shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice plz! Halo size...

Hankh

Rough_Rock
I'm planning to propose in the next 2 weeks and finally got my ring today. I'm worried the halo is too big. I don't know much about rings and had to get a custom ring made because my girlfriends finger size is to small for most ring settings. She wanted a smaller band and diamonds around the center diamond and didn't realize the halo diamonds I chose were too large for what I wanted. I would have to pay for a new ring setting and the CAD was misleading to the outcome. Should I go ahead and change the ring now or propose and let my girlfriend possibly help redesign the ring. Thoughts?? The ring is really nice but I want it to be perfect and most halo rings have smallers diamonds around the center diamond. Center diamond is 1.84

_25536.jpg

Hankh

Rough_Rock
Re: Advice plz!

Another pic

_25537.jpg

_25538.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it's really overwhelming. But I would wait till she sees it.

But don't draw things out. Make sure she sees it ASAP.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hankh|1419396831|3807098 said:
I'm planning to propose in the next 2 weeks and finally got my ring today. I'm worried the halo is too big. I don't know much about rings and had to get a custom ring made because my girlfriends finger size is to small for most ring settings. She wanted a smaller band and diamonds around the center diamond and didn't realize the halo diamonds I chose were too large for what I wanted. I would have to pay for a new ring setting and the CAD was misleading to the outcome. Should I go ahead and change the ring now or propose and let my girlfriend possibly help redesign the ring. Thoughts?? The ring is really nice but I want it to be perfect and most halo rings have smallers diamonds around the center diamond. Center diamond is 1.84
Rule #1...The guy should never order a custom made ring hoping that his gf will love. It is a big gamble and 95% of the time the guy will lose!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very wise words from DF!

DK :))

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, it is too big. I would pull the diamond out and propose with that. Is she the type that would tell you the truth about it if she hated the setting or would she be afraid to hurt your feelings if she did not like it and just keep it anyway? Lucky lady though to get such a nice diamond, good luck with your proposal.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the cads were misleading I'd bring that up. Express how it didn't meet your expectations and push for a refund. Hard.

Also what size is her finger that required custom ? I've never heard that before

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results