shape
carat
color
clarity

Pricing for Emerald rings please.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I finally found an emerald ring that I really like that isn't horribly expensive. It's not cheap by any means, but not a down payment on a house expensive either. I usually buy stones and then get settings, but this ring caught my eye. I'm supposed to get an email today that verifies the lack of treatment (perhaps oiled) etc. It's from a reputable vendor, but I don't want to share the name until I decide if I'm going to take the plunge.

If I remember correctly, it's an emerald cut 1.27ct stone with .65ct of diamonds in 18k white and yellow gold. The emerald is bezeled and is a great color and not highly included. The workmanship on the ring is very good and it's an understated ring which I want.

Can anyone provide some links to some nice emerald rings with approx that size stone with a good color? I'm trying to decide if the price is reasonable. I have a pretty good sense of the cost of most other stones, but when it comes to emeralds I'm clueless because most I see are either really expensive or not good quality. If any of you have an idea of per ct. price for a nice emerald, that would be appreciated also. TIA.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Chrono.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I'd still appreciate some links to some emerald rings in the 1 - 1.5 ct range - thanks!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
You can price out the setting:

www.idjewelry.com
www.whiteflash.com
www.briangavindiamonds.com

I listed them in ascending order for price. These are retail prices. Add this to the price of the emerald for an approximate cost.

Here are already done emerald rings:
http://www.doverjewelry.com/?s=emerald+ring&post_type=product
www.bluenile.com

The cost should also take into account the extent of the treatment on the emerald, but that might be difficult to determine for an assembled ring before buying.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
pregcurious|1419294466|3806115 said:
You can price out the setting:

www.idjewelry.com
www.whiteflash.com
www.briangavindiamonds.com

I listed them in ascending order for price. These are retail prices. Add this to the price of the emerald for an approximate cost.

Here are already done emerald rings:
http://www.doverjewelry.com/?s=emerald+ring&post_type=product
www.bluenile.com

The cost should also take into account the extent of the treatment on the emerald, but that might be difficult to determine for an assembled ring before buying.

Thanks for the link. I "believe" they sourced the emerald and had the ring made. The salesperson didn't have all the background info, but was supposed to find out the details and let me know.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For what its worth (since it sounds a lot like what you are looking at): 18kt (6.42 grams), .90 ctw diamonds, 1.01 ct Columbian emerald. Minor treatment but modern (you mentioned you were looking for oil only). The final total cost (incl sizing) was $2300.

Obviously, color, clarity and treatments all make a big difference in price.

emeraldring.jpg

Keep in mind, that I am not the savvy deal shopper many are here nor was I shopping for an emerald rings (actually was looking at tsavorites). Mine was purchased at Intergem and I did at least browse around to make sure I wasn't overpaying. So I am fairly comfortable that it was a fair price even if not a bargain (others feel free to dispute, my feelings won't be hurt =) )

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Emeralds have gone up in value more than sapphires. I don't know what is going on, but two top emerald dealers in Columbia were killed. There was a time that the drug cartels were involved, and i wonder if this uptick in emerald value is starting emerald wars again.
It appears that even a carat of so-so quality emerald can bring 1,000.00 per ctw. Its amazing to me.

Good Luck.

Annette

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
lilmosun|1419359929|3806570 said:
For what its worth (since it sounds a lot like what you are looking at): 18kt (6.42 grams), .90 ctw diamonds, 1.01 ct Columbian emerald. Minor treatment but modern (you mentioned you were looking for oil only). The final total cost (incl sizing) was $2300.

Obviously, color, clarity and treatments all make a big difference in price.

emeraldring.jpg

Keep in mind, that I am not the savvy deal shopper many are here nor was I shopping for an emerald rings (actually was looking at tsavorites). Mine was purchased at Intergem and I did at least browse around to make sure I wasn't overpaying. So I am fairly comfortable that it was a fair price even if not a bargain (others feel free to dispute, my feelings won't be hurt =) )
Pretty ring - I think you got a good deal on it. How long have you had it if you don't mind me asking?

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought it in October. I should mention that it was from one of my pearl vendors..she was selling some old inventory from one of her suppliers. So I probably got better than her usual pricing...but neither of us knew much about emeralds. In fact, she let me take it with just a down payment so i was able to send to AGL before paying the balance (due at the end of the month). As a FYI, AGL was another $200 with postage so you can factor that in if your stone has a certificate.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While emerald pricing has gone up, the nice thing is that a one carat emerald faces up like a two carat sapphire. They're not dense stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results