shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm not usually one to ask but I need some dust!

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Sending you tons and tons of dust. Hoping everything turns out fine.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending prayers....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending you buckets and buckets of PS dust and keeping you in my thoughts AL. (((Hugs))).

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
prayers and dust for you.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the dust! I was admitted to the hospital yesterday after my neurology appointment. So far I have had a lot of bloodworm and a CT scan. An MRI and an LP are on the way. No one has told me anything yet except that I have the issue in both eyes, it's just worse on the right. I should know more at some point today. Thank you all again for the positive thoughts!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asscherhalo_lover|1419079950|3804685 said:
Thank you all for the dust! I was admitted to the hospital yesterday after my neurology appointment. So far I have had a lot of bloodworm and a CT scan. An MRI and an LP are on the way. No one has told me anything yet except that I have the issue in both eyes, it's just worse on the right. I should know more at some point today. Thank you all again for the positive thoughts!

Sending many hugs and good thoughts your way Asscherhalo. Hang in there and we are all thinking of you and sending positive energy and lots of PS dust your way!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many hugs, much dust and a dose of prayer for you Asscherhalo. You are in my thoughts.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
More good news vibes, truckloads of dust and as many hugs as a teddy bear can tolerate :wavey: :appl:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Assherhalo Love, Sending more dust and prayers your way. Thank you for keeping us posted. We are all thinking of you!

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Mine also was both sides with one being significantly worse than the other. Hope all ends well. For what it is worth, I do know of another woman who went through the same and her end result was the same as mine. None of the horrible possibilities that were so feared.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending you dust!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
thoughts and prayers continue.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all again! I ended up having the LP today which was pretty awful and I required a Xanax to lay through the procedure. Once it was over I had to lay flat for an hour and then I was immediately taken for the MRI. Another very unique unpleasant test, 45 minutes of a construction zone around my head squeezed into a tube just after a LP. When I was finally back to my room I started to really feel the pain from the LP since the local wore off. Horrible pain. Ice bags and Motrin have helped some. The one good thing my vision seems to be improving! I'll take the pain gladly if it means I'm going to regain my vision. So it's looking like intracranial hypertension aka pseudo tumor is the cause. I'll hopefully know for sure sometime tomorrow and then be able to develop an action plan. Thank you all again for your kind wishes and support!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asscherhalo_lover|1419131975|3805096 said:
Thank you all again! I ended up having the LP today which was pretty awful and I required a Xanax to lay through the procedure. Once it was over I had to lay flat for an hour and then I was immediately taken for the MRI. Another very unique unpleasant test, 45 minutes of a construction zone around my head squeezed into a tube just after a LP. When I was finally back to my room I started to really feel the pain from the LP since the local wore off. Horrible pain. Ice bags and Motrin have helped some. The one good thing my vision seems to be improving! I'll take the pain gladly if it means I'm going to regain my vision. So it's looking like intracranial hypertension aka pseudo tumor is the cause. I'll hopefully know for sure sometime tomorrow and then be able to develop an action plan. Thank you all again for your kind wishes and support!

Great to hear your vision is improving! That is great news.

Continuing to send you lots of dust and hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient said:
Asscherhalo_lover|1419131975|3805096 said:

Great to hear your vision is improving! That is great news.

Continuing to send you lots of dust and hugs.

That is wonderful news!!! I am also continuing sending bucket loads of healing PS dust and many hugs!!! You are doing well and we are all thinking good thoughts for you! (((Hugs))).

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Signs of improvement is awesome!!! I am wishing you continued improvement and a speedy resolution/recovery! I've always enjoyed your posts over the years here and was so sorry to read that you were not well. So, take care, and know that a fellow PS'r (among many others obviously) is rooting for your good health.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
sending lots of dusts and positive thoughts!!! Hope everything will turn out fine!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! That escalated quickly but I am glad to see that it sounds like they can resolve it and there's a possibility of regaining the lost vision. That is scary! I will be thinking of you!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are one helluva trooper. Those procedures are difficult and you came tbrough.

FYI: if your post LP pain was a headache from hell the Neurology department or Interventional Radiology can administer a blood patch that can bring fast relief. If you ever have another LP, get a possible blood patch lined up before the LP with your doc.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just checking in on you AL. How are you feeling today and how is your vision doing? Thinking of you and continued good thoughts, (((hugs))) and healing dust being sent your way. :wavey:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you and wishing continued improvement in your vision though the holiday season.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I am thinking of you as well, hoping that all comes out well. Loss of Eyesight is one of my worst fears so i can imagine what you are going through. So Sorry.

l Annette

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Asscher, how are you today? Thinking positive thoughts for you!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Positive thoughts and vibes continuing for you! Sorry you had to endure all that testing, hoping you get started on a course of treatment soon and recover quickly!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi Asscher, I hope your vision is better and you are beginning to feel like your getting back to normal. Hugs

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for ththe continued well wishes. I am still in the hospital and the LP from hell ruled out the psuedo tumor. I have had many more blood tests since then and an additional optical nerve MRI. Still waiting for answers.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Asscher, I have been sending you dust for the last few days, just hadn't gotten around to posting.It all sounds like a horrible ordeal. Any one of those tests is more than enough for one day. I hope you get an accurate diagnosis and of something completely treatable quickly.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asscherhalo_lover|1419393990|3807085 said:
Thank you for ththe continued well wishes. I am still in the hospital and the LP from hell ruled out the psuedo tumor. I have had many more blood tests since then and an additional optical nerve MRI. Still waiting for answers.

I'm sorry you are still having to go through more tests.

Continuing to send you lots of dust and big hugs. I hope they find the problem soon and that it is something they can easily fix.

ETA: Do you have someone able to stay with you in the hospital? I know they allow that sometimes. They can even have the other person in with you for most of the testing they do (including sitting IN the MRI room with you) if that makes it a bit easier on you.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I got home yesterday at about 4pm. The LP had made me horribly sick, really bad headaches and virtually non-stop vomiting and nausea for three days. I finally had my last MRI on the 23rd and then had a blood patch for the leaking LP on the 24th and was able to go home. Even though my LP was normal opening pressure some of the neurology Drs still think it might be psuedo tumor just because my vision improved after the LP. I also had some off results with my bloodwork though, specifically high ANA numbers and WBC so I've been referred to rheumatology for a possible autoimmune problem as well. Basically everything is still going to be more testing until we have some kind of explanation but until then the real frights of a brain tumor, aneurysm, or stroke have been crossed off the list so all is well.

It's odd, those 6 days and 5 nights in the hospital feel like they never happened now that they're over. It was almost like an out of body experience for me, like it happened to someone else and I was just watching. I'M relieved to have it all behind me and hope to find some solid answers and treatment going forward. Thank you all for the dust and thoughts, it really helped me when I was ill and mostly alone to know that you were all rooting for me. PS is a wonderful place!

Merry Christmas to all of those who celebrate and Happy Newton's Birthday as well!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1419533666|3807641 said:
Well I got home yesterday at about 4pm. The LP had made me horribly sick, really bad headaches and virtually non-stop vomiting and nausea for three days. I finally had my last MRI on the 23rd and then had a blood patch for the leaking LP on the 24th and was able to go home. Even though my LP was normal opening pressure some of the neurology Drs still think it might be psuedo tumor just because my vision improved after the LP. I also had some off results with my bloodwork though, specifically high ANA numbers and WBC so I've been referred to rheumatology for a possible autoimmune problem as well. Basically everything is still going to be more testing until we have some kind of explanation but until then the real frights of a brain tumor, aneurysm, or stroke have been crossed off the list so all is well.

It's odd, those 6 days and 5 nights in the hospital feel like they never happened now that they're over. It was almost like an out of body experience for me, like it happened to someone else and I was just watching. I'M relieved to have it all behind me and hope to find some solid answers and treatment going forward. Thank you all for the dust and thoughts, it really helped me when I was ill and mostly alone to know that you were all rooting for me. PS is a wonderful place!

Merry Christmas to all of those who celebrate and Happy Newton's Birthday as well!

Asscher, I can completely sympathize with everything you've gone through! I also had a LP and was very sick from it. I spent two weeks in the hospital because of the awful side effects. I, too, have a very high ANA. The process of getting a diagnosis for anything autoimmune related can be very long and very frustrating. Please hang in there! I'm glad that you got cleared for some of the other things they may have thought it was. Was everything normal with the brain MRI?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results