shape
carat
color
clarity

Purse recommendations please

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Currently I have a Coach purse, but the zipper is coming apart making it difficult to zipper close. This is the second purse same issue. I need a purse for when I send it in. Can someone suggest a brand under $100. I have a shoulder bag right now and looking for black with silver hardware which Coach doesn't have right now.

Thank you in advance.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fossil maybe?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I would think that there are lots in that price range, so no specific brand/designer recommendations. Zappos lets you search by things like color, style, price, etc.

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I'll check both out shortly. ;-)

FancyLuckyLady

Rough_Rock
Calvin Klein have some decent purses. Do you have chain stores like Tjmaxx or Burlington Coat Factory or Marshalls in your area? They have some decent handbags for better than market retail prices. I personally like browsing for handbags at those stores. They have all sorts of different name brands, but sometimes it's like finding treasure. Good luck.

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
I do and always forget about those stores. Thank you! :)

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I also like TJMaxx, because the selection has both designer bags and those that are not leather, but look so good, it becomes a temptation to buy those instead of leather. I have a friend who buys the less expensive ones, which she changes out often, but those bags have also lasted. I love their bag choices.

Annette

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
I have always loved Coach bags but the new ones are nothing like the originals from a couple of decades ago, which lasted for years. My solution was to shop on Ebay for "vintage Coach leather" and then all the other things I wanted, like color and size. I now have a box in the basement to last me into my dotage.
I do like the looks of some of the Michael Kors and Kate Spade bags but they are so expensive for what they are! If you are near New York City, the various branches of Century 21, especially the original one right by the World Trade Center, have designer bags at big discounts.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would go to TJMaxx,or Marshall's, they have a great selection of bags.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd go for a second hand Dooney. You can find one on Tradesy or Ebay for 100.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1419291842|3806095 said:

Love Dooney bags. They are very well made, durable and attractive too. Second hand is a great suggestion!

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy|1419291842|3806095 said:

I've never heard of Tradesy. Going to check it out now. And I agree about the quality. The ones I've touched and looked at seem to be very well made. Never owned one but...

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
boerumbiddy|1419267660|3805804 said:
I have always loved Coach bags but the new ones are nothing like the originals from a couple of decades ago, which lasted for years. My solution was to shop on Ebay for "vintage Coach leather" and then all the other things I wanted, like color and size. I now have a box in the basement to last me into my dotage.
I do like the looks of some of the Michael Kors and Kate Spade bags but they are so expensive for what they are! If you are near New York City, the various branches of Century 21, especially the original one right by the World Trade Center, have designer bags at big discounts.
I think they do have the "originals" back in their rotation online, the Stewardess, etc., but I can't quantify the leather quality. I assume it's on par.

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
I just bought a Harveys "Lola" and LOVE it! :love:

Paz

Rough_Rock
I was a Coach girl forever, but have fallen in love with Cole Haan bags! They have classic designs, smushy leathers, and are great quality. Check out 6pm.com for deals (sometimes you can find them at TJ's) or an outlet if you have one nearby. They retail for over $100, but I've bought several bags for less than $75, by shopping at discount stores.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you are like me when it comes to handbags and you don't need the 'latest and greatest' style that was JUST OUT THIS SEASON, then I think pre-owned handbags are the way to go. My tastes don't change, and I am not a fashion hound. So for me, pre-owned just makes sense.

Also check Bonaza, it's like ebay but with lower listing fees and a lot of the purse forum members who treat their bags like gold then sell them off at great prices, post there.

Frankly it's the best of both worlds, nice high end bags that have the 'driven off the lot' discount already.

I rarely can justify or afford spending more than 300 on a handbag. But find that 300 buys a heck of a lot in terms of pre-loved bags. And the bags I've gotten are in great shape. I just make sure that the ones I pick have VERY little signs of wear.

I actually list on Tradesy myself when I'm selling things. They make it very easy to list stuff on there. And I prefer them to ebay. Though ebay gets more traffic.

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
I've never heard of Bonanza. Going to check it out now. Thank you. Love all you suggestions. :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check tradesy again, if you checked it yesterday. I saw some new bags when I checked it today.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven't read whole thread but wanted to mention that COACH's semi-annual sale started today

http://www.bradsdeals.com/deals/coach-semi-annual-sale-items-from-36-p193119?&rilt=DEALID_193119_HEADLINE&TID=32856-2014-12-23-12-00-e-1-email-19922451&emailid=19922451&d=122314&utm_source=email&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=bradsdeals.5445

With some huge bargoooons. If you want another Coach?!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy|1419270652|3805838 said:
I would go to TJMaxx,or Marshall's, they have a great selection of bags.

Ditto. Rack has some good deals too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results