shape
carat
color
clarity

Plse - Your Feedback on two JA Modern Cushions (w/ Asets)

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Plse - Your Feedback on two JA Modern Cushions (w/ Asets

Beautiful stone and LOVE the setting you selected!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium

As promised, here's some pics, first of the sweet JA packaging, and then the diamond cushion (which is extremely photogenic!) - the last couple pics the cushion is propped loose on an empty ring setting, next to my WF 7-stone band with F/G-VS ACA melee - in person and I think the pics also show it, the D-VS1 with med blue fluor *really* pops white:

dsc02291_-_b.jpg

dsc02293_-_b.jpg

dsc02300_-_b.jpg

dsc02298_-_b.jpg

dsc02318_-_b.jpg

dsc02333_-_b.jpg

dsc02323_-_b.jpg

dsc02336_-_b.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow wow wow. this is stunning.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium

And, I spoke with Mark Turnowski at BE about the Dora setting - I am vacillating between going all Platinum, or staying with the 14kt pink gold shank with Platinum head - now that the cushion is in hand, I started thinking the all Platinum would be the better choice. I'd wear it alone to start with (no band), but I'm thinking it would pair well with the SK V-shaped pave band. If anyone has any thoughts about the Dora metal and/or the SK band, please let me know!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Do you have anything you rose gold to snap a pic with? Or maybe put it on a shiny new penny?

noscrusir

Shiny_Rock

It looks beautiful. You did well. Congrats :)

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel|1417033088|3790840 said:
Do you have anything you rose gold to snap a pic with? Or maybe put it on a shiny new penny?

Good advice Niel, thank you. I did the shiny new penny test, and although it looked good, I liked it even more with just white metal, so I will definitely go with the Dora in all-Platinum. I'm putting in the order on Monday, and per Mark, it will be done before Christmas - yay!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

It looks FANTASTIC. Do you love it???

It's just beautiful.

I have no opinion on the metal. I like them all, as long as the head is platinum. Whatever you will get more wear out of is the right choice, there is no wrong one.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy|1417047097|3790958 said:

It's just beautiful.

I have no opinion on the metal. I like them all, as long as the head is platinum. Whatever you will get more wear out of is the right choice, there is no wrong one.

Gypsy, I *do* love it! It is almost unreal in its beauty... I keep peeking at it, and pulling it out of the gem box, just to make sure I haven't somehow embellished it in my mind. For me personally, it is the most gorgeous diamond I've seen in real life - I almost can't believe it is really mine. I've been desultorily looking at modern cushions over the last year or so but hadn't come across anything that ticked all my boxes. When I stumbled over this one on the JA website a week or so ago, I knew I had to buy it if the Aset checked out. Finally, my forever diamond.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock

WOWZA. That is gorgeous and looks HUGE. A little bummed that you're going all platinum coz I would love to see a D with med flou in rose gold but I think it will look oh soo icy white in plat!! :love: :cheeky: Can't wait for pics!! Congrats again.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

marymm|1417049267|3790979 said:
Gypsy|1417047097|3790958 said:

It's just beautiful.

Gypsy, I *do* love it! It is almost unreal in its beauty... I keep peeking at it, and pulling it out of the gem box, just to make sure I haven't somehow embellished it in my mind. For me personally, it is the most gorgeous diamond I've seen in real life - I almost can't believe it is really mine. I've been desultorily looking at modern cushions over the last year or so but hadn't come across anything that ticked all my boxes. When I stumbled over this one on the JA website a week or so ago, I knew I had to buy it if the Aset checked out. Finally, my forever diamond.

I am SOOOOOO happy for you! It's truly just a gorgeous stone my heart skipped a beat when I saw your hand pics today. And it looks fantastic on your hand in terms of size. PLUS I adore your setting choice. Wear it in the best of health. And please feel free to post THOUSANDS of pictures of it. :devil: :devil: :devil: I have to live vicariously when it comes to cushions.

I think next time I see here I'm going to steal Claireteks... just to get a cushion fix, cause you have me jonsing for one.

Where are you located again.... LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

Well, I keep checking in on this project. This diamond has me captivated. Instead of 'refining' my tastes, since pricescope I have found I actually love many more diamonds than I ever imagined. While I have appreciated the beauty of many cushions on PS... this one delights me. Hope you get to enjoy your ring soon... Merry Christmas :)

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium

apacherose|1419154786|3805201 said:
Well, I keep checking in on this project. This diamond has me captivated. Instead of 'refining' my tastes, since pricescope I have found I actually love many more diamonds than I ever imagined. While I have appreciated the beauty of many cushions on PS... this one delights me. Hope you get to enjoy your ring soon... Merry Christmas :)

hi apacherose - thank you for interest, and Merry Christmas to you too!

Turns out, I haven't sent in my stone yet to Brilliantly Engaged... I had second thoughts about the setting, which turned into third thoughts. I had all-but-decided on the all-Platinum "Dora," and then started stalking BE's "Abby" cathedral solitaire (so graceful). Then I flirted with Dimend Scaasi's "Jaclyn" setting and also seriously considered VC's classic solitaire. And now I've just about circled back to my very first choice, the Pink-Gold/Platinum "Dora."

I plan to call Mark tomorrow to finalize the order and hopefully arrange to FedEx the diamond to him for delivery before Xmas - I'd like to get it in the queue so maybe the finished ring can come back to me mid-January.

I'll definitely update this thread as things progress.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marymm|1419185159|3805329 said:
apacherose|1419154786|3805201 said:

hi apacherose - thank you for interest, and Merry Christmas to you too!

Turns out, I haven't sent in my stone yet to Brilliantly Engaged... I had second thoughts about the setting, which turned into third thoughts. I had all-but-decided on the all-Platinum "Dora," and then started stalking BE's "Abby" cathedral solitaire (so graceful). Then I flirted with Dimend Scaasi's "Jaclyn" setting and also seriously considered VC's classic solitaire. And now I've just about circled back to my very first choice, the Pink-Gold/Platinum "Dora."

I plan to call Mark tomorrow to finalize the order and hopefully arrange to FedEx the diamond to him for delivery before Xmas - I'd like to get it in the queue so maybe the finished ring can come back to me mid-January.

I'll definitely update this thread as things progress.

Too many good choices! I like the Dora but the Abby is also very pretty. Not too fond of the side view of the Jaclyn though.
Looking forward to pictures!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock

Oh my goodness, how amazing! That stone is TDF and OMG look at the packaging! :love: I must admit, I always love seeing how each vendor ships their stones, along with packaging.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

WOWOWOW! So beautiful, it looks amazing, and quite large! :love:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I keep going 'round and 'round on the setting for this cushion diamond...

Top Contenders (all three links have videos too):

1. BE's "Dora" - either all-Platinum, or pink-gold shank/Platinum head - http://www.brilliantlyengaged.com/dora-bpid-1249-45.html

be_-_dora_-_op-106-pl-e.jpg

2. VC's Classic Solitaire - Platinum - https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/classic-solitaire

vc_classic_solitaire.jpg

3. SK's R0216 - pave split shank - http://www.stevenkirsch.com/engagement/solitaire/r0216.html

sk_r0216.jpg

I listed BE's Dora ring first because it was my initial first choice and I keep coming back to it.

VC's classic solitaire is just sublime...

SK's setting is kind of my dream setting - I absolutely adore CharmyPoo's split shank cushion ring, and SK's setting is somewhat reminiscent of her ring - and I like the extra bling on the shank and on the basket.

As much as I love plain solitaire rings, particularly for my colored gemstones, for my ER I've been through several plain solitaire diamond rings and while all of them have been lovely and well-crafted in their own right, they've ended up being too plain for me. Yet I only want to wear one ring - so adding a diamond band isn't a viable option for me.

I guess by typing that out, the VC setting is out of the running.

I don't categorize BE's Dora as a plain solitaire ring, though it definitely has more going on if I go with the pink-gold/Platinum combo... but since I haven't been able to commit to it yet, I wonder if it is the right one.

The SK setting really I just love, though of course it is the most expensive option (have not requested a quote yet), and as I work an office job, I think the pave should hold up fine.

I have a small fear/doubt maybe the SK setting is too "fancy" for me, and I'm not sure if I mean "fancy" as in too costly for the likes of me or "fancy" meaning too sparkly for someone who usually prefers plain solitaires. I mean, I can afford this, and my DH is on board, but so far I've managed settings not more than $1700 and this would of course be rather more.

If any of you have thoughts/opinions on my settings ramblings, please help a girl out!

mdmc

Shiny_Rock
Premium

I really love the Dora. I think the SK would definately be to much for me. I like to be able to change up the look with stacking different bands. Good luck and I can't wait to see the setting you choose for this beautiful stone.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

The Dora is lovely. I can totally see a split shank but a double shank ring I think would be overwhelming.

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium

I absolutely love the Dora and think your stone would look amazing in that setting. I can understand your dilemma about rose gold versus platinum - they are both really lovely options. I would probably go for the rose gold cos it is a little bit different. Can't wait to see what you decide.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

Oh, I feel for you. I love all the choices you posted. I mostly just truly adore your cushion, it reminds me of a shining star.

So, I truly do love all the choices; I've been dying to see your diamond in the Dora... but I'll give you what I'd choose for me and my 'logic' for however that helps. I would choose the SK. I think it is the perfect modern setting for that perfect modern cushion. You don't wear a band, so the extra sparkly really matters. Plus you have the visual interest of all those diamonds so amazingly set- and goodness, those prongs. Yes, for me, if it was in the running, I'd do the SK in a heartbeat. But.... who cares what I think. Just sharing my thoughts to talk things through, I know how hard it can be to choose a setting.

Editing to add, I'd do Gypsy's suggestion of a split shank, rather than a double shank on the SK.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results