shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique ring repair

syd33

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

I am looking for recommendations for antique jewelry repair in the Kentucky / Indiana / Ohio area. Thank you for any recommendations.

bluelotus

Shiny_Rock
Hello from Philadelphia,
I don't know what kind of repair you are looking for but I sent a ring to restore missing calibre cut sapphires on an antique platinum ring to Singlestone in LA and was very pleased. Check out my thread on the 1920s men's ring.

syd33

Shiny_Rock
bluelotus|1419300502|3806188 said:
Hello from Philadelphia,
I don't know what kind of repair you are looking for but I sent a ring to restore missing calibre cut sapphires on an antique platinum ring to Singlestone in LA and was very pleased. Check out my thread on the 1920s men's ring.

Thank you for your response. I will look at your thread. I actually ended up bringing the ring back with me to try and find someone near me to fix it. I live in New Jersey, just outside of Philly and thought maybe I would have better luck looking for someone around here. My mother inherited a ring with a very thin band and she would like to wear it, but it would probably break with normal wear in its current condition. I was hoping to find someone with experience working on antique rings. Thanks again for your response, going to read your thread now.

bluelotus

Shiny_Rock
Frankly, I didn't feel too confident choosing anyone here in the Philly area and got a number of recommendations from other PSers for Single Stone and so I sent the ring out. The work is flawless and invisible except for the fresh milgraining.

syd33

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, I guess I will have to think about sending it out. Your ring is gorgeous!!

I was hoping to build a relationship with a local jeweler--I have inherited a few rings and would like to get some reset. I was hoping I could find someone local to do everything. Seems like with so many jewelers in Philly there would be someone that is good....

bluelotus

Shiny_Rock
There must be good jewelers here, I just didn't know how to go about finding them. I would certainly be interested too in developing relationships with local craftspeople. Do let me know if you discover any good bench locally. I do remember that David Atlas mentioned Oak Gem in New Hope (?) for fabrication of vintage style jewelry as they specialize in estate pieces but I never checked them out. I have been meaning to make a visit. And thanks for your compliments on my ring!

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
It may be a little out of your way, but I had a very old antique ring that re-shanked by Mark's Jewelers in Montgomeryville, PA and they did a fabulous job - it was seamless. If the ring just needs to have a plain band re-shanked (no stones or engraving), I would not hesitate to recommend them. I can also recommend a Jeweler in Philly that I would trust with that job. If there are stones or engraving, I would look into Singlestone.

bluelotus

Shiny_Rock
NovemberBride,
I would be interested in finding a good local jewelry who can make designs to order. If you have any recommendations, do share!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results