shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Studs, and what other diamond/jewelry daily??

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
LLJsmom|1398658306|3661610 said:
Muluver|1398649188|3661551 said:
I wish I could wear studs! Unfortunately, I have very sensitive ear lobes that seem to never heal properly and end up closing (I've pierced them 4 times over the last 20 years and have given up) so my ears are not pierced :( So I stick with necklaces, bracelets and rings for jewelry.

On a daily basis, I always wear my Cartier WG love bangle on my left wrist and tend to wear some kind of a band stack on my left fingers. I wear more delicate/non-diamond stacking rings on my right hand. On my neck I'm always wearing either my VCA sweet Alhambra in RG or my .5 AVR in platinum milgrain bezel.

I don't think 1 carat is too much bling at all! I wish my budget had been bigger for my pendant ;-)

Here are some pics of my left hand and the .5 AVR pendant.

Muluver, I am sorry to hear about your ears. Same with me for many years. I just repierced after 19-20 years. As a teenager I pierced them twice and they constantly got infected, even though I wore 18k yellow gold. I let them grow back after 1-1.5 years of constant infections. I repierced in November, and until this past Monday, my left ear was still kinda swollen and infected, still bloody on Monday. On Tuesday I picked up my platinum studs, and put them into a bloody piercing on my left ear. Believe it or not, it has not been bloody or infected since. I have used H2Ocean all along, and doing it twice a day. It's been five days, and the longest time the left ear has not been infected. I'm attributing it to the platinum, since I have never worn platinum earrings before. Have you already tried those? I'm hoping my luck holds out. I've been kinda unsure about my studs, but my husband says that I am stuck with them now cause these are good for my ears. LOL!! Just my luck.

Anyhoo, I love your bands and your pendant. It looks ginormous, and your cool Cartier bangle. I would love a LOVE bangle, but they would turn every direction on my bony wrist. No bueno. :nono:

Now that I think about it, I never tried platinum!! I know I'm definitely allergic to WG as I can't even wear WG chains around my neck (I'll get rashes). I'm fine with YG chains but they weren't OK for my earlobes. The worst part about all this piercing and repiercing is that now I have scar tissues in my ear lobes that I can feel with my fingers! I did contemplate piercing them for before my wedding as all the earings that I liked were for pierced ears. I just ended up DIYing a pairs of earrings that I liked with clip on backings lol So at this point, I'm not sure if I would pierce them again (given the scar tissues). :(sad

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm just bumping this again cause I'm just curious to see more responses. With how fast Rocky Talky turns over, it won't be long before this thread is gone again.

I thought wearing my studs would make me feel like there is too much bling. I put away my ering and wore just bands for one day. All it took was one day, and I was ready to wear my ering and the studs. Not sure what I would add next, if at all. I am not currently wearing a necklace. I want a bracelet, but that might be just too much for the office.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank goodness it only took a day!!! :bigsmile:

I wear a watch and I don't wear a bracelet on the other arm daily because it might bug me. But I am thinking about something light like a DBTY bracelet to wear on my right wrist. I have a tiny Roberto Coin cross that I wear lot. But I wouldn't wear too much big bling at one time for daily wear.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1400645688|3677231 said:
Thank goodness it only took a day!!! :bigsmile:

I wear a watch and I don't wear a bracelet on the other arm daily because it might bug me. But I am thinking about something light like a DBTY bracelet to wear on my right wrist. I have a tiny Roberto Coin cross that I wear lot. But I wouldn't wear too much big bling at one time for daily wear.

DS, you said you have a 4 carat tennis bracelet right? I am considering one now, about 3, but I don't want to get soemthing I wouldn't wear often. I would love to wear one next to my watch but I think that would be over the top at my office where most people do not bling it out.

Here is a picture of one I really like. It's a four prong but the prongs are super tiny and each stone is separate and distinct so I can see the roundness. And the base of the bracelet is narrower than the top so you barely see any metal.

Well, I guess I'll let the idea simmer for a while. I'm still not convinced it's justified based on usage alone.

_18411.jpg

_18412.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like DS I am also glad it only took 1 day LLJSmom! I love your studs and ering combos.

Here is my current stack for the day:
I also wear my Cartier Tank Francaise on a daily basis. I had a tennis bracelet but got bored with it.

I love the one you are wearing!!! But please make sure you truly enjoy wearing a bracelet on a daily basis.

_18413.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1400655544|3677271 said:
Like DS I am also glad it only took 1 day LLJSmom! I love your studs and ering combos.

I also wear my Cartier Tank Francaise on a daily basis. I had a tennis bracelet but got bored with it.

I love the one you are wearing!!! But please make sure you truly enjoy wearing a bracelet on a daily basis.

Hi Acinom, you wear a solitaire necklace too I see. I'm not sure I can pull off another rock around my neck, but I feel like I'm missing something there... Back to cartier? The thing is, I was set on the gold Cartier necklace, but now I don't really like the gold with my studs. Maybe white gold?

And I really really like the tennis bracelet. I think I would wear it daily if I wasn't wearing my ering. But I don't think I'm ready to take my ering off yet... Or another option is the LOVE bracelet. But I don't know if I'm ok forking out THAT much for something that doesn't even have diamonds... YKWIM?

Hmmm... a timing issue??

SB621

Ideal_Rock
LLJsmom|1400737046|3677977 said:

Hi Acinom, you wear a solitaire necklace too I see. I'm not sure I can pull off another rock around my neck, but I feel like I'm missing something there... Back to cartier? The thing is, I was set on the gold Cartier necklace, but now I don't really like the gold with my studs. Maybe white gold?

And I really really like the tennis bracelet. I think I would wear it daily if I wasn't wearing my ering. But I don't think I'm ready to take my ering off yet... Or another option is the LOVE bracelet. But I don't know if I'm ok forking out THAT much for something that doesn't even have diamonds... YKWIM?

Hmmm... a timing issue??

Ok I know I'm slightly biased as I love my LOVE!!! I honestly would sell my ering and all other jewels before my LOVE :bigsmile: !! Prices just went up another $600 too in April. I was hoping to get a second one in RG but doubtful now. Have you thought about the cuff LOVE's LLJ? Since you won't be wearing it all the time it sounds like the cuff might be a better option and it is also much cheaper. They have a cuff with a 1 diamond version.

4_cs

Shiny_Rock
I wear my ering on a daily basis with a half eternity diamond band. Colored stone rhr. Usually a necklace or 2. I like to layer the necklaces. Always earrings which change-hoops, diamond studs,colored stone studs or pearls. I rarely wear a watch. And the one piece I always wear is a pewter broken heart bracelet. When it starts to get really hot out here I skip the necklaces. It's funny-I recently started wearing jewelry other than my ering and people noticed. Said I looked more put together.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1400741460|3677991 said:
LLJsmom|1400737046|3677977 said:

Hmmm... a timing issue??

Ok I know I'm slightly biased as I love my LOVE!!! I honestly would sell my ering and all other jewels before my LOVE :bigsmile: !! Prices just went up another $600 too in April. I was hoping to get a second one in RG but doubtful now. Have you thought about the cuff LOVE's LLJ? Since you won't be wearing it all the time it sounds like the cuff might be a better option and it is also much cheaper. They have a cuff with a 1 diamond version.

SB, I thought about the cuff but I can't try one on cause the store near me does not have one. My wrist is at most 14 cm so I am afraid it will look a kward on me. What do you think??

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
slc4|1400744303|3678000 said:
I wear my ering on a daily basis with a half eternity diamond band. Colored stone rhr. Usually a necklace or 2. I like to layer the necklaces. Always earrings which change-hoops, diamond studs,colored stone studs or pearls. I rarely wear a watch. And the one piece I always wear is a pewter broken heart bracelet. When it starts to get really hot out here I skip the necklaces. It's funny-I recently started wearing jewelry other than my ering and people noticed. Said I looked more put together.
Slc4, that is interesting. I wonder if people who wear jewelry do look more pulled together, like putting on make up.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wish I were in a job where I can wear my nicer jewellery, I am in the wrong job!!!

DK :))

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Okay with Christmas around the corner....Who has more to add to their daily bling. I am hoping for my earring jackets by my January 9th birthday.......

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is what I wear everyday.

The two bracelets (.33s and .20s FIY are from Wink) as is the Cut to Order CBI diamond in a Vatche setting and matching band.

18K Rolex and pear e-ring (bought locally) and shared prong band on my left.

Also wear the pendant with 1.79 ctw FIY diamonds (also from Wink) that is not in the picture.

Do not wear earrings.

sm_everyday_img_8916.jpg

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
gorgous bracelets cflutisst

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
wow, cfluttist, I love it.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cflutist|1419199600|3805406 said:

The two bracelets (.33s and .20s FIY are from Wink) as is the Cut to Order CBI diamond in a Vatche setting and matching band.

Also wear the pendant with 1.79 ctw FIY diamonds (also from Wink) that is not in the picture.

Do not wear earrings.

So fabulous together!! Love it! :love: :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ering, bracelet and studs now are my daily uniform. The only thing I take off daily is my ering. I don't sleep with this one. ;-)

dsc_0259.jpg

6_prong_wf_1.jpg

I must admit. I do love all this bling. :dance:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1419224543|3805546 said:
My ering, bracelet and studs now are my daily uniform. The only thing I take off daily is my ering. I don't sleep with this one. ;-)

dsc_0259.jpg

6_prong_wf_1.jpg

I must admit. I do love all this bling. :dance:

LLJsmom, GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS. :love:

cflutist, I love your daily bling as well! :love:

Amazing taste ladies. :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lately all I've been wearing is a cheapy plain stainless rolling ring from QVC... Someday soon I'll be wearing a set again maybe but probably looking at them in their boxes again lok

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wait and my watch lol

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Do not wear earrings.

This is such a great photo - brava, CFlutist!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Do not wear earrings.
Adopt me.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1419287711|3806061 said:

Do not wear earrings.

This is such a great photo - brava, CFlutist!

heiliddl
apacherose
LLJsmom
missy
Circe
ame

Thank you for your kind words. Since this picture was taken, I've put the shared prong band away and decided to wear the new Vatche pave band with my e-ring because I like how delicate it looks versus the chunky shared prong band. I wear the CBI diamond by itself now as a RHR. I'm all about balance sometimes, e.g. have a shared prong band with .12s but would never wear with my e-ring, because imo, it would overpower it.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bumping this to see what people wear everyday, and to see what has changed...

Here is my daily uniform.

Ering
VCA sweet butterfly
2.3 ctw studs

I am going add by tennis bracelet soon. Miss it.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daily bling, with some disclaimers:

E-ring (1.7ct) and wedding band (.27ct):

rings_9.jpg

RHR is a Tiffany Etoile scattered diamond band:

rings2_1.jpg

Earrings (.5tcw crap diamonds in BGD bezels-- I hope to get good diamonds in these one day) & (1ctw crap diamonds from Groupon)
disclaimer: I am awaiting 1.52tcw studs for delivery on Monday from IDJ! I will wear these in place of the 1ctw ones

earrings_12.jpg

Necklace: I am awaiting a F/SI2/Ideal cut .46ct bezel necklace for delivery next week, the one pictured is CZ that's about the same size to see if I wanted a necklace like this (I do!)

necklace_2.jpg

Sorry about the crappy pics, dry hands and no manicure ;-) I'm excited for my new bling to arrive. It's a gift to myself for overcoming a major health issue this year and regaining my health.

Q

Queenie60

Wear earrings every day. Either diamond studs or my diamond huggie earrings. Since I work out each morning I do not put on any other jewelry until I'm "dressed" and most days I am cooking and prodding around the yard so I don't put on my wedding ring or watch.

When I'm in full bling, - wedding ring, watch, earrings, diamond pendant and my Aldwand Vahan bracelet. I wear the same pieces 95% of the time and alternate on occasion.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm with Circe as far as "variety is the spice of life". I like all metal colors and change out what jewelry I wear every few days. Sometimes I mix metals, sometimes I don't. I kind of have a full suite of bling in each metal color. Today I wore YG and along with some small diamond hoop/huggie style earrings I wore my EC ring on my left hand, a stack on my right hand and my YG diamond watch. I tend to always wear a stack on one hand or the other, sometimes both. Often wear diamond studs, but sometimes wear the huggies or just plain small metal earrings. Always wear a watch which is probably a generational thing. My daughter never wears one. I almost never wear a bracelet or necklace and when I do wear a necklace it is a long (36") strand of pearls. Nothing on a chain as it gets caught in my hair.

_35277.jpg

zpfile000.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I switch up my studs rings and watch, but wear the same pendant almost every day. The pendant gets more comments than everything else combined, with the possible exception of the watch. Here's the pendant...

WithACAring-2.jpg

NighttimeNeckPic.jpg

090710g.jpg

And this is the watch I wear most of the time...

pswithring2.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results