shape
carat
color
clarity

Wonder if pin is costume or real?

simbah

Rough_Rock
I am wondering what your opinion is on this pin? I have done some research but I am not able to determine if it is authentic.
It has a trombone clasp/catch. The blue stone in the center looks to be about 1ct. Nothing on the pin is attracted to a magnet....so I know it is probably not plated brass, copper, etc. It has approximately 30 diamond looking stones.

_25439.jpg

_25440.jpg

patricias

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Does the pin have any hallmarks? They could be on the clasp. Photos of the back of the piece would be helpful

simbah

Rough_Rock
Hi.....there are no markings on the pin. I will attach a pic of the back.

_25441.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would vote "real" insofar as the metal goes: I've never seen that kind of a clasp on a costume piece. I'm sure there's an exception out there somewhere ... but I feel comfortable with 75% odds nodding towards it being white gold or platinum. It's impossible to tell about the stones from a picture, so take it in to a jeweler and get a professional opinion in the flesh. Nothing to lose! BTW, it's a lovely design. :wavey:

simbah

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your responses!
I am going to get it checked out by a jeweler, just wanted to get a feel for what people thought. :)

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
That is a pretty pin please come back and let us know what the jeweler said

simbah

Rough_Rock
I was in the mall today and decided to drop in to a jeweler to show him the pin. They send jewelry out for appraisal and he said it appears antique so it would need to be looked at by someone who specializes in antiques. The best he could do was test the diamonds....they are real!! He looked for markings but could not find any. I did read that platinum, gold, silver was not marked during the time period this pin looks to be from (not sure if this info is accurate).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results