color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Hello girlfriends! I'm so far behind...

Curby, I love your PS-style poem! No one else might appreciate, but we sure do -- ha! I have yet to send out a single Christmas card... you're making the rest of us look bad... !

Deegee, take it easy! No good can come of you working to hard and getting run down. As for the hot toddys--purely for medicinal purposes of course--I say you should "medicate" until you're cured. (Or in Betty Ford, whichever comes first... !!!)

I just got back from five days in Tahoe and I'm EXHUSTED. We did an early x-mas with my friends and their parents. Now I'm home until Sunday and then off I go again until the first week of January.

The CB made dinner and the broiler stopped working mid-skirt steak. Seriously? The frickin' stove was just installed two weeks ago. You can bet your sweet a$$ I'll be on the phone with those people first thing in the morning.

There are a thousand things I could be doing right now -- wrapping what's left of the Chicago gifts, addressing cards, you get the picture, but I just need to take an hour and lay here on my own couch...

I also have a bunch of things to tell you about these two great artists I found and the appraisal on my condo for the refi but I think I'm too tired right now. Tomorrow I'll fill you all in!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-I absolutely cannot believe any of your mega fancy appliances have already stopped working. Holy freaking cow! And yes...take some down time on the couch. I'll anxiously await your news tomorrow!

Today was a long day. I worked 10 hours and then came home and worked 2 more to prepare for a 9am meeting tomorrow. I forgot to put the roast in the crock pot this morning, so we ordered pizza for dinner. I had oats for breakfast and a cup of soup with a peanut butter sandwich for lunch, and I'm drinking my medicinal hot toddy before bed. I had a few bad coughing fits at work today and got a little light headed. Too bad I can't have a hot toddy at work! Have a great day tomorrow!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday!

Deegee, that PB fudge recipe is very easy. I was able to cut the fudge without incident. I hope your finger continues to fill in and eventually won’t bother you. You deserve a couple of weeks off with all of the hours you work. I hope your lingering cough gets better. I am glad you didn’t work more tonight and enjoyed a nice visit on the phone with your mom. Sleep well!

Dee Jay, welcome back from Tahoe! Was there any unwelcome varmints in the tree this year? I am glad you and Deegee liked my little poem. I should work on expanding that. LOL at your Betty Ford joke. WTH you stove quit? I am sure they’ll get an earful when you call them tomorrow. You sleep well too!

I stopped at the store on my way home so didn’t cook my supper until late. Then I finished a book. I boycotted my Christmas list tonight.

Have a great day tomorrow.
Marcy/ Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, we must have been posting about the same time. I don't see why you can't have "medicine" at work. Stupid coughing fits.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Deegee, how are you feeling today?

Curby, I don't think you need to expand the poem -- it pretty much say it all!

Last night slept *OK* but the CB got up at 5:30 for work and I never went back to sleep. I mean... I luv him and all... but this 5:30 in the morning thing... ACK.

I didn't call the stove people yet because the CB is going to try the broiler again tonight. Fingers crossed that the damn things works.

So I wandered into a gallery in Tahoe that has two pieces (from the same artist, and of course I can't remember his name...) that I REALLY LOVE. They are pretty big--and pretty pricy (one is $7,500 and the other is $5,700). If I got them both I'm sure I could negotiate some discount. The danger in buying more big pieces is that they will fit the space I'm in but potentially won't go into whatever I move to next. I need to think this over before I do anything rash. Expensively rash, at that!

I also found much smaller (and less expensive!) art that I love too. This guy makes the pieces by painting glass on copper and then kiln firing them. They look kind of "flat" on-line but in person the glass is really irridescent and the colors are so vibrant. They are about 5" X 8" and they all have a picture and a saying. Here's the site: http://www.houstonllew.com/#!current-collection/cdar I bought one just becuase I love the picture, I didn't even realize it had a saying on it until I was paying, and there is one with a red GTO one it that my friend in Tahoe is getting me for x-mas. The wording say: "Tramps like us... Baby we were born to run." HA!

Finally, I think I'm going to get a new laptop. I've been dragging around my giant heavy laptop AND my ipad (just to read books on), but if I got a tiny light laptop I could replace both of those things. I'm heading to Best Buy tonight to look at the Lenovos. I've got a thread in Hangout if anyone with more technical knowledge than I've got wants to weigh in! I'd love a Mac, but due to the tax software and the platform I have to use it's got to be a PC.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one of the pieces that I really like. I took it through the window so there's a weird reflection. It's about 55" wide by about 78" tall.

ski_0.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the other piece by that guy, which is not quite as big as the Ski Bunny pic. I'm a HUGE Clint Eastwood fan!!! You can't tell from this photo but Clint's face is made of of all dots. So cool!

clint.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And this is the small copper and glass one that I got. There are a bunch more that I like a lot too. Maybe I'll save this idea and have my dad get me another one for x-mas next year... and the year after... and the year after...

_25294.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After all that I forgot to tell you about my refi!

The appraiser came back with a number that's $220K more than what I paid!!! I need to go back and finish up my spreadsheet to see how much I actually put in, but I'm pretty pleased with the number he came up with. Now to just get the refi done--so much paperwork...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday!

Dee Jay, that’s absolutely wonderful that your appraisal came back well over what you paid for your place. :appl: All of your hard work (and expenses) paid off. Have fun filling out the paperwork for your refi. The art you like looks great. I am a fan of Clint Eastwood’s too. What a neat technique to paint the face in dots. I like copper and glass piece too. If you really love those pieces I am sure you can make them work wherever you live. Sorry to hear CB got up at 5:30 and woke you up. Marty sometimes gets up at 4 and I can’t go back to sleep. I swear he is the loudest person when he wakes up. He sighs, he yawns really loudly and by then I’m wide-awake. When I wake up and he’s sleeping I try to be very quiet. I love the “Tramps like us . . .” That is awesome. I was going to suggest a Mac Book Pro but I see you can’t use a Mac for your tax software. Marty runs Parallels on his Mac so he can run his work software. That works really well for him.

Deegee, what did you decide about your ring?

I woke up at 4:15 today and couldn’t go back to sleep. I am blaming one of the killer rabbits. My cleaning lady showed up about 45 minutes late so I didn’t get to work until about 9:15. I ran home at lunch to look up my house so my work day was shortened. Sweet.

I had soup for supper and then made another batch of Christmas cookies. My freezer is getting full!

Take care!

Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-very cool artwork. I especially like the last one you posted. I can't commit to artwork, which is why my walls are bare! I'm so glad to hear about your appraisal, although it's no surprise. Your place looks fabulous!

Marcy-I'm definitely going to send my ring to be shaved down some after the new year. I'm trying to decide between shaving it down just a little, or as much as structurally possible. I love the ring and I hope I'm not messing it up! I never have a problem going back to sleep if I wake up that early. Since I've been working so late, I've been sleeping until 8 and getting to work at 9. Sweet. When will Marty be home?

The last few days have been busy, and I'm hoping to get myself to a point where I can leave work early tomorrow. Fingers crossed! Matt picked me up after work today so we could get some shopping done. I am now very close to being finished, so I plan to have a leisurely week next week with nothing I have to do. Ahhh. Sounds so nice. Have a great Friday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday!

Deegee, that is a tough call - deciding how much to have WF trim off your band. I hope I didn't sway you towards it instead of the other ring you were considering. My replacement ering (and you know it's coming sometime) is going to be something out of the case I can try on and see how it looks with both of my bands. I am so wishy washy on my bands. I've been wearing my Tiffany band and now it's my favorite. When I wear the WF for a few days; it's my favorite. They are such different bands too. I like the smooth, subtleness of the Tiffany band and of course I love the diamonds in the WF band. Marty keeps telling me to get another Tiffany band and have WF make an ering out of it for me. I just don't know if I want 8mm of metal on my fingers. But since I want a thicker band on my ering I'll be close to that anyway. I used to be able to go back to sleep but once my mind starts wandering I'm awake. That's good you are sleeping in and going to work a little later. You are certainly putting in enough hours! I hope you get off work early tomorrow and get an early start to your vacation. Marty gets home tomorrow.

Hi Dee Jay!

I had a busy day at work then went to a friend's house for supper. We had salad, pizza and snickerdoodles. We played a round of hearts then I headed home. Marty and I talked on Face Time but the internet at his hotel isn't that great so the video kept freezing. As usually happens when he travels he is in training during the day then has new projects he has to get done NOW! Sounds like he'll be in Romania for a few weeks in January. :((

I have tomorrow off so I am going to bake cheesecake for Sunday, do some shopping, meet a friend for lunch and then anxiously wait for Marty's plane to land. I think I'll go to one of our local bread stores and buy a few different flavors of bread for Sunday. That sounds so much easier than baking rolls.

Laters! Take care.

Marcy / Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Deegee, I have tons of artwork yet to be unpacked, including two pretty large pieces (about the size of the Clint Eastwood painting) and a giant vintage Taittinger poster that has been in my friend’s garage since I went to Kansas City. Hmm… maybe I should get some of THAT out and save the twelve grand!

Curby, right before/after Bill and I got married we lived on the third floor of a building and there was a bakery that specialized in fancy bread on the first floor. There was a light well that went up by our bedroom window and I would wake to the smell of baking bread every morning. I think I put on 10 pounds just from sniffing the air!

Last night I got *almost* all the gifts wrapped for the rest of the Chicago people. I hope to finish tonight and then put this stuff away by the end of the weekend. That process will also involve taking all the stuff out of the big closet behind the bookcase and rearranging. Right now I’ve got five oriental rugs rolled up in there and a bunch of long trim pieces left over from the baseboard and toe kick in the kitchen. Wow… doesn’t that sound like a fun thing to do… NOT!

I got my Lenovo up and running, but it wasn’t a smooth process. By the time I deleted all the pre-installed crap and deactivated the overly-sensitive touchpad swipe feature I was really ready to go to the Apple store and get a Mac. I’ve got an extended return period with Best Buy due to the holidays so I’m taking this with me to Tahoe but I may very well return the damn thing when I get back if I don’t love it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday!

Dee Jay, you should get out your artwork and enjoy it whether you decide to add more pieces to your collection or not. I am always an enabler for spending money. You and Bill probably always craved fresh baked bread with that wonderful aroma filtering up from that bakery. I bought a loaf of sourdough, sundried tomato and some other white bread (with a hard crust). We may make some garlic bread out of all of it or just warm it up. I picked up cinnamon chip as well but I had a piece of that for breakfast.

I bet you are glad you have most of your gift-wrapping done. Rearranging your closet sounds like “WORK” though so maybe you can find another place to take care of things. See I also can encourage procrastination in addition to spending money. I like to think of myself as versatile.

I hope you like your Lenovo after you get everything installed and running. I remember all the crap that comes installed on windows systems. They have some Lenovo smart tablets at work and I used my boss’s for a day to see if I wanted one instead of a laptop; I returned it to him in less than an hour and said thanks but no thanks. It’s no iPad. I was in our Simply Mac today and noticed they have a gold iPad Mini 3 calling my name. I heard this little “Marcy, Marcy”.

I didn’t go to bed until after 1 am last night. Then all the construction vehicles around here have to start up and move 10 feet about 7; I don’t think they are doing anything other than putting on a show that says hey we’re here. I reluctantly got up and took a shower. I went to the bread store first and since I forgot my ering I came home and left the bread here and got my ring.

Next stop was to drop off a bag of photos and programs that we found in my parents stuff to the kids of my parents best friends. It was full of treasures and memories of their parents and my parents on trips years ago. It was good visiting with them.

I wandered the mall and Bed, Bath and Beyond then met a friend for lunch at Olive Garden.

This afternoon I did a batch of laundry and baked my cheesecake for Sunday.

Marty should be taking off to fly here in about 10 minutes. We’ll see if they cancel the flight or not. They really have problems getting airlines to fly in and out of here. They cancel a lot of flights for weather, wind and lack of passengers. The price flying to DIA from here is outrageous too. Sometimes it’s a few hundreds or can be almost $1800. Holy Crap!

Well, I think I’ll get ready to head to the airport. Our community is having a Christmas light contest and they have 10 houses in the final round so I am going to go find them and cast my vote. We have 3 blue snowflakes that are running off our garage lights so weird we didn’t make the final cut.

Have a great weekend!
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. Happy Saturday. So I sent Marty to the store to get bottled water and his veggies to cook for tomorrow. He's been gone 2.5 hours and spent over $200 at 3 stores. So much for sending him to run errands. I've got my packages wrapped, the china and crystal out and stacked, table clothes washing and I figured he'd be back long before now. I am using my stalking app and saying to myself, what the hell is he doing? Too funny. I might go by another salt and pepper set. I bet I'd beat him home.

Laters.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday!

I survived the family Christmas. I think everyone had a nice time. I broke one of my little Christmas plates. Rats. I ate way too much. My legs, knees and feet are giving me lots of grief. I still one a few dishes in the dishwasher and a load of tablecloths and dish towels in the dryer. It is starting to snow so I'll have an icy commute in the morning. It must be winter or something.

Have a great week.

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, congratulations for surviving x-mas with the family! That alone is worth an extra little something from santa! And too funny about using the “stalker app” to see where Marty was! A few weeks ago we were having dinner with one of my friends and his wife was flying back to O’Hare and then taking a cab to meet us. At one point he looked at his phone, said “she’s getting off at the Ogden exit now, we can order.” Just as she walked into the restaurant they put our food on the table. Perfect timing!

Deegee, are you relaxing all of this week and next? I hope so – you deserve it!

I had a nasty cold for a few days, but I think I’m on the mend now. The flight to Reno (via a delayed connection in San Francisco, of course… ) wasn’t a lot of fun. I kept having to cough and I’m sure everyone on the plane was like, oh great, we’ve got Typhoid Mary in 4C. I sucked on cough drops the whole way and did my best.

Today I MUST get my xmas cards in the mail!!! I dragged about 200 cards here in my suitcase and dammit, I’m NOT dragging them back. The reality is they may not get there until after the holiday, but they WILL get there!

OK, off the couch and into the shower I go!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi ladies! I need your expert advice. I went to the nice jewelry store in town where the owner is retiring and fell in love with a ring that is incredibly so not me. It was 70% off and the owner knocked $300 more off because he said he could tell I appreciated high quality jewelry by what I had on. He actually let me take the ring home for the night to decide. I am typically very plain, so tis ring is so not me. I'm drawn to it for some reason. The sapphires are gorgeous IRL, so bright blue. The diamonds are teeny, but they're full cuts and sparkle nicely. The ring is made by Spark. What do you think? Is it gaudy?

_25480.jpg

_25481.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, the color of the sapphires looks great. Some of my favorite rings are not my style or normal size. It sounds like this one speaks to you and you love it. Personally, I'd go for it. It is a pretty ring and looks great on your hand.

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-you're quick! I don't know why I like this ring so much. It's bigger than I usually like, and it is definitely flashy. I nearly drove myself into a ravine on my way home because I was staring at my hand! I checked it out with the H&A viewer, and I could see little arrows on all of the diamonds. I'm determined to keep taking pictures until I get one that shows the beautiful blue color. I tried on several "me" rings and bands, but it was all over when I spotted this one. It was my size, too. If I keep it, it will be my 20th anniversary gift from Matt. Of course, I have to research the jeweler Spark tonight.

I'm glad you survived your Christmas dinner. I'm sure you're worn out! Too funny you used the stalker app on Marty. My vendor coworker from Michican uses that on his son since he's so far away from home. He has a great kid though, so I don't think he should worry. Did you get your vote in for lights? We walked through the neighborhood last night, and 28 out of 30 houses have decorations and lights up. One of the two that doesn't just moved in last weekend (they're the next house up the hill from us), so I'll give them a pass. Are you taking time off after Christmas?

Dee*Jay-you'd better get crackin' with those cards! I actually sent some cards this year. Immediate family only and a few others, but that more than I have sent in the past few years. I'm proud of myself! I hope your cold is better. I hate the lingering cough. You're not sick, but people avoid you like you've got some horrible disease. Or make a stupid joke about Ebola. Are you off work for a while?

I ended up working from home for a few hours Saturday and planned to finish up today. I haven't gotten around to it yet...been staring at my hand! We went home to KY last night to make candy and cookies. My nieces Alyssa and Alex helped me dip a gazillion things in chocolate. We had a lot of fun, but ended up with chocolate all over us. My dad had to have a very minor surgery this week and seems to be feeling pretty good. We're hoping for an uneventful Christmas this year. Food today-a bowl of chex mix and cup of coffee. I need to eat something! Have a great Tuesday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I usually don't post from work but hey we are talking sapphires here. The best way I've found on getting the color right when taking pictures sapphires is to use lighting from the back and no flash. It's funny how something different just calls your name and once you put it on you love it. I think you've already decided it's a keeper.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, OMG -- that is GORGEOUS! I love sapphires and these are just stunning! As for not being "you" -- says who?!? I say if you love the ring (not to mention that it is YOUR SIZE) then it is most definitely YOU! To top it off, it sounds like you're getting a good price if you decide to go with it.

Now here's the awful practical Dee coming out for just a minute... Will you *wear* it? I would hate to see you give it up since you love it and it looks perfect on your hand, but even more so, I would hate for you to buy it and then have it linger in your jewelry box and make you feel bad/guilty/pick a word/emotion whenever you see it.

What does Matt say? And how long do you have to decide?

And a small vent about something that I hate about xmas: I'm here in Tahoe with my friend and it will be just her and me on the 25th(we did an early version with her whole family last weekend). She put my presents under the tree so they would be there when I got in last night... and she had one more for me than I had gotten for her. So today I walked into Truckee looking for something else for her. I actually really like the thing I got, and I bought two different colors so she can pick the one she likes better and I'll save the other one for her sister next year, but oh how I hate this sort of thing...!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday!

Dee Jay, did you get your Christmas cards in the mail yet? Work on them after a few glasses of wine; I am sure you can add more “witty” comments in them after indulging in some alcohol. I like to be helpful like that. I hope your cough gets better. That is so annoying! Rats you felt you should go buy another present to keep the gift count even. I am sure it was fine but I would probably do the same thing. That’s great your friend was able to order dinner at just the right time with his stalking app. I use my stalking app for useful things too. When Marty is playing golf I can tell when he gets to the 18th hole so I head to the bar to meet them. When he is coming back from DIA I can get dinner on the table as he walks in the door. I can tell where he’s shopping for me for Christmas. I like knowing he gets to the airport. Funny thing is I don’t think ever uses it for me.

Deegee, I would be checking out that ring with my loupe and H&A viewer too. What direction are you leaning on whether to keep it or not? My rhodolite garnet ring is probably double the size of ring I normally like and it is one of my favorite rings. I bet your friend likes to use his stalking app to make sure his son is home safe and sound at night. I did get my vote in for the Christmas lights. It sounds like a lot of your neighborhood is decorated. That’s great. We drove around for about 45 minutes the other night and we didn’t think as many people had lights up as normal. Your trip home for cookie and candy baking must have been fun. I bet your nieces had a lot of fun with Aunt Dee. I hope your dad recovers quickly from his surgery. I have Thursday and Friday off this week so I’ll just have a long weekend.

Yes ladies I am tired and sore today. I am better tonight than this morning. I picked up tacos on the way home; I wasn’t going to spending time doing dishes again tonight. I had enough of that yesterday!

Have a great day tomorrow. Think of me working.

Curby / Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I'm leaning towards keeping it. I think I like it because it's different. I tend to go for things that aren't the popular choice! And I read up on the Spark brand...they sound legit. I'm watching your Broncos play Matt's Bengals. We were expecting the Bengals to get squashed. I'm glad they showed up, although it looks like its starting to go south... I'll be thinking of you at work tomorrow. I'm enjoying my vacation so far.

Dee*Jay-Matt always griped at me for evening up gifts. Even though I spent about the same on each kid, some only had one package while others had two. I evened everybody up at 3 packages. Hey, kids notice these things! And Matt tells me to keep the ring, wear it and enjoy it. He's not even requesting to be able to wrap it for our anniversary. I wore it to dinner at the bar near our house (which has surprisingly good jewelry lighting), and I decided I would definitely wear it everyday. The sapphires are such a pretty blue. The lady at the store told me it wouldn't take long for me to decide it's not too over the top. She was right! The store is only open through next week, and then the dude is retiring to Colorado to be with family. I told him I'd let him know tomorrow.

I worked a few hours tonight, and I think I'm done for the next few weeks. Yay!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-my husband is yelling and dancing like a crazy person! The cats are hiding under a bed and Lily thinks she's in trouble. He says this is the first time in 9 games the Bengals beat Peyton and he was not expecting it at all. I think he's in shock.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, tell Matt his team was certainly better than mine tonight. I was yelling too but it was not something I'd repeat here! :lol: I am excited you are going to keep your beautiful ring. I agree you'll get used to a new size. I thought the 1.5 carat diamond was massive at first, now I am very used to the size. Nice blue sapphires are certainly one of my favorite gemstones. I think I'll wear mine tomorrow. Thanks! Good for you putting up your work for a few weeks. You deserve the break with all the hours you work. :wavey:

I'm going to go cry in my pillow now. My lucky Broncos cup didn't help tonight. :bigsmile:

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I remembered after I bought and wrapped the extra gift that I had already given her one last weekend because I got everyone the same thing (an ice scraper for your car that looks like a giant furry bear paw) but too late now.

Deegee, I’m so glad you’re keeping the ring! Sometimes things just *speak* to you and you should have them! Then again, the last time something *spoke* to me I ended up with a new 911 so maybe I should shut up!

I wrote out another three dozen or so cards this morning but I could only find an old list in my email to go off of so I know a lot of people are missing this year. Curby, I’m sorry to say I just realized your new address wasn’t on that list either so I owe you two cards next year!

I walked my friend’s dog down to the post office to mail the cards. More accurately, HE walked ME. Otis is a 7 month old german shepherd puppy and he’s Out Of Control. My first clue that I was in trouble was when he pulled me down the steps of the house while I was trying to lock the front door, and it pretty much kept on in that vein the whole way. Now we’re both ready for a nap!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I'm sorry you cried in your pillow! It took a few hours for Matt to settle down. He asked this morning if he had dreamed it all. He's been a Bengals fan ever since he was a kid, and he has been through many, many disappointments! I've been walking around all day moving my hand around in different lighting in different rooms of the house trying to get a picture of how gorgeous the blue stones are in this ring. I see what people mean when they say photos don't due their ring justice. How'd work go today? Do you get off early tomorrow?

Dee*Jay-I can only imagine how crazy, and big a 7 month old German Shepherd puppy would be. I bet he's gorgeous! My neighbors have a beautiful German shepherd and just got a Siberian husky puppy. Lily is slightly scared of them. I remember you talking about the ice scraper bear paw after Christmas last year. Too funny! Do you think your friend will run out to get another gift for you?

Today was an exciting vacation day. Even though cleaners come once a week, I try to do a thorough vacuum job on the sectional at least once a month because I've got 3 shedding animals. Today was that day, and it takes me forever. My nieces have all texted me today to remind me that we made a plan to wear a tacky Christmas sweater to grandma's on Christmas Eve. Guess which one of us hasn't come up with such tacky sweater? Matt and I are going to brave the last minute shoppers to look for one. Oh my. I still can't eat much and nothing sounds good, so I haven't eaten anything yet today. I'm going to go raid the fridge to see if anything in there might work. Have a wonderful evening!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Christmas Eve Eve!

Dee Jay, that would be funny if your friend went out and bought you another gift. This could escalate quickly! You enjoyed Billy Ray and I of course have no room to talk about buying things. I was waiting for your Christmas card to get your address so we’ll have to catch up next year. Otis sounds like a handful; I can see you being pulled along on the way to the mailbox and back.

Deegee, I am glad Matt’s team didn’t disappoint him. That is funny he made sure he wasn’t dreaming this morning. I’ve been a Broncos fan all my life and suffered through many disappointments as well. I am glad you enjoyed your ring all day and checked it out in different lighting. I am sure you are relieved to get your vacuuming done today. Did you go get some tacky sweaters? If you want - the next time you email Vera at WF you can ask her to send me your email. That way I can get you added to my Christmas card list next year as well. If not, no big deal.

Work wasn’t bad and I hope they let us sneak out a few hours early tomorrow but we’ll see. My newest employee has the largest task in the afternoon and she’s pretty slow at it so I hate to just get up and leave her if she’s still working on it.

My morning commute wasn’t as icy as yesterday and we are going to be above freezing tomorrow so I won’t have to beg Marty to take me to work. Lucky for him. He teases me his 5 second commute down the stairs is rough.

I am looking forward to a long weekend. I am anxious for Marty to see is t-shirt with his poker chip on it and the Tom Everhart book I found for him.

Have a great day tomorrow.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Christmas eve kids!

Deegee, did you get a tacky sweater? I’m sure I’ve got a few laying around that I could loan you! Also, I was just reading back in our thread and I see that you asked me for restaurant recommendations in Pittsburgh a couple of times and I never remembered to answer you. SO sorry about that – I swear I am utterly senile at times! Really though, I haven’t been there for so long, and when I do go it’s usually to be out in the ‘burbs with the family, that I’m not sure I could have given you any good advice… Do we get holiday pics of your new ring?!? Will you wear it to see your family? I bet your nieces will LOVE it!!!!

Curby, I hope all goes well with your employee this afternoon and that you all get to bail out of there super early. Do you have any idea what Marty is getting you for xmas this year? Bill used to do his shopping for me at the mall we met at for lunch over Thanksgiving. There was a movie theater in there at one point (maybe there still is… I didn’t really look for it) and he would go to a move and I would go find the thing I wanted and put it on hold, and then when the movie was over he would go a pay for it. Spousal gift buying at its finest – HA!

Last night my friend and I went to a new little place near her house for dinner and then one of her neighbors came over for a glass of wine. Today I have to do some work and then my friend is making a big dinner when she gets home. We’re doing the main meal tonight and just having leftovers tomorrow (but knowing her I’m sure she’ll end up dragging me out somewhere or having more people over – there’s no such thing as a missed social opportunity with this girl! FOMO [Fear Of Missing Out] runs high with her!).

OK, off to the shower and then work work work for a bit!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results