shape
carat
color
clarity

Coach purse recommendations

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone just gave me a $150 gift certificate to Coach.

I've never owned a Coach bag and I know I would have to put money on top of that to be able to get one, so I want to try to get a "good" model.

I'd be willing to put in another $100-$150 (hopefully that's enough?)

Any recommendations?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know Coach is having a big sale going on now. Check out the coach website. One I was thinking of purchasing was normally close to $600 and is now marked down to $359. I purchased a few at Macy's in November.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry CJ, It's pretty obvious you checked out the Coach website. Some great prices.. Don't you think.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1419276082|3805906 said:
Sorry CJ, It's pretty obvious you checked out the Coach website. Some great prices.. Don't you think.

Oh, it's OK, Callie, thanks for looking!

Yes, definitely would love to buy something on sale rather than pay full price!

Guess I was just hoping someone here would have experience with the 2 models I'm looking at and let me know if one is better than the other and why...or even just owned a lot of Coach bags and be able to tell which one will hold up longer, etc.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That last link, so elegant. What color are you thinking?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm no help but to say I love both the Scout and the Sullivan from your links and I love the navy color. It's a great color for a bag and a neutral that is not black so it's different but still versatile.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Azstonie - I'm definitely leaning towards the navy...like Missy said, neutral...but yet, with a little edge over black...(although the soapstone is beautiful too - but I can't imagine that for an every day bag...maybe if I owned a few... :cheeky: )

(for some reason the links are no longer taking me to the right items...weird).

The models I'm considering are the BLEECKER Sullivan hobo, the Scout hobo and the MADISON east/west tote (but the Sullivan and the Scout are my top 2)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am all about Navy. My go-tos are Navy and Camel for bags bec they go with everything. I like something that can be worn crossbody or on shoulder, so if it's only got one strap, it has to adjust in length to be both lengths.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1419301083|3806202 said:
I am all about Navy. My go-tos are Navy and Camel for bags bec they go with everything. I like something that can be worn crossbody or on shoulder, so if it's only got one strap, it has to adjust in length to be both lengths.

I've worn only black purses as far back as I can remember.

I need a change. 8)

I am loving the navy...

Looks like both the Sullivan and the Scout can be worn either way...I always wear my bags on my shoulder - but that may be because I have no other choice...not sure.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ2008|1419303777|3806232 said:

I need a change. 8)

I am loving the navy...

Looks like both the Sullivan and the Scout can be worn either way...I always wear my bags on my shoulder - but that may be because I have no other choice...not sure.

I wear all my bags crossbody lately and I am not sure I will ever go back. It started out of necessity and now I love wearing it that way. Never in the way and both arms free and no readjusting off my shoulder or falling. It's a convenient and easy way to wear a pocketbook. I don't think you can go wrong with either bag CJ. They are both very pretty.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
missy|1419332378|3806353 said:

I need a change. 8)

I am loving the navy...

I wear all my bags crossbody lately and I am not sure I will ever go back. It started out of necessity and now I love wearing it that way. Never in the way and both arms free and no readjusting off my shoulder or falling. It's a convenient and easy way to wear a pocketbook. I don't think you can go wrong with either bag CJ. They are both very pretty.
My LP bag has both shoulder straps and a detachable and adjustable long crossbody strap. I like the option to go both ways, and I would say I am 50/50 on wearing it shoulder vs crossbody. I do love crossbody for ease, though, when shopping. It makes a grocery/costco stop ridiculously easy.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1419332378|3806353 said:

I need a change. 8)

I am loving the navy...

Yes, I have a feeling the same thing might happen with me...I'm often readjusting the bag on my shoulder, so I can see how it would be very comfortable to not have to do that.

I keep looking at both and I like both too! I'm just being indecisive...I think the sale price is making me lean toward the Sullivan - getting a "deal" feels better than paying full price. I'll probably buy one of them today, I'll just have to pick one!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful choice! Can't wait to see it!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much Ame! I'll definitely post a picture of it when I get it (well, if I can figure out how to post pictures - if I have to host them somewhere else it's not happening :/)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ, I bought a few purses last month but just found the one I had originally wanted on the coach website on sale. Thanks for this thread. I also just purchased a new purse! I can't wait to see your new purse!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1419454185|3807393 said:
CJ, I bought a few purses last month but just found the one I had originally wanted on the coach website on sale. Thanks for this thread. I also just purchased a new purse! I can't wait to see your new purse!

Oh, are you saying that BECAUSE of this thread you found out it was on sale? :appl:

And even if not and you already knew, :appl:

Would you mind sharing which one you originally wanted? (if you're OK with it)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your choice CJ! Hope you are thrilled with it when it arrives!
Callie, so glad you found what you wanted on sale! Woohoo! :appl:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1419456463|3807410 said:
Love your choice CJ! Hope you are thrilled with it when it arrives!
Callie, so glad you found what you wanted on sale! Woohoo! :appl:

Thanks so much, Missy!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi CJ, I bought the black pebbled medium sized borough bag with the 3 zippered compartments. Last month I bought the same bags in burgandy, colorblock (burgandy and taupe), and the soft borough in black and earth color. I am returning the soft boroughs because I feel the magnetic closure will not stay closed well. Macy's had a great sale last month on them at the same price Coach is now offering.

Missy, I looked all over last month for the pebbled leather black borough with the zippers on sale with no such luck. I found the purse just didn't want to pay full price for it. I found it yesterday on the Coach site on sale.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to update everyone on what I ended up getting...

edie.jpg

But in the navy.

OMG this bag is gorgeous.

I got 2 compliments on it already - which doesn't sound like a lot but is pretty significant considering over my lifetime I don't think I've ever gotten a compliment on my bag. ::)

It wasn't the first one I got - I had gotten a different model from the online store but it just wasn't "me" - it was too big, and it just didn't suit me.

This one is perfect.

Now I need to get some small containers/pouches to hold small things so it looks organized, since it does not have as many compartments and pockets as my last bag did.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ, I love your new bag! I often wonder why purse designers don't add compartments when designing purses. I love for everything to be organized inside and it seems to me high end designers are the worst for not putting compartments in their bags.v

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^Some of my designer bags have compartments/pockets & some don't - I don't think that the higher end brands are particularly guilty of not adding compartments/pockets (in other words, it just depends on the style of any given bag and not necessarily the designer). My $2300 Valentino Rockstud has a whopping 9 compartments/pockets and it's only a mid-size bag.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1426791930|3849673 said:
CJ, I love your new bag! I often wonder why purse designers don't add compartments when designing purses. I love for everything to be organized inside and it seems to me high end designers are the worst for not putting compartments in their bags.v

So glad you like it, Callie! The navy color is just gorgeous, too. Now I'm looking for a belt to match it (and having a really hard time finding one).

I don't shop for bags often (ETA but in general I feel like no purses have good compartments except like Nine West bags which I tend not to like too much) - I have to say the one I just replaced was about 4-5 years old (Tignanello brand, was like maybe $65 or so at TJ Maxx) and that bag STILL looks like it's in excellent condition. That bag has a lot of great compartments so it always looked organized...ETA now I want to do the same with this bag.

Are there any stylish options for pouches for inside bags (that don't cost an arm and a leg?)

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1426797895|3849722 said:
^Some of my designer bags have compartments/pockets & some don't - I don't think that the higher end brands are particularly guilty of not adding compartments/pockets (in other words, it just depends on the style of any given bag and not necessarily the designer). My $2300 Valentino Rockstud has a whopping 9 compartments/pockets and it's only a mid-size bag.

I've never even SEEN a $2,300 bag :D

I just looked it up...it's pretty...just enough hardware to be a little edgy.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ, I'm sorry I haven't seen any compartments. The closest thing I have found were small make up bags that could be used to put things in.

A few months ago I looked at Prada,YSL and LV bags and none of them had more than a single zip pocket in the bags.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ, I love your new purse. Beautiful!

Calliecake said:
CJ, I'm sorry I haven't seen any compartments. The closest thing I have found were small make up bags that could be used to put things in.

A few months ago I looked at Prada,YSL and LV bags and none of them had more than a single zip pocket in the bags.

Yes, this is my exact experience too Callie. Crazy. I like zip pockets and compartments in my pocketbooks for function.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1426806338|3849786 said:

Yeah, I looked at a couple of little makeup pouches today, but none were "it" - I'll have to keep looking.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results