shape
carat
color
clarity

Rikitea Strand:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow , having been away for a week I've been catching up on the photos !! So many gorgeous strands it's hard to remember them all for comments !!

Ermit - Welcome and a fabulous strand ! Love the colours and luster !

FlyGirl - Well what can I say..do you have any strands that are not breathtaking ??? I love the Riki strand, so pretty. And the comparison photos are great. Those Ruckus multi coloureds look enormous next to the Rikis! Beautiful smooth surfaces ! And that clasp is great..I love it , that bracelet is a favourite of mine. And thanks for the reminder photo of the Man Catcher .. I wish my man would go catch one of those.
Bsomlo- Sorry your strand didn't work out..it was very very pretty and lovely quality to be sure..but the heart wants what the heart wants ! You'll get those blues ... I have confidence in your perseverance ! You'll track them down !

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1418735307|3802208 said:
FYI, the strand I returned is safely back at PP. If one of "us" buys it, I'd love to see neck shots down the line!
I'd like to mention that Rikitea blue strand 1559 is now back in stock at PP, in case there are any round blue pearl lovers out there who would love this strand.

And, bsomlo's 1563 briefly made an appearance on a neck in San Diego last week, but may also be available soon.

Those two would make a stunning double strand. :drool:

And, thank you to Pattye, pkinnew and katbran for your kind comments.

LG, I sure hope you get your cherry strand soon. I look forward to your photos. If not for the blues, one of those cherries would be under my Christmas tree.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I didn't realize that was the strand I'd returned! It looked lovely on Kay! (As a matter of fact, it was the strand I'd preferred on her neck.)

kylier

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to thank Bsomlo for starting this awesome thread which led to so many beautiful pictures. You picked the strand that I was most wowed by in the vendor photos and I was watching the thread with eager anticipation. I'm sorry your Rikitea strand wasn't as expected but thanks for showing us how they looked in different lights. Definitely educated me on how that color would translate to life, and I was shocked because I thought I had gotten pretty good at reading vendor photos at this point. I honestly thought it was the wrong strand. It was beautiful and well matched and gorgeous, but it wasnt that dreamy vivid teal that the image made me think was possible.
I have seen dark blues in person and I'm terrible at seeing the actual blue in them without a light box, so I was really curious about your medium color strand. I'm sorry it didn't work out.
Anyway, your collection is gorgeous and I love your Madamas. Thanks again! You have started some really awesome threads on this board and I know a lot of us semi-lurkers really appreciate it.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1419174344|3805249 said:
I didn't realize that was the strand I'd returned! It looked lovely on Kay! (As a matter of fact, it was the strand I'd preferred on her neck.)

:lol: I kept waiting for 1563 to show up on the PP web site, which it didn't. It made sense that Kay wanted to take a look at it in person. I'm sure it will eventually find a neck to call home. :cheeky:

But, now 1559 is available for sale again at PP, and as some neck shots earlier in this thread show, it is a lovely round blue beauty with green and purple overtones. I have no doubt that these strands will soon find a loving home. :))

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
kylier|1419181976|3805296 said:
Just wanted to thank Bsomlo for starting this awesome thread which led to so many beautiful pictures. You picked the strand that I was most wowed by in the vendor photos and I was watching the thread with eager anticipation. I'm sorry your Rikitea strand wasn't as expected but thanks for showing us how they looked in different lights. Definitely educated me on how that color would translate to life, and I was shocked because I thought I had gotten pretty good at reading vendor photos at this point. I honestly thought it was the wrong strand. It was beautiful and well matched and gorgeous, but it wasnt that dreamy vivid teal that the image made me think was possible.
I have seen dark blues in person and I'm terrible at seeing the actual blue in them without a light box, so I was really curious about your medium color strand. I'm sorry it didn't work out.
Anyway, your collection is gorgeous and I love your Madamas. Thanks again! You have started some really awesome threads on this board and I know a lot of us semi-lurkers really appreciate it.

kylier -- Aww, thanks so much! One forgets that only a small percentage of readers actually comment. I think I'm chatting with my little intimate group (many of whom I've had the pleasure of meeting in person) but there are a lot of people out there just reading and following along for fun.

katkashmir

Rough_Rock
I had purchased 1559... it really is a beautiful strand.... I just really really like bigger pearls, and mostly prefer multicolored strands as I feel that the colors play off each other any make all their differences more obvious.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
katkashmir|1419215210|3805475 said:
I had purchased 1559... it really is a beautiful strand.... I just really really like bigger pearls, and mostly prefer multicolored strands as I feel that the colors play off each other any make all their differences more obvious.
Thank you for letting us know your reasons for the return, katkashmir. I understand, as I really enjoy the size and variety of colors in my multi-color Tahitian strand. The Rikitea blue rounds are smaller pearls, and have a different look. I probably picked one of the blue strands with more variety in the overtones, and I think it adds interest to the strand. Overall, I'm expecting to pull out this blue round strand when others might wear an "ironic" white strand. I love the twist-on-a-classic look of these pearls.

Thanks again for your photos and your thoughts. :wavey:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Re: Riketia Strand:

Fly Girl|1417493269|3793681 said:
And then there is this one, 18-inch AAA 8.7-10.9 Tahitian Round Pearl Necklace

"This stunning strand of round Tahitian pearls features pearls exhibiting the coveted "dark cherry" colors. The body color is very dark, and the cherry overtones pop."

I keep thinking of this dark Tahitian strand that I saw at the ruckus. I wonder if this Rikitea strand would be similarly stunning in real life? :drool:

Hello all, :wavey:
This is the strand I purchased, had it shortened to 17.25 inches including the orbit clasp, I have 4 spare pearls if one day I decided that I like a longer length strand. Strand no is 1543. I would say Jeremy's description is pretty much accurate. I see a lot of pink/purple/cherry colours, just not as intense as the glamour shot.
Here is Pearl Paradise's glamour shot.

_25429.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Real life shots, indoors and next to window. Only one on the neck, I cannot take pearl selfies even if my life depends on it. :cheeky:
The earrings are 9mm, the color and luster is perfect, but I realised I can definitely go bigger for studs.

_25430.jpg

_25432.jpg

_25433.jpg

_25434.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I would call it a classic cherry strand? I wish to see real life shots of the other cherry strand with intense copper purple overtones, but I don't think anyone from the pearl forums bought that one.

_25436.jpg

_25437.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
This shot shows the colours better, this is not my neck. :shifty:

_25435.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Wow, really beautiful and so different from the blue/teal strands we've seen! Wear your new Rikitea set in health.

I'd love to see ear shots. Maybe someone else can take them for you.

If you want to have a bigger presence for the ears, and since you have pearls from the strand handy, you could have double dangles made at some point in the future. I love Hisano's design of these double madama dangles using the duet findings:

pp_madama_earring_0.jpg

pp_madama_earring_4.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
LG - Thank you so much for the photos. Those are stunning pearls, so colorful and so lustrous.

Wow! Just, wow!! :love: :appl:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Bsomlo, I love your double dangles, you look gorgeous! I think I can whip something up inexpensively using existing findings, thank you for the idea!
Here's a photo of the stud on my ear, although you really can't see the beautiful dark cherry overtones here, it shows the the proportion.
Edited: thank you Flygirl. :angel:

_25438.jpg

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Just a thought about the extra pearls... since the Rikki strands are not large you could look at using the extras in a bracelet..you could tin cup them or use some AAA whites and put the band of Tahitians across the top of the bracelet..and use gold bead or rondelle between the Tahitians and the white...

Just a thought :)

Colours are lovely, I'm so pleased that you are happy with them in real life !! :appl:

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Lovinggems, that strand is absolutely gorgeous. I love the purple-ish colours, beautiful and flattering.

I think if I were you I would go for long dangle earrings like bsomlo's. They're very pretty and would show the pearls more.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
LG, your cherry strand is gorgeous! :love: I was so tempted by that strand on the website, but decided to go blue instead. The YG Orbit clasp complements the strand well.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1419174344|3805249 said:

LOL, yes, it was the same strand. I just had to see it in person. I love the color on me, but PSS has set in badly this year. At the beginning of the year, I was okay with wearing a single strand of 8-8.5 mm Akoya or FW (although I preferred doubled). After buying a few drop Tahitian strands with centers in the 12-14.4 mm range, a single strand with a 10.2 mm center felt small to me (although it really is a substantial size to most of the world). Having the ability to buy a loose 11.84 mm center pearl (and another pair just over 11 mm to flank it) for the darker blue strand tipped the balance. Still, it was a very tough choice. The teal strand will be hard to box up and return.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1419216699|3805483 said:
katkashmir|1419215210|3805475 said:
Thank you for letting us know your reasons for the return, katkashmir. I understand, as I really enjoy the size and variety of colors in my multi-color Tahitian strand. The Rikitea blue rounds are smaller pearls, and have a different look. I probably picked one of the blue strands with more variety in the overtones, and I think it adds interest to the strand. Overall, I'm expecting to pull out this blue round strand when others might wear an "ironic" white strand. I love the twist-on-a-classic look of these pearls.

Thanks again for your photos and your thoughts. :wavey:

I expect this will be my classic, "ironic" strand as well. I think it is likely I will just wear it with suits and dressier outfits, as my baroque strands seem better suited to wear with my casual clothes. I am going to go with just pearls for now, but I may decide to add 4 or 6 diamond rondelles during a future sale. I think the WG diamond rondelles near the front may add some "lightness" to the dark strand.

Standard rondelles:

Pave rondelles:

6_0.jpg

tiffany_peacock_tahitians_with_diamond_rondelles_2.jpg

tiffany_peacock_tahitians_with_diamond_rondelles.png

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I love your standard rondelles photo! I would definitely go for that in the future.

Wear your new strand in health and happiness.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Kay: I agree those diamond rondelles look stunning! I would definitely add them too!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I was considering the diamond rondelles as well. Like Kay, I decided to live with my strand for a while first. I like the standard rondelle shape, with the concave surface facing the pearl. I think it gives a neater more finished look.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for your kind words. Just test wearing the set at home at the moment. :dance:
Katbran love your ideas but I only have 4 small pearls, I will try the earring concept first, I can make that with existing materials at home.
I love the rondelle ideas and Kay I can't wait to see the lengthened midnight blue strand.

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous, Lovinggems. The variation in overtones make it even more interesting.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Bailey, they are very beautiful in low natural sunlight, it is drizzling today and the overtones does 'pop out'.
Bsomlo thank you for the double dangle earrings idea, I made a makeshift pair with the 4 end pearls, the gold filled balls are squished but no one will see it. :shifty:

_25493.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, now we must see ear shots! The red looks great with the pearls! Well done!

katkashmir

Rough_Rock
Lovinggems- I really love the cherry strand on you! Beautiful. Thanks for the photos.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Bsomlo. I love the crop photo function.
Thanks Katkashmir!

_25494.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Wow, the reflected pink stones really bring out the pinks in your pearls! Now it's a dramatic set with color and flair! I think it's terrific, and I am so impressed!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results