thanks for the advice TL, I really appreciate it! :wavey:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a heavy gallery might be doable. Then again, they don't get as dirty as earrings so a foiled back might not be as bad as in a ring as long as you keep them dry.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
It depends on the look you want for having a foiled back. I like to see the clarity of clear moonstones like yours, so I set them with an open bezel. However, if you put them with metal in the back, especially blackened metal, the schiller is easier to see.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunningly gorgeous!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I will just add my name to the long list of those that think your moonstones are lovely. Enjoy them.

Annette

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1419350709|3806437 said:
I think a heavy gallery might be doable. Then again, they don't get as dirty as earrings so a foiled back might not be as bad as in a ring as long as you keep them dry.

pregcurious said:
It depends on the look you want for having a foiled back. I like to see the clarity of clear moonstones like yours, so I set them with an open bezel. However, if you put them with metal in the back, especially blackened metal, the schiller is easier to see.

Thanks Chrono and pregcurious - Heavy gallery may be the way to go then. I would like to enhance the Schiller but The backings do sound problematic. Say I wore the backed earrings and it started to rain, would I have to quickly remove them to keep them dry?

Also, do you think that some form of metal around the stone (halo or bezel) would enhance the Schiller? I initially wanted to prong set them but happy to bezel instead. I just them to look amazing!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
AprilBaby said:
Stunningly gorgeous!

smitcompton said:
Hi,

I will just add my name to the long list of those that think your moonstones are lovely. Enjoy them.

Annette

Thank you AprilBaby and Annette for your kind comments! I am so happy with them! In fact, Barry is setting aside a third larger cab for me for a matching ring or pendant. :))

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stones! I'm loving all of the pretty moonstones popping up lately. Looking forward to seeing them set :))

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seems like your pair of moonstones have very nice blue flash. I'm sure they will be gorgeous as earrings.. can't wait to see pics once they're set!! :appl: :appl:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They're gorgeous :clap:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Rosebloom|1419391072|3807000 said:
Gorgeous!!!

Thank you Rosebloom! I am so incredibly happy with them!

woofmama said:
Gorgeous stones! I'm loving all of the pretty moonstones popping up lately. Looking forward to seeing them set :))

Thanks woofmama! I can't wait to set them! It'll be a couple of months though as I want to wrap up another project first so I get my fix by taking them out of their box to play with everyday!

mochiko42 said:
Seems like your pair of moonstones have very nice blue flash. I'm sure they will be gorgeous as earrings.. can't wait to see pics once they're set!! :appl: :appl:

Aww thanks Mochiko! I totally blame you for my new moonstone addiction! Your moonstone/feldspar thread showed me how beautiful they can be. :D

thecat said:
They're gorgeous :clap:

Thank you thecat! I love them! I will hopefully have a third stone soon to add to my collection!

Merry Christmas everyone! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results