shape
carat
color
clarity

Best Purchase of 2014

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chemo is worth every penny. Much love, ecf.

Paz

Rough_Rock
NTave|1419369762|3806699 said:
Forgive me, my tech skills are nil, hence the pic free profile. I figured out how to throw this on after not posting a pic in a long time! image_2758.jpg

Your ring and studs are beautiful! I'm also loving your manicure :love: What color polish are you wearing?

My best purchase this year is a toss-up between a trip home for my mother's memorial/burial (she passed last year), or a plane ticket for my dad.

Dad had a stroke earlier this year and his doctor advised him to take it easy. Living in Maine during the winter, he is always shoveling snow, so we got him a ticket to spend the entire winter with us in FL. :praise:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1419116417|3804956 said:
Ckrickett that's a gorgeous necklace! So nice that you were able to have your grandma with you in spirit for your wedding.

Best purchase this year is tough...got a new (to me) Toyota Highlander although that was a bit bittersweet. I do like having the larger vehicle though in case I need to haul stuff around and for the 4WD.

Plane tickets/resort/weddingmoon at Turks & Caicos would be up there too. Most amazing vacation I have ever been on, plus I got married to boot.

Jewelry I have gotten a few big pieces this year too. Upgraded my engagement ring to the antique cushion I wanted to begin with and got a custom setting, bought an antique french band for my wedding band and had it restored, and one of my faves has been my just shy of 2tcw OEC yellow gold dangles from Grace. They are so versatile!

And although I didn't technically spend money on obtaining him, I have spent money on him so that counts right? My little yorkie baby is my first dog and I have been wanting a dog ever since I was little. He is the cutest!!! And a little stinker. But I love him so much!!

Love your purchases pandabee!!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1419373242|3806753 said:
Chemo is worth every penny. Much love, ecf.

Thanks. He got a treatment yesterday, and is doing fine today! Last time it knocked him down for a while, but he rallied, and I think he feels better now than he has in a while.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eco, Sending healing dust to your baby boy.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ecf8503|1419372804|3806745 said:
Remodeled 3 bathrooms (new tile, paint, granite counters, etc), new tile in the front landing, down payment on a house for my mom, my baby AVR, and chemo for my 19 year old kitty boy. :)

How wonderful! Much beauty and love!!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Paz|1419373338|3806756 said:
NTave|1419369762|3806699 said:
Forgive me, my tech skills are nil, hence the pic free profile. I figured out how to throw this on after not posting a pic in a long time! image_2758.jpg

Your ring and studs are beautiful! I'm also loving your manicure :love: What color polish are you wearing?

My best purchase this year is a toss-up between a trip home for my mother's memorial/burial (she passed last year), or a plane ticket for my dad.

Dad had a stroke earlier this year and his doctor advised him to take it easy. Living in Maine during the winter, he is always shoveling snow, so we got him a ticket to spend the entire winter with us in FL. :praise:

Paz--you've had your hands full. I hope that Florida goes a long way for your Dad! :appl:

cheers--Sahron

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
ecf8503|1419372804|3806745 said:
Remodeled 3 bathrooms (new tile, paint, granite counters, etc), new tile in the front landing, down payment on a house for my mom, my baby AVR, and chemo for my 19 year old kitty boy. :)

His eyes speak volumes. I hope the treatments work for him :love:

NTave

Shiny_Rock
I think that's such a wonderful gift to your dad. New England weather can be so tough, the warmth must be so welcoming! The nails are OPI Thank Glogg it's Friday.

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
If we're talking best jewelry purchase of the year, it would have to be this ring... BUT

If we're talking overall.... it would have to be Eddie.. best acquisition in a very long time...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RandG|1419421983|3807192 said:
If we're talking best jewelry purchase of the year, it would have to be this ring... BUT

If we're talking overall.... it would have to be Eddie.. best acquisition in a very long time...

Awww gorgeous ring but OMG Eddie is such a sweetheart!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: So happy for all of you and your additional family member!

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
Missy-- thank you. This cat has been my pal this year, a tough year overall. Somehow, in our quiet time together, he has comforted me in a way no one else can. I'm more excited to show him his new kitty condo tomorrow than I am to see my kids open their presents. I know I've lost my mind. But I'm okay with it :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rand, I totally agree with you. You have not lost your mind. Animals are one of the best comforts in life. I wish we could save them all. Sorry you had a challenging year...
Hugs to you and wishing you a happy and healthy 2015!

Another good 2014 purchase I forgot about-
our Pilates Balanced Body Allegro reformer. One of my favorite purchases for sure.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RandG|1419423318|3807201 said:
Missy-- thank you. This cat has been my pal this year, a tough year overall. Somehow, in our quiet time together, he has comforted me in a way no one else can. I'm more excited to show him his new kitty condo tomorrow than I am to see my kids open their presents. I know I've lost my mind. But I'm okay with it :)

Kitty condo! :love: We want to see it also! :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

The ring is lovely. But Eddie is a show stopper. That face! He's so adorable.

I'd like to see the Kitty Condo too.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

RandG, it looks to me like you you got two beauties this year. I love your ring but Eddie is priceless. Our animals have away of warming our hearts like nothing else can. If you have lost your mind so have many of us here. I like to think of it as I'm in great company!
I'm sorry it's been a difficult year but am happy you had Eddie to help you thru it.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I *just* picked it up a few weeks ago...

A new Miele Delphi vacuum.

Love it! Now I can see how much the vacuum we had been using (a central one) sucked.

(OMG Eddie is so cute I can't take it! What kind of cat is he? Lately I have realized how much I *love* the way British Shorthair cats look! Unfortunately I'll never own one since I'm in the habit of picking mutt cats off the street! :lol:)

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
He's a 4 year-old shelter cat but I think he has some Russian Blue in him because he produces no real dander. He seems to like sleeping where there is coverage; dining room chairs, under the coffee table, the bed... hopefully the condo will give him whatever comfort and privacy he's seeking. I know giving him a home has helped to heal him, but really, he has healed us. I'm very grateful.

I got both the condo and gym type thing at Foster & Smith. First time trying anything other than an empty cardboard box with cut-outs for windows, so I'll let you know how he likes it.

Is there a pet thread?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh, Eddie is a beauty! Love his color! :love: (You already know how I feel about the ring!) I hope 2015 is a much better year for you, RandG!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In addition to of course my new Whiteflash diamond ring (you can search my threads for it), which I still have not taken a good shot to show it's beautiful color play,

I have to say this black and Decker dust buster. It is the kind you can keep plugged in without messing up the battery.
Considering 2 kids, a dog and a cat, it is so great to have around!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006LXOJC0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There were 2 shelter cats I fell in love with this fall, when I went to the petstore for unrelated purchases. Sister and brother named Pandora and Poseidon, main coon mix. What magnificant creatures, about 5 months old.

Unfortunately my husband is allergic to cats. He can deal with our cat because she she spends a lot of time outside and is rather reclusive, but didn't think he could handle a 2nd cat in house :(sad . Also I wouldn't know if I got a larger cat if it would bully our older smaller cat, and she deserves a comfortable live at this point (she is around 15 years old).

I kept checking the website they originated from until they disappeared from the database, so I'm sure they found homes. the most I felt that kind of longing in a long time.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WoooooHooooooo. The clothes washer finally died so I get to buy a new high capacity one today! Been limping along with a really old washer and dryer so, yes, I am strangely excited to get a new set. Steam feature, yum.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My best jewelry purchase was a pair of Gurhan "Classic Wheat" drop earrings, purchased at a discount at a local jeweler's "consolidation sale." I was looking for much more traditional earrings and these weren't even on my radar screen - until I tried them on. Love them on! They're a bit heavy for everyday wear, but perfect for even slightly special occasions. They're especially good right now - they compliment the simple cashmere sweaters that I love to wear in the winter very nicely!

fullsizerender-5_2.jpg fullsizerender-6.jpg

My best investment of the year was a contribution to my nephew's first year in college.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1419612079|3807922 said:
WoooooHooooooo. The clothes washer finally died so I get to buy a new high capacity one today! Been limping along with a really old washer and dryer so, yes, I am strangely excited to get a new set. Steam feature, yum.

Great stuff! Please include cat shots! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1419636701|3808127 said:
My best jewelry purchase was a pair of Gurhan "Classic Wheat" drop earrings, purchased at a discount at a local jeweler's "consolidation sale." I was looking for much more traditional earrings and these weren't even on my radar screen - until I tried them on. Love them on! They're a bit heavy for everyday wear, but perfect for even slightly special occasions. They're especially good right now - they compliment the simple cashmere sweaters that I love to wear in the winter very nicely!

fullsizerender-5_2.jpg fullsizerender-6.jpg

My best investment of the year was a contribution to my nephew's first year in college.

Very beautiful! Love Gurhan!! Look very well on you!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
part gypsy|1419604606|3807868 said:
In addition to of course my new Whiteflash diamond ring (you can search my threads for it), which I still have not taken a good shot to show it's beautiful color play,

I have to say this black and Decker dust buster. It is the kind you can keep plugged in without messing up the battery.
Considering 2 kids, a dog and a cat, it is so great to have around!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006LXOJC0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There were 2 shelter cats I fell in love with this fall, when I went to the petstore for unrelated purchases. Sister and brother named Pandora and Poseidon, main coon mix. What magnificant creatures, about 5 months old.

Unfortunately my husband is allergic to cats. He can deal with our cat because she she spends a lot of time outside and is rather reclusive, but didn't think he could handle a 2nd cat in house :(sad . Also I wouldn't know if I got a larger cat if it would bully our older smaller cat, and she deserves a comfortable live at this point (she is around 15 years old).

I kept checking the website they originated from until they disappeared from the database, so I'm sure they found homes. the most I felt that kind of longing in a long time.

Good on ya; Dust Buster and diamonds! Way to cover all bases! :bigsmile: Sorry the cats did not make their way to your home, but hope they found another loving home.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ2008|1419452631|3807380 said:
I *just* picked it up a few weeks ago...

A new Miele Delphi vacuum.

Love it! Now I can see how much the vacuum we had been using (a central one) sucked.

(OMG Eddie is so cute I can't take it! What kind of cat is he? Lately I have realized how much I *love* the way British Shorthair cats look! Unfortunately I'll never own one since I'm in the habit of picking mutt cats off the street! :lol:)

I adore Miele products. I hope it continues to suck. :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
missy|1419168034|3805227 said:
Skippy|1419116981|3804960 said:
Well shockingly my best purchase is my Vitamix. I thought it would sit on the counter and use it occasionally. Nope, I use it everyday and even thought about taking it with me on Vacation to Colorado. lol I wish I bought one a long time ago, well worth the money! I can't think of anything else I bought where I feel that way. Fun thread Sharon!!! :wavey:

Skippy! I love our Vitamix. LOVE it. And lol about taking it on vacation with you...that's why we bought 2 this summer so we always had one with us. OMG diamonds and Vitamixes so much in common with my fellow PSers. :cheeky:

Yay, I am glad I am not the only one that LOVES their Vitamix. I do not feel this way about any other appliance though. The Vitamix is aaaaaamazing! 2, that is Fantastic!!! :appl:

Sharon, great to see you too, I missed you! :wavey:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Woah, baby, amazing ring :love: :love: :love:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok so I'll add this to my car as my other best purchase... Now that it's not a secret anymore!

imageuploadedbytapatalk1420058297.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy|1419641783|3808144 said:
missy|1419168034|3805227 said:
Skippy|1419116981|3804960 said:
Well shockingly my best purchase is my Vitamix. I thought it would sit on the counter and use it occasionally. Nope, I use it everyday and even thought about taking it with me on Vacation to Colorado. lol I wish I bought one a long time ago, well worth the money! I can't think of anything else I bought where I feel that way. Fun thread Sharon!!! :wavey:

Skippy! I love our Vitamix. LOVE it. And lol about taking it on vacation with you...that's why we bought 2 this summer so we always had one with us. OMG diamonds and Vitamixes so much in common with my fellow PSers. :cheeky:

Yay, I am glad I am not the only one that LOVES their Vitamix. I do not feel this way about any other appliance though. The Vitamix is aaaaaamazing! 2, that is Fantastic!!! :appl:

Sharon, great to see you too, I missed you! :wavey:

:appl: xoxo Skippy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results